Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
Assam wants to set up ASEAN consulates in Guwahati.
- Assam government is waiting for Centre’s approval for opening consulates of 10 ASEAN nations in Guwahati.
- The ASEAN bloc includes Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Sonowal said while interacting with the industrialists that Assam can be a natural choice for investors for, it is from here that South East Asia begins.
PM Modi, Chinese Premier hold brief interaction in Manila.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a brief interaction with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit.
- Both Modi and Li had chit-chat on Sunday also during a gala dinner hosted by Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte.
- PM Modi, in his address at the East Asia Summit, conveyed India’s total support and commitment to work with the East Asia Summit.
Google Doodle celebrates the 151st birthday of India’s first female advocate Cornelia Sorabji.
- Google today celebrates the 151st birth anniversary of Cornelia Sorabji, a pioneer who helped open up the legal profession for women in India.
- She is the first-ever female graduate from Bombay University and went on to become the first woman to study law at the esteemed Oxford University.
- Her education at Oxford made her become the first Indian national to study at any British university.
November 15th 2017 Current Affairs – More National Updates
President Ram Nath Kovind To Attend Inaugural Programme Of Hornbill Festival – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
- President Ram Nath Kovind will attend the inaugural programme of the International Hornbill Festival in Nagaland on December 1.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland TR Zeliang made the announcement about President Kovind’s presence at the programme.
- Mr Zeliang said Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will also attend the festival on December 2.
- Hornbill festival is an annual event organised by the state government to showcase the rich traditional heritage and colourful culture of the Naga people.
Ganga Kumari creates history by becoming first transgender to be appointed in Rajasthan police.
- Ganga Kumari is now Rajasthan’s first, but India’s third, transgender person to join a state police force.
- Her appointment was stalled by the police department following her medical examination.
- Ganga’s appointment came after the two-year-long legal battle, which resulted in the Rajasthan High Court directing that she be inducted into the state police force.
- Earlier this year, 25-year-old K Prithika Yashini from Tamil Nadu made history by becoming the first transgender in the police force in India.
West Bengal wins rossogolla war against Odisha.
- West Bengal won its two-year-long ‘rossogolla war‘ against Odisha.
- Both states claimed to have invented the dessert, but it was West Bengal that obtained the ‘Geographical Indications of Goods Registration’ (GI) tag for it.
- The ‘rossogolla war’ began in September 2015, after the Odisha government began celebrating ‘Rossogolla Diwas on the day that a festival called ‘Ulto Ratha’ falls.
International News – Daily Current Affairs
In honour of US fencer, Ibtihaj Muhammad America revels first hijab-wearing barbie doll – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
- For the first time ever in its nearly 60-year history, Barbie will wear a hijab for a doll modelled on Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad.
- The doll will be part of a Barbie line called Shero, which is based on women with inspirational backgrounds.
- Mattel, the US toy company that introduced Barbie in 1959, announced the doll with the Islamic headscarf.
- In 2016, Muhammad became the first American to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab.
- She won a bronze in team sabre at the Rio Olympics.
China launches world’s first fully electric cargo ship.
- China has launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge.
- The vessel, manufactured by the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Ltd, is powered by a 26-tonne lithium battery.
- The 70.5-metre-long ship, which weighs about 600 tonnes, was launched in Guangzhou in South China’s Guangdong Province.
Today Current Affairs November 15 2017 – Business Updates
Xiaomi and Samsung are top smartphone brands in India.
- According to the International Data Corporation’s Xiaomi emerged as the fastest growing smartphone vendor in India in the September quarter.
- Xiaomi now controls 23.5% of the Indian smartphone market, which ties it with Samsung as the leading smartphone vendor in the country.
- Among other vendors, Lenovo made a comeback after two-quarters of decline making it the third largest smartphone vendor in India.
Nokia starts production of 5G ready base station.
- Nokia has begun manufacturing 5G- ready multiband base station in India from its facility at Oragadam near Chennai.
