Today Current Affairs November 12 2017
Union Cabinet approved a new revamped National Rural Drinking Water Programme.
- To make sure the state governments implement the rural drinking water supply programme effectively, the Cabinet approved the restructuring of National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP).
- The states will have to implement the programme to be sustainable and functional, the states will have to invest 25 per cent of the budget, and Center will reimburse them later.
- The reimbursement of the states’ expenditure has been introduced to make sure that states make more efforts to ensure the scheme gets the desired results.
- The Cabinet approved Rs 23,000 crore for the drinking water programme till the year 2019-20.
- 2 per cent of the funds will be earmarked for Japanese Encephalitis/Acute Encephalitis-affected areas.
- The programme will focus on areas hit by arsenic, fluoride iron, nitrate and salinity problems.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi held meetings with US President Donald Trump and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during the ASEAN Summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held separate meetings with US President Donald Trump and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on the sidelines of the 50th anniversary of the ASEAN Summit.
- Modi also met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak at the reception for the 31st ASEAN summit.
- He also held brief meetings with other leaders at the reception hosted by Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte at the mega SMX Convention Centre in Pasay City.
- The prime minister and all other leaders wore Barong Tagalong, the national dress of the Philippines. Renowned Filipino designer Albert Andrada had designed the shirts.
All India Radio to launch its services on Amazon’s Echo Dot.
- All India Radio (AIR) Director General Fayyaz Sheheryar announced that the broadcaster will have its services on Amazon’s Echo Dot within three-to-six months’ time.
- Amazon Echo is a brand of smart speakers developed by Amazon.com. The devices connect to the voice-controlled intelligent personal service Alexa, which responds to the name “Alexa”.
- AIR is working to provide Virtual Private Network which will provide seamless broadcasting service to any part of the country.
- AIR is developing websites which will have all stations across India, also a Mobile app of All India Radio is being developed to utilize the existing platforms with over 20 live streaming channels.
- Fayyaz Sheheryar announced in Meghalaya on the eve of Public Service Broadcasting Day, that AIR will introduce HD radio.
- The Director General said AIR news bulletins, Current Affairs programmes and other programmes, have been strengthening the country’s democratic fabric.
International News – Today Current Affairs November 12 2017
India stands at sixth position for being the most vulnerable country facing extreme weather events.
- India has been ranked as the sixth most vulnerable country in the world on Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2018.
- The index was released by an independent Berlin-based development and environmental organisation, Germanwatch.
- United States is at 10th position with Chinese Taipei, Macedonia and Bolivia being the other three countries in the list of top ten.
Top 5 Countries:
NASA received over 1.3 lakh Indian names for ticket to Mars.
- More than 1.3 lakh Indians have submitted their names to NASA to be carried to Mars on board the US space agency’s mission to mars next year.
- NASA invited members of the public to submit their names for the trip.
- The selected individuals will be carried on the InSight (Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport) mission to Mars.
- Members who submitted their names were provided online boarding passes for the mission.
Current Affairs Today – Business Updates
India set to be the third largest aviation market in the world by 2027.
- With growth in domestic passenger traffic, India will be the third largest aviation market in the world.
- In the next ten years, Indian aviation market will generate 2.6 million direct, indirect jobs.
- The findings were released by Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA).
- As per the CAPA report, current staffing for the year 2017 is 1,97,309 which is expected to increase to 4,32,021 by FY 2027.
- India has 6,772 pilots and by FY 2027 it will need 16,802 pilots and 34,972 maintenance engineers.
- Cabin crew jobs will double from the current 11,000 positions to 26,325.
A cartoon network based theme park to come up in Surat.
- India will have it’s first Cartoon Network-branded theme park in Surat.
- Turner International India, parent company of the Cartoon Network brand, has entered into a brand partnership with Gujarat based real estate, entertainment and hospitality group Rajgreen.
- The theme park will be a 61,000 square meter property called as Amaazia, in Surat.
- The park will be launched in the first quarter of 2019 on a budget of Rs 450 crore.
- Amaazia has Cartoon Network Amazon Water Park in Pattaya, Thailand and the IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai.
Sports Events – Today Current Affairs November 12 2017
Olympian Dipa Karmakar received an honorary degree from the National Institute of Technology Agartala.
- India’s star gymnast Dipa Karmakar was conferred a D.Litt. degree by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala.
- The 24-year-old became the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for the Olympics, finished fourth in the final of the women’s vault event at the Rio Olympics in Brazil last year.
- Dipa’s father Dulal Karmakar said that his daughter is now preparing for the 18th Asian Games in Indonesia’s Jakarta and 21st Commonwealth Games to be held in Australia’s Gold Coast.
Pro Kabaddi League – 5 finals became India’s highest rated non-cricket event on television.
- The fifth ProKabaddi League (PKL) final has become India’s highest rated non-cricket event on television, according to the viewership data released by the league and it’s official broadcaster Star Sports.
- The match has 26.2 million average impressions, next to the 39.4 million final of the 10th Indian Premier League match.
- Tamil Nadu was the most successful among the new markets with a viewership growth of 3.6 times.
- There were new teams based out of Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Haryana.
- The average viewership for the league this season (132 games) was 14% higher than that for the last season (56 games).
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 11-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 11-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.