Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
Gulmarg, Kargil record season’s coldest temperature.
- The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir along with Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region recorded the season’s coldest night owing to snowfall in several areas.
- Meteorological Department official said Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 5.6 degrees Celsius.
- The area experienced a drop of over five degrees in night temperature from the previous night’s zero degree Celsius.
- Gulmarg was the coldest place in the Valley and the second coldest in Jammu and Kashmir along with Kargil
- Kargil town in Ladakh region also registered the minimum temperature of minus 5.6 degrees Celsius.
India, China hold first border talks post at Doklam.
- India and China held their first border talks after the Doklam military standoff, which ended last August, in Beijing.
- The Indian embassy said the talks under the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs(WMCC) were constructive and forward-looking.
- This is the 10th round of the WMCC which took establishment in 2012.
As per the report, India has the highest number of people without basic sanitation.
- India, the world’s second-largest country by population, has the highest number of people without basic sanitation, according to a report.
- The report says despite immense progress through the Swachh Bharat Mission, more than 732 million people are still suffering.
- India also ranks in the top ten for reducing open defecation and improving access to basic sanitation.
- According to the report, after India, China, the world’s most populous country, comes in second, with 343 million people without decent toilets.
Daily Current Affairs – Important National Updates
Green court lifts ban on construction in Delhi, allowing trucks to enter city – Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) lifted its ban on construction activities in Delhi-NCR and allowed trucks to enter the national capital.
- The green panel, however, refused to lift its ban on industrial activities causing pollution in the Delhi-National Capital Region region.
- The tribunal also directed the neighbouring states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan to submit their action plan on steps taken to curb pollution within two weeks
Bill Gates meets Yogi Adityanath and discussed about UP’s medical issues.
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and discussed about the immunisation programme against Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).
- The chief minister met Mr Gates, co-chair and trustee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, at the Shastri Bhawan.
- CM says the state government would intensify the JE and AES immunisation programme with the help of the Bill and Milinda Gates Foundation.
- Yogi Adityanath says they will sign a Memorandum of understanding(MoU) for this purpose soon.
- The chief minister apprised Mr Gates about the efforts of the government to eliminate prevalent vector-borne diseases in the state.
AAP launches UK fund drive for Gujarat polls.
- The UK unit of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has launched a drive to raise funds for candidates contesting the forthcoming assembly elections in Gujarat.
- They are raising funds with a customised van carrying a “Flame of Hope” traversing towns across the country.
- AAP had raised more than £57,000 before the Punjab assembly election and £10,000 for the Goa election.
- Several UK-based volunteers travelled to India during the elections in Delhi, Punjab and Goa.
International Affairs – November 18th 2017 Current Affairs
First woman appointed to the role of ‘Black Rod’ in Britain’s Houses of Parliament after 600 years.
- Britain’s upper parliamentary chamber, the House of Lords, has appointed a woman to the role of ‘Black Rod’ for the first time in the office’s 650-year history.
- Sarah Clarke, currently responsible for the organization of the annual Wimbledon tennis championships, will be known as The Lady Usher of the Black Rod.
Iraq launches assault on last IS-held town in country – Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
- The Iraq army said it launched an assault on the small Euphrates valley town of Rawa, the last in the country still held by the Islamic State group.
- The launch of the attack as the Syrian army battled for a second day to retake the town of Albu Kamal just across the border.
For $200,000, Tesla will sell the world’s fastest consumer car.
- The Roadster, the electric sports car that put the automaker on the map, made a surprise appearance at Tesla’s semi-truck event.
- They came with a surprise car which is red and fast and it will cost you upward of $200,000.
- Tesla chief executive Elon Musk says in an event in Los Angeles the updated Roadster will achieve world-record speeds.
Today Current Affairs November 18 2017 – Business Events
Tata Sons appoints 2 new directors.
- Tata Sons elevated its group CFO Saurabh Agrawal and group company Titan’s managing director Bhaskar Bhat as directors on the board of the group taking the number of members to 11.
- With the latest additions, Tata Sons now has four directors from within the group.
- The over USD 105 billion Tata group operates in more than 100 countries across six continents.
Canadian film school to set up satellite campus in Hyderabad – Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
- The Vancouver Film School (VFS) came to Hyderabad for setting up its satellite campus and will offer programmes in animation, gaming and VFX.
- The Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) has been chosen as the nodal agency to handle all the operational issues.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is inked between the Telangana government’s ITE&C department and VFS on Friday.
- The MoU took place in the presence of IT minister KT Rama Rao and Canadian minister of international trade, Francois Philippe Champagne.
Microsoft launches Azure Databricks, new AI tools for developers.
- Microsoft has launched new data platform technologies and cross-platform developer tools.
- It launches with an objective to help increase developers’ productivity and simplify app development.
- The company introduced a new AI-powered platform “Azure Databricks” during an event for developers.
- Azure Databricks analytics platform delivers one-click setup, streamlined workflows and an interactive workspace.
Current Affairs 2017 November 18 – Latest Business Affairs
Volkswagen to spend $40 billion on electric cars, technology through 2022.
- Volkswagen says it plans to spend more than 40 billion over the next five years on developing electric cars, autonomous driving and other new technologies.
- The Volkswagen in September announced a long-term electrification campaign, saying its brands would introduce 80 new electric vehicles by 2025.
- By 2030 the company plans to offer at least one electric variant of each of its roughly 300 models.
Walmart India recognised among 100 best companies for women – Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
- As per a study Walmart India, the subsidiary of Walmart Stores Inc, got recognition among the 100 Best Companies for Women in India in 2017.
- The study is made by AVTAR Career Group and The Working Mother Media to identify companies with the most favourable policies and practices in promoting employment.
- The Working Mother Media and the AVTAR Best Companies for Women in India study was first launched in 2016 to honour companies that help women have sustainable careers
Sports Updates -Today Current Affairs November 18 2017
Wrestler Sandeep Yadav banned for four years for failing the dope test.
- Sandeep Tulsi Yadav, who had failed the dope test last year, has been handed a four-year ban by the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the NADA.
- A top Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) official said Sandeep has been banned for four years by the NADA ADDP for failing the dope test last year.
Australia retains women’s Ashes with a T20 win over England.
- Australia retained the women’s Ashes with a six-wicket win over England in the first Twenty20 international in Sydney.
- The highlight of the Ashes series was Ellyse Perry’s record-breaking 213 not out in the day-night Ashes Test last week.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 17-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 17-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.