- The company said it will start shipping the product to global customers by next week.
- The company says the production has begun at its plant in Finland, the Orgadam plant will take a major portion of the mass production.
Appointments News – Current Affairs Today
Kenneth Juster takes the appointment as US ambassador to India.
- Kenneth Juster, a top economic expert on India has been sworn in as the US Ambassador to India.
- Juster will come to India soon so as to prepare for and ensure a successful visit to Ivanka Trump to Hyderabad later this month.
- Juster replaces Indian-American Richard Verma as the top American diplomat to India.
BSE appoints S Ravi as its new chairman – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
- Eminent chartered accountant Sethurathnam Ravi takes the appointment as the chairman of the leading stock exchange BSE.
- Ravi, who was a public interest director at the BSE, replaces Dhirendra Swarup.
- Sethurathnam Ravi has experience of holding a number of positions on the board of banks, financial institutions and asset management companies in the financial sector.
15th November 2017 Current Affairs – Defence Affairs
Southern air command chief flies Tejas fighter jet.
- Southern Air Command Air Officer Commanding in Chief Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria flew the multi-role fighter jet Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas.
- Air Marshal Bhadauria flew Tejas for 30 minutes solo from the HAL airport Bengaluru, state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
- Pending Final Operational Clearance (FOC), the Indian Air Force (IAF) has formed the 45 Squadron christened The Flying Daggers with three Tejas in July last year.
- The single-seat and single-engine fighter is the world’s smallest and lightest supersonic aircraft, designed and developed by ADA and built by HAL.
India promotes its supersonic BrahMos missile at the Dubai Air Show – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
- India marketed its supersonic cruise missile BharMos at the Dubai Air Show, one of the largest and most important aerospace events.
- The missile is being promoted under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship ‘Make in India’ scheme.
- The BrahMos missile, with a range of 290 km and a Mach 2.8 speed, is capable to launch from land, sea and sub-sea pads against sea and land targets.
- BrahMos is considered the only supersonic cruise missile in the world.
- The missile was first inducted into the India Navy in 2005.
Resignation News – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
Uber India policy head Shweta Rajpal Kohli quits.
- Uber India’s Head of Public Policy Shweta Rajpal Kohli resign from the company, a little over a year after joining the US-based firm.
- Kohli had joined Uber India in September last year and was responsible for the company’s relations with policymakers, regulators and others.
- The company has not named a replacement for Kohli yet and is scouting for candidates for the role.
Awards Updates – Daily Current Events
Dangal girl Zaira Wasim awarded by President Kovind.
- Kashmiri actor Zaira Wasim received the national child award for exceptional achievement 2017 from President Ram Nath Kovind.
- She acted as a wrestler Geeta Phogat in Aamir Khan-starrer Dangal.
Latest Current Events – Sports Updates
Aditi is first Indian to qualify for LPGA Tour Championships – Today Current Affairs November 15 2017
- Aditi Ashok has qualified for the season-ending CME Group Tour Championship on the LPGA, becoming the first from the country to play in the prestigious meet.
- She has succeeded in keeping her LPGA card for 2018 after a sterling rookie season.
FIH signs with YouTube to broadcast Hockey World League Finals.
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced a commercial partnership with YouTube to provide broadcast coverage of the Hockey World League Finals.
- The finals of Hockey World League will take place in Bhubaneswar next month.
- The YouTube agreement will supplement coverage being provided to over 150 countries through existing broadcast partners.
Obituary News – Current Affairs Nov 15 2017
Shyama the heroine of Guru Dutt’s Aar Paar, passes away.
- Born as Khurshid Akhtar, the Lahore-born actor first appeared on screen as a pre-teen in Noor Jehan’s Zeena.
- Aar Paar, released in 1953 and was the turning point in her career.
- She made her appearances in at least 140 movies essaying an assortment of lead parts and character roles.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 14-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 14-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.