Read the latest Today Current Affairs November 2 2017 here. This page has important Current Updates. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 2nd November 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 2nd November 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 2nd November 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
2nd November 2017 Current Affairs – Today Current Affairs
National Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
TMC to launch the campaign against ‘Black Day’ in West Bengal on note ban anniversary.
- The ruling Trinamool Congress will launch a massive campaign across West Bengal to mark November 8, the first anniversary of demonitisation as ‘Black Day.
- Protest rallies and street corner meetings will be organized throughout the week in each and every district of the state covering all the 77,000 booths of West Bengal.
- TMC’s protest programme will be part of the ‘Black Day’ campaign by several opposition parties on that day to highlight the ill-effects of demonetization on the economy.
- The TMC has also decided to use social media as part of the campaign program.
IKEA buys the 10-acre plot in Gurgaon for over Rs. 800 crores.
- The Haryana Urban Development Authority or HUDA said it has sold a 10-acre plot to Swiss furniture maker IKEA for Rs. 842 crores.
- The site was put for e-auction on October 6 this year and was up for bids on October 31.
- IKEA is marking its arrival in Gurgaon highlights the importance of this city and its position in the global marketplace as a business- and investor-friendly destination.
Goa safest for women, Delhi near the bottom.
- The safest state to be a woman in India is Goa, followed by Kerala, Mizoram, Sikkim and Manipur.
- The report was prepared by Plan India and released by the women and child development ministry.
- This index puts Goa on top with a GVI of 0.656, more than the national average of 0.5314.
- At the bottom of the table is Bihar, with a GVI of 0.410, women and girls being the most vulnerable, less healthy and poorer among the 30 states.
- Delhi ranks at 28, with a GVI score of 0.436, pulled down by its poor track record in education and protection.
2nd November 2017 Current Affairs – International News
CIA releases 470,000 files seized in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
- The Central Intelligence Agency on Wednesday released a vast archive of documents and video seized in the 2011 US raid on a Pakistani compound
- The US took a raid on a Pakistani compound in 2011 that killed Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
- The CIA has put online 470,000 additional files seized in May 2011 when US Navy SEALs burst into the Abbottabad compound and shot dead the leader of Al-Qaeda’s global extremist network.
The US to give Pakistan opportunity to act against terror groups.
- US Secretary of state Rex Tillerson has said Pakistan will be given an opportunity to prove that it will act on information provided by the US about terrorist groups.
- The US has stepped up pressure on Pakistan to crack down on terror groups as part of President Donald Trump’s new South Asia and Afghanistan policy.
Pakistan plans to build several new nuclear reactors.
- Pakistan plans to build at least three to four big reactors as it targets nuclear power capacity of 8,800 megawatts (MW) by 2030.
- Till now Pakistan has five small reactors in operation with the combined capacity of just over 1300 MW.
- The last one in the four-reactor Chashma plant in Punjab province, built by China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC), went into operation in September this year.
Business Updates – Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
Reliance Industries becomes the first company to cross Rs. 6 lakh crore market cap.
- Market valuation of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) crossed the Rs. 6 lakh crore-mark at the close of trade on Wednesday, becoming the first company to reach this milestone.
- Reliance Industries shares closed 1.22 per cent higher at Rs. 952.30 on the BSE.
- On the NSE, the company’s stock rose by 1.24 percent to close at Rs. 952.55.
Flipkart, Amazon hit 100 million downloads.
- Amazon.in and Flipkart mobile apps have touched the 100-million, or 10-crore, download mark on Google Play Store.
- India has around 400 million smartphone users, which means more than a quarter of them have downloaded Hotstar, MyJio, Flipkart and Amazon.
- Ola and Snapdeal have been downloaded more than 50 million times, but less than 100 million.
- The top downloaded apps in India are WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger by Facebook, UC Browser of Alibaba, and TrueCaller.
Airtel to shut 3G service as 4G business gets stronger.
- Airtel has decided to bring down the curtains on its 3G service — once hailed as the fastest for data downloads with high-speed 4G service.
- Gopal Vittal, CEO of Airtel’s India operations, said investments in 3G are being scaled down.
- He also says that the company is now working on strategies to re-farm the 3G spectrum (2,100 MHz) for 4G service.
Today Current Affairs – Appointments News
Ajay Bisaria takes the appointment as the Indian high commissioner to Pakistan – Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
- Seasoned diplomat Ajay Bisaria, currently the Indian ambassador to Poland, has been appointed the country’s top envoy to Pakistan.
- The 1987-batch IFS officer will succeed Gautam Bambawale, who was last month posted to China.
- Bisaria also held the position of the private secretary to the prime minister from 1999 to 2004.
- From January 2015, he has served as India’s Ambassador to Poland, based in Warsaw, with concurrent accreditation to Lithuania.
Agreements Updates – Current Affairs Today
India and Russia to sign contract for the overhaul of Mi-26 choppers – Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
- India and Russia are set to sign a contract soon for the overhaul of three Mi-26 helicopters for the Indian Air Force, with Moscow.
- The agreement is also offering long-term maintenance service for IAF’s Mi-17 choppers.
- In October, Russian Helicopters completed the repairs of five Mi-17 helicopters and will deliver these to India in the near future for flight tests and repair acceptance.
- The Mi-17 helicopter fleet of the IAF currently has more than 250 choppers.
- India is one of the largest operators of Russian-made helicopters.
Today Current Affairs November 2 2017 – Science and Technology News
AIBO, Sony’s new artificial intelligence-based robot dog.
- Sony rebooted its robotic dog ‘AIBO’ after more than a decade since the debut.
- The new device comes a day after Sony confirmed its renaissance by forecasting the highest-ever profit this financial year.
- AIBO is billed as a pet that behaves like a real dog using artificial intelligence (AI) to learn and interact with its owner and surroundings.
- Sony pioneered entertainment robots with AIBO in 1999.
Sports Events – Latest Current Events Updates
Vijay Goel recommends Kidambi Srikanth for Padma Shri.
- Former sports minister Vijay Goel nominates Kidambi Srikanth for the prestigious Padma Shri award.
- Srikanth became the first Indian and only the fourth shuttler in the world to win four Super Series tournaments in a calendar season.
- Goel wrote a letter to the home minister, recommending Srikanth for the country’s fourth highest civilian award.
- However, the deadline for Padma nominations had closed on the midnight of September 15.
Rafael Nadal seals year-end No.1 ranking for the 4th time.
- Nadal secured the year-end world number one ranking with second-round victory over Hyeon Chung at Paris Masters.
- Nadal is the oldest man to finish a season at the top of the rankings at the age of 31.
- It is the fourth time the Spaniard archives the feat after 2008, 2010 and 2013.
More Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs November 2 2017
India breaks T20 jinx vs New Zealand in Ashish Nehra’s final cricket match.
- India defeated the Kiwis by 53 runs to finally turn things around after losing the first five T20s between the sides.
- Dhawan and Rohit produced a record opening stand of 158, surpassing the 136 by Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag.
- By winning the match India gave Ashish Nehra a perfect retirement gift.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 1-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 1-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.