Today Current Affairs November 14 2017
|This Day in History|
PM Modi visits rice research institute in the Philippines and meets Indian scientists.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the global rice research centre in the Philippines and got a briefing from the scientists at the world-famous institute.
- The institute is working towards developing the better quality of rice seeds to address issues relating to food scarcity.
- The Indian government is also setting up a regional centre of the IRRI in Varanasi, the Prime Minister’s constituency, to develop high-yielding rice varieties.
- The IRRI, which has offices in 17 countries, is known for its work in developing rice varieties which gave the contribution to the Green Revolution in the 1960s.
Northeast to get helicopter-based air dispensary for patients in remote areas.
- Union minister Jitendra Singh says the Northeast will soon get a helicopter-based air dispensary, the first of its kind, to serve the people in remote areas in the region.
- The Northeast is all set to get India first air dispensary helicopter.
- According to the plan, helicopters will be at two locations like Imphal and Shillong, from where doctors, paramedics would be able to fly over eight states in the region.
- The Union Ministry of Development of Northeast (DONER) has already contributed Rs 25 crore as part of the initial funding for this initiative.
Yogi Adityanath, Akhilesh Yadav, Mayawati to campaign in Gujarat.
- Chief minister Yogi Adityanath, Samajwadi Party (SP) national president Akhilesh Yadav and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati will hit the campaign trail in Gujarat.
- The assembly elections in Gujarat are scheduled on December 9 and 14.
- Akhilesh Yadav will address public meetings in support of Congress candidates in Gujarat.
Current Affairs Today – More National Updates
Javadekar says there will be a new education policy by December end – Today Current Affairs November 14 2017
- Union human resource development minister Prakash Javadekar said the first draft of the new National Education Policy will come out by December end.
- The policy is made by a nine-member panel with former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman K Kasturirangan as a head.
- Prakash Javadekar says it is certain that the new policy will serve the country for the next 20 years.
- He says it will be more modern, research-oriented and will produce better citizens.
Exhibition of books on PMs opens at Nehru Memorial Museum.
- A first-of-its-kind exhibition of books on prime ministers of India opens at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library.
- The exhibition, with 494 books written on or by PMs, is part of the government’s plan to set up a Prime Ministers Museum in the Teen Murti Estate.
- The exhibition which will end on November 17 got the extension to November 19.
International Updates – November 14th 2017 Current Affairs
Vijay Upadhyaya first Indian composer to perform classical Western music on Chinese themes.
- Vijay Upadhyaya will be the first Indian to compose classical western music on Chinese cultural themes.
- He will be presenting his 60-member orchestra at a Beijing auditorium.
- China National Symphony Orchestra and Chorus is sponsoring the composition which Upadhyaya will present.
Panama’s president to travel to China to meet Xi Jinping.
- Panama’s President Juan Carlos Varela will travel to China to meet with his counterpart Xi Jinping.
- The bilateral meeting will serve to establish a new economic, trade, tourist and diplomatic outlook for the country.
- Panama president Juan Carlos Varela will inaugurate Panama’s first embassy in China.
Nepal scraps $2.5 billion hydropower plant deal with the Chinese company – Today Current Affairs November 14 2017
- Nepal has scrapped a $2.5 billion deal with China Gezhouba Group Corporation to build the country’s biggest hydropower plant.
- In June a Maoist-dominated coalition government awarded a contract to China Gezhouba Group Corporation to build a 1,200 MW plant on the Budhi Gandaki River.
- Kathmandu clears a 750 MW project to be built on the West Seti River in the western part of the country.
Today Current Affairs November 14 2017 – Business News
As per reports India to overtake Japan to become third largest economy by 2028.
- As per foreign brokerage report, India is likely to achieve strong growth over the next decade and will overtake Japan in nominal GDP by 2028.
- The report says India will emerge as the world’s third-largest economy.
- India has already overtaken Brazil and Russia to emerge as the second largest BRIC economy after China.
Air India gets Rs 1,500 crore loan from Bank of India.
- Debt-laden Air India has received a loan worth of Rs 1,500 crore from Bank of India to meet urgent working capital needs.
- For the second time in recent months, the flagship carrier has received loans from a public-sector lender.
- Battling multiple headwinds, the disinvestment-bound airline has been working on ways to reduce its debt.
Retirements Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
Pakistan’s Saeed Ajmal retires from all cricket – Today Current Affairs November 14 2017
- Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Ajmal was once celebrated as the world’s number one bowler in ODI and Twenty20 cricket and was almost as successful in Tests.
- He finished his career with 184 wickets in 113 ODIs, and 85 in 64 Twenty20 Internationals.
Today Current Affairs November 14 2017 – Sports Events
Italy goalkeeper Buffon ends the international career.
- Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon confirms he was ending his international career after the four-time champions failed to reach the World Cup for the first time in 60 years.
- Buffon played his 175th and final game for Italy as they lost 1-0 on aggregate in a play-off by Sweden.
- Buffon made his debut for the Azzurri as a 19-year-old in a 1998 World Cup play-off victory over Russia.
- He will become the first man to play in six World Cups if he hasn’t retired from football.
The US ends 17-year jinx, beat Belarus 3-2 to clinch Fed Cup Tennis tournament.
- Coco Vandeweghe led the United States to their first title in 17 years in Minsk, Belarus.
- The American, unbeaten in Fed Cup singles rubbers this year, teamed up with Shelby Rogers to defeat Belarus’ Aliaksandra Sasnovich and Aryna Sabalenka.
- The United States records their 18th Fed Cup crown.
- The win gave U.S. captain Kathy Rinaldi a title in her debut year and makes her the first female captain since Billie Jean King in 2000 to win the title.
More Sports Updates – Current Affairs Nov 14th 2017
Rafael Nadal withdraws from ATP Finals after the loss to David Goffin.
- The world No. 1 Rafel Nadal withdrew from the elite season-ending tournament after losing his opening match to David Goffin at the O2 Arena in London.
- He will have to wait another year to win the ATP Finals.
- Rafael Nadal’s troublesome knee failed him in the end as the Spaniard quit the ATP Finals.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 13-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 13-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.