Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
India’s first remote air traffic control tower will be ready by December 2018.
- India is likely to get its first remote air traffic control tower by December 2018 at Ahmedabad airport.
- Remote and Virtual Tower (RVT) is a new concept where air traffic service at an airport performs somewhere else, thereby, dispensing with the need for a tower on its premises.
- The RVT facility at Ahmedabad will be a pilot project.
- Mr Mohapatra explained that this model will be successful in states with multiple small airports located not far from the main tower.
Maharashtra election commission doubles enrolment of transgenders on the voting list.
- The State Election Commission of Maharashtra (SECM) has managed to nearly double the enrolment of transgenders in the voting rolls in the last five years.
- SECM officials announce that the number of transgenders entitled to vote now stands at 1,701 from 900 recorded in 2012.
- The officials say the highest enrolment of 311 transgender voters is done in Mumbai suburban.
- They say adding districts like Bhandara, Gadchiroli, Sindhudurg and Jalna have no transgender voters.
Rajasthan HC restrains govt from implementing new OBC quota bill.
- A division bench of Rajasthan high court restrained the state government from implementing the OBC Reservation Bill 2017.
- With this bill, there will be hikes in the quota given to the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) from 21% to 26%.
- The HC was of the view that the Rajasthan government must take permission from the Supreme Court before implementing the provisions of the new bill.
Daily Current Affairs – More National Updates
PM Modi, Sheikh Hasina and Mamata Banerjee flag off Kolkata-Khulna train service – Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
- A new passenger train service between Kolkata and Bangladesh’s southwestern industrial city of Khulna was flagged off on Thursday.
- It was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal chief minister.
- A fully air-conditioned weekly passenger train service ‘Bandhan Express’ will run every Thursday from both Kolkata and Khulna.
- They also inaugurated two bridges over the rivers Meghna and Titas in Bangladesh.
Railways target completing Bullet Train project by August 2022.
- Indian Railways aiming to complete the “Bullet Train” project ahead of the August 2022 deadline set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The foundation stone for the Rs 1.08 lakh crore 508-km Ahmedabad-Mumbai Bullet Train was laid by Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe on September 14.
International News – Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
Syria declares victory over Islamic State as the last bastion of terrorist falls.
- Syria’s army declared victory over Islamic State saying it captured all the jihadists in the country which marked the collapse of their project in the region.
- But the capture of the town ends Islamic State’s era of territorial rule over the so-called caliphate.
- The army chief says this sealed the fall of the terrorist Daesh organisation’s project in the region.
Saudi king appoints 30 judges, promotes 26 amid anti-corruption purge.
- A news agency SPA says that King Salman has appointed or promoted 56 judges in Saudi Arabia’s state.
- The king issued a royal order that promoted 26 judges and appointed 30 others at different levels of the judiciary.
- It was unclear if the judges will have any role in the widening crackdown.
Qatar appoints women to Shura Council for the first time.
- Qatar appointed women to one of its most important consultative bodies, the Shura Council, for the first time in the country’s history.
- The announcement comes as Qatar continues to deal with the impact of the worst and most bitter diplomatic crisis in the Gulf for years.
- The women appointed were named as Hessa al-Jaber, Aisha Yousef al-Mannai, Hind Abdul Rahman al-Muftah and Reem al-Mansoori.
- These four women will sit on the 45-strong council, which is responsible for discussing draft laws approved by the cabinet.
Current Affairs Today – Business Updates
Google Chrome to block pesky redirecting ads from 2018 – Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
- Google is soon going to crack down on annoying redirect advertisements in the Chrome browser.
- The new feature will reportedly roll out in three parts in 2018.
- From January 2008, Chrome’s pop-up blocker will prevent sites with these types of abusive experiences from opening new windows or tabs.
- This is similar to how Google “Safe Browsing” protects users from malicious content.
AMD launches Ryzen Pro processors for enterprise workloads in India.
- US-based chipmaker AMD launches next-generation desktop processors, Ryzen Pro.
- The new set of processors aims at the enterprise workloads in India.
- The “Ryzen PRO” is the first 8-core, 16-thread processors for commercial grade PCs.
- The ‘Zen’ core in every chip provides up to 52 percent improvement in computing capability over the previous generation.
Today Current Affairs – Agreements Affairs
Boeing signs deal to sell 300 planes worth $37 billion to China – Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
- Boeing signed an agreement on Thursday to sell 300 planes to China Aviation Supplies Holding Company worth $37 billion.
- State-run China Aviation Supplies, which leases planes to Chinese airlines, said the order was for 260 B-737s as well as 40 B777s and B787s.
- Boeing had 334 orders by unidentified customers as of Oct. 24, of which 290 were for its 737-narrowbody family.
Appointment News – November 10th 2017 Current Affairs
Tourism minister KJ Alphons elected Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan.
- Union minister KJ Alphons is elected as a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan after the Congress did not put up a candidate.
- The poll took after former MP Venkaiah Naidu vacates his seat following his election as the country’ vice president.
Current Affairs 2017 November 10th – Resignations Affairs
Bangladesh cricket coach Hathurusingha resigns from his post.
- The head coach of Bangladesh’s national cricket team Hathurusingha has resigned from his post.
- The reports say he is likely to take charge of the Sri Lankan team.
- Hathurusingha is currently under contract with the BCB until World Cup 2019.
- Reports say he is one of the highest-paid cricket coaches in the world.
Sports Events – Today Current Affairs November 10 2017
Virender Sehwag included in NADA’s Anti-Doping Appeal Panel.
- Legendary opener Virender Sehwag and former Delhi player Vinay Lamba have been made members of the Anti-Doping Appeal Panel (ADAP) of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- Sehwag and Lamba, who played 76 first-class matches for Delhi between 1967 and 1981, are in the six-member panel headed by retired judge R V Easwar.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 9-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 9-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.