Read the latest Today Current Affairs November 1 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 1st November 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 1st November 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 1st November 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs November 1 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 1st November 2017 Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs November 1 2017
India to export excess moong dal.
- Consumer affairs ministry, which has stocked over 18 million tonnes of pulses, has asked government’s trading company MMTC to export moong dal to foreign countries.
- Government agencies have stock of more than 1.5 lakh tonnes of moong dal and these need to be sold off quickly before they expire.
- Government agencies such as IRCTC, Defense, Paramilitary forces and Safal together will get about one lakh tonnes in a year.
- Another 10 lakh tonnes will be sold through government agencies, open market sale and providing the lentils at subsidised rates to states.
- The government has also allowed export of arhar and urad dal.
BJP to kick off 75-day ‘Parivartan Yatra’ in Karnataka.
- The Karnataka BJP is set to kick off the Parivartan ratha yatra under state party president, B S Yeddyurappa and travel over 6,000 kilometres in 75 days from.
- BJP president Amit Shah will inaugurate the yatra.
- Yeddyurappa will be travelling in a custom-made ratha (luxury bus) throughout the state and end the yatra in Bengaluru on January 25.
- Prominent leaders like UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Union minister Uma Bharti and Goa CM Manohar Parikar will join the yatra.
- The yatra will be flagged off by Amit Shah at the Bengaluru international exhibition centre (BIEC) on Tumakuru road by 11 am on Thursday.
- Yeddyurappa will then travel towards Kunigal for the first public rally of the 225 public gatherings.
The Union cabinet has approved various agreements.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved a list of agreements as follows.
- Trade Agreement between India and Ethiopia for strengthening and promoting trade and economic cooperation.
- Agreement between India and Armenia on cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters.
- Amendment in the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993. The amendment is to grant recognition to Central/State/Union Territory funded Institutions/Universities conducting Teacher Education Courses without NCTE recognition till the academic year 2017-2018.
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) – Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- Special Banking Arrangement (SBA) for payment of outstanding subsidy to fertilizer companies during 2016-17.
1st November 2017 Current Affairs – International Updates
French President signs law to fight extremism.
- French President Emmanuel Macron has signed a counter terrorism law that replaces a two-year-old state of emergency.
- The law is meant to give police more tools to fight violent extremism.
- It gives law enforcement greater authority to conduct searches, to close religious facilities and to restrict the movements of people suspected of extremist ties.
- The state of emergency was first imposed in November 2015 after the Paris terror attacks that killed 130 people. It has been extended six times since then.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 1 2017
Khadim India opened it’s IPO for public subscription.
- The Rs 543 crore initial public offering (IPO) of the footwear retailer Khadim India has been opened for public subscription.
- The IPO will close on November 6.
- Siddhartha Roy Burman, the promoter of the company, will sell 7.22 lakh shares, and Fairwinds Trustees Services Pvt Ltd will sell another 58,52,093 shares.
- The price band of the IPO has been fixed at Rs 745-750 per share and at the upper end, the public issue would up to fetch Rs 543 crore.
- The proceeds from the IPO sale will be used to pay loans and for general corporate purposes.
- Axis Capital and IDFC Bank are the book running lead managers to the issue.
- The company raised Rs 163 crore from anchor investors such as Franklin India, UTI Mutual Fund, HSBC Global Investment Fund and IDFC Mutual Fund.
Appointments – Today Current Affairs November 1 2017
Tata Steel promotes TV Narendran and Koushik Chatterjee to key positions.
- Tata Steel has promoted it’s two key executives — managing director (India & Southeast Asia) TV Narendran and group executive director and Chief Finance Officer Koushik Chatterjee.
- The company’s board, elevated Narendran as the Global Chief Executive and Managing Director, and re-designated Chatterjee as Executive Director and CFO.
- Tata Steel and German major Thyssenkrupp last month announced an agreement to merge their European steel operations. Thus, creating Europe’s second largest steelmaker after ArcelorMittal.
- Karl Kohler had been the MD and CEO of Tata Steel Europe until he left in February 2016.
Suresh Chukkapalli appointed as the Consul General of Korea.
- Suresh Chukkapalli, Chairman of Phoenix Group of Hyderabad, has been appointed as Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad by the Republic of Korea, with consular jurisdiction over the state of Telangana.
- Chukkapalli was former Director and founder Promoter of Lanco Group and former Member of Central Board of Film Certification.
- He said, “My responsibility would be to foster the bond between both the nations and work towards strengthening the bilateral business and trade relations with emphasis on Telangana.”
- South Korea is the fourth largest economy in Asia and the 11th largest in the world known for its global corporations.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance appoints Vikas Seth as it’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Vikas Seth has been appointed as the new CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA Life Insurance.
- The appointment is subject to IRDAI approval.
- Before joining Bharti AXA Life, Vikas worked for nearly 10 years in different roles at Aditya Birla Group.
- Vikas succeeds Sandeep Ghosh, as the CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
- Vikas also served as the Chief Distribution Officer for Birla Sun Life Insurance.
Today Current Affairs November 1 2017 – Sports Events
India beat China 4-1 at the women’s Asia Cup Hockey Tournament.
- Indian women defeated China 4-1 and register their second consecutive victory at the women’s Asia Cup Hockey Tournament.
- Gurjit Kaur, Navjot Kaur, Neha Goyal and skipper Rani Rampal scored for India at the Kakamigahara Kawasaki Stadium.
- India had earlier defeated Singapore 10-0 in their tournament opener.
- India will next play Malaysia in their last pool match on Tuesday.
Shahzar Rizvi won the Gold in men’s air pistol in the Commonwealth Shooting Championship.
- Shahzar Rizvi beat the Omkar Singh and Jitu Rai to the men’s air pistol gold in the Commonwealth shooting championship.
- The Indian shotgun shooters, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa, Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Sheeraz Sheikh finished fifth to seventh respectively.
- The women air rifle shooters, Pooja Ghatkar and Anjum Moudgil won the Gold and Silver respectively, while Meghana Sajjanar narrowly missed being among the medals.
- Heena Sidhu won the women’s air pistol gold on Tuesday, followed by the men’s air rifle bronze by Deepak Kumar.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 1-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 1-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.