Today Current Affairs November 13 2017
PM Modi attends the opening ceremony of 31st ASEAN Summit in Manila.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today attended the opening ceremony of the 31st ASEAN Summit.
- Ahead of the summits, Modi will hold a bilateral meeting with Duterte, and the Prime Minister is also scheduled to hold a bilateral meeting with Trump.
- Modi would also speak at the Asian Business and Investment Summit and attend an Indian community reception to be hosted by the Ambassador of India to the Philippines.
- This year marks the 25th year of the India-Asian dialogue partnership and the golden jubilee of the formation of the ASEAN regional bloc.
Railway officials say Chenab bridge the world’s highest, can withstand quakes and blasts.
- The world’s tallest bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district, currently under construction, will be able to withstand up to 8 magnitude earthquakes and high-intensity blasts, according to railway officials.
- The arch bridge, a part of an ambitious railway project connecting Kashmir to the rest of the country, will have a “security setup” against possible terror threats and quake.
- The officials say the bridge has been designed in such a way that it will withstand an earthquake measuring eight on the Richter scale.
More Current Affairs Updates – National News Today
Lalu Prasad all set to become RJD’s national president for tenth consecutive term – Today Current Affairs November 13 2017
- Former rail minister and former Bihar CM Lalu Prasad is all set to be re-elected as RJD’s national president for the 10th consecutive term.
- Sunday was the last date for filing nomination for the post of RJD’s national president.
- Lalu is RJD’s national president ever since its formation in July 1997 when he caused a split in the then Janta Dal to launch a new political outfit.
India, US, Japan, Australia hold the 1st meet to work for the open Indo-Pacific zone.
- India, US, Japan and Australia attended a meeting on the Indo-Pacific on the sidelines of the Asian Summit in Manila.
- Trump has openly re-named the Asia-Pacific to become the new Indo-Pacific, a sign that the US would put India front and centre in its Asia strategy.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Resigned Lebanon PM Saad Hariri says he is free and will return to Beirut.
- Saad Hariri, whose resignation as Lebanon’s prime minister a week ago sent shockwaves across the region.
- He says he is free in Saudi Arabia and will return to Lebanon very soon.
- Hariri announced he was stepping down from his post in a televised address on November 4 from Riyadh.
China, Vietnam reach consensus to uphold peace in the South China Sea.
- The Communist leaders of China and Vietnam reached a consensus on handling the contested South China Sea.
- Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan also have claims in the South China Sea.
- The dispute has long been seen as a potential trigger for conflict in Asia.
Iran rejects Macron’s call for talks on missiles – Today Current Affairs November 13 2017
- Iran rejected a call by French President Emmanuel Macron for talks on Tehran’s ballistic missiles.
- Macron said during a visit to Dubai that he was “very concerned” by Iran’s ballistic missile programme.
- Iran says its missile programme is defensive and it has no plans to build nuclear-capable missiles.
Business News – November 13th 2017 Current Affairs
Uber seals multibillion-dollar investment from Softbank.
- Japanese technology conglomerate SoftBank has reached a deal with Uber to invest billions in the ride-hailing giant.
- This move also clears the way for Uber, among the most valuable tech firms in the world, to sell stock to the public.
- Uber says it has reached an agreement with a consortium led by SoftBank and Dragoneer Investment Group.
Alibaba sales hit a record of $18 billion as China goes on the shopping binge.
- Alibaba the Chinese e-commerce giant, said its Singles’ Day sales extravaganza hit $25.4 billion.
- It is smashing its own record from last year and cementing it as the world’s biggest shopping event.
- As tills shut midnight on Saturday, Alibaba’s live sales ticker registered 168.3 billion yuan, up 39 percent from 120.7 billion yuan last year.
Jaypee to get JSW Group funds for stuck projects in Noida.
- The JSW Group will pick up 30% stake in the Jaypee Group, allowing the struggling real-estate firm to complete 26,000 undelivered flats in its Wish Town and Aman projects in Noida.
- JSW is a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate with interests in steel, energy, infrastructure and cement.
- The Jaypee Group is currently developing 305 towers over two projects in Noida.
Google adds all South African national parks to Street View – Today Current Affairs November 13 2017
- The team of nature-loving South Africans in partnership with Google Street View and South African Tourism releases a large collection of 360-degree imagery of the country’s wildest areas.
- The project is part of Google’s Street View Camera Loan Programme, which encourages people to apply to borrow the 360-degree camera technology and map the planet.
- For the first time, travellers and wildlife lovers from across the globe can explore the full spectrum of South Africa’s diverse wilderness areas on Google Maps and Street View.
Today Current Affairs November 13 2017 – Sports Events
Pankaj Advani wins the 17th world title.
- Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani clinched his 17th world title after he thrashed his arch-rival Mike Russell of England in the IBSF World Billiards Championship.
- Advani beat Russell 6-2 to defending the 150-up format title he had won in Bengaluru last year.
- Advani is winner of maximum number of world titles in any sport by an Indian
Marc Marquez wins fourth MotoGP world title.
- Spain’s Marc Marquez sealed his sixth world championship and fourth in the premier MotoGP category.
- He was in third place at the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix on Sunday.
- Marquez had started the race from pole position and led after the start before being passed by Zarco on lap three.
Daily Current Affairs – Sports Updates
Vettel wins Brazilian Grand Prix race – Today Current Affairs November 13 2017
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the Brazilian Grand Prix ahead of Valtteri Bottas.
- Lewis Hamilton, who clinched his fourth world championship in Mexico, started from the pitlane after crashing in qualifying.
- Fellow-Finn Kimi Raikkonen held off Hamilton to take third for Ferrari
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 12-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 12-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.