Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
Haryana government’s launches new scheme offers for domestic power connections on EMI.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a new scheme under which one can pay just Rs. 200 and get a domestic power connection in any rural area of the state.
- At present, one has to pay between Rs. 3,000 and Rs. 4,000 to get a power connection.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar says the government would fulfil its promise to provide 24-hour power supply all over the state in the next two years.
World’s biggest toilet pot model unveiled in Haryana’s Trump Village.
- The world’s biggest toilet pot model was unveiled at Marora, popularly known as the “Trump village”, in Haryana on the World Toilet Day today
- The model is made to create awareness towards sanitation and use of toilets.
- A mega toilet pot made up of iron, fibre, wood and plaster of Paris was unveiled in the hamlet to mark the World Toilet Day.
- Apart from inaugurating individual toilets, two books on the use of toilets and sanitation were also released.
Congress, PAAS reach agreement over reservation to Patels – Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
- The Congress and Hardik Patel led PAAS have said that they have reached an agreement over the issue of granting reservation to Patel.
- Hardik had earlier said that he would support the Congress in the polls only if the party committed to the reservation in education and govt jobs for his community.
- The meeting with PAAS leaders was attended by Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki and senior Congress leaders Siddharth Patel and Babubhai Mangukia.
- The polling for the two-phase elections in Gujarat will take place on December 9 and 14.
Daily Current Affairs – More National Updates
Soon, Mumbai to get its own backwaters along Marve-Gorai coast.
- State education and guardian minister, Vinod Tawde said that the Maharashtra government intends to develop the Marve-Manori-Gorai coastline along the lines of the backwaters of Kerala.
- Tawde made the announcement at the foundation-laying ceremony for the construction of a jetty at Marve for the Roll-on Roll-off (Ro-Ro) ferry services between Marve and Manor.
- Atul Patne the CEO of Maharashtra Maritime Board says the MMB plans to start the service by May 2018, but it still needs a go-ahead from the Bombay high court.
International Affairs – November 2oth 2017 Current Affairs
Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe fired as ruling party leader – Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe faced the imminent end of his 37-year rule as the once-loyal ZANU-PF party sacked him as its leader.
- The 93-year-old Robert Mugabe has been under house arrest since Tuesday when the military moved in.
- Robert Mugabe became prime minister on Zimbabwe’s independence from Britain in 1980 and then president in 1987.
China’s military launches website to report leaks and fake news.
- China’s military launched a website inviting the public to report leaks and fake news, as well as illegal online activities.
- Beijing has been ramping up measures to secure the internet and maintain strict censorship.
- The process got the nod ahead of the party’s five-yearly National Congress that took place in October.
- The new website is an effort to implement the guiding spirit of the Congress and will help maintain clear internet space surroundings.
Today Current Affairs November 20 2017- Business Updates
Puravankara to launch 14 new projects with an investment of Rs 3,200cr.
- Realty firm Puravankara Ltd has come out a plan to launch 14 new projects in the next 12-15 months.
- They are investing about Rs 3,200 crore in construction over the next five years.
- He says the company will be launching 14 projects, comprising about 15 million sq ft of developable area and nearly 15,000 housing units, by the end of next year.
- These 14 projects will be at five locations like Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Goa.
Google India hits billion-dollar sales mark.
- The Indian unit of Google crossed the billion-dollar sales milestone in the year 2017.
- But its rival Facebook nearly doubled its revenues in the country indicating increasing preference by marketers to advertise on other social media platform.
- Google India Pvt Ltd, posted a turnover of Rs 7,208.9 in the year through March 2017.
- Facebook posted a 93% increase in India turnover to Rs 341.8 crore, even as net profit rose nearly 31% to Rs 40.6 crore from Rs 31 crore.
Alibaba to buy 36.2 percent Sun Art for $2.9 billion – Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
- Internet giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said it would buy China’s top hypermarket operator, Sun Art Retail Group Ltd, for a total HK$22.4 billion.
- As part of a strategic alliance with Auchan Retail S.A. and Ruentex Group, Alibaba would buy the stake from Ruentex.
- The deal would give French retailer Groupe Auchan SA, Alibaba Group and Taiwanese conglomerate Ruentex 36.18 percent, 36.16 percent and 4.67 percent stakes respectively in Sun Art.
Agreements Events – Current Affairs Today
Airtel signs 5G technology agreement with Ericsson.
- Swedish telecom gear maker Ericsson said it has partnered with Bharti Airtel for 5G technology for the telecom giant’s India operations.
- Ericsson is already a vendor to Bharti Airtel in areas like managed services and 4G.
- Earlier this year, Bharti Airtel had inked a similar pact with telecom gear maker Nokia to expand their partnership to areas like 5G technology standard and management of connected devices.
Current Affairs 2017 November 20 – Appointment Affairs
Gautam Bambawale takes charge as new Indian envoy to China – Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
- India’s new ambassador to China Gautam Bambawale arrived in Beijing to take up his position.
- Bambawale, a seasoned diplomat who till recently served as high commissioner to Pakistan and earlier as envoy to Bhutan, will take charge today.
- A 1984-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, Bambawale succeeded Vijay Gokhale who took over as a secretary at the ministry of external affairs.
Awards News – Latest Current Affairs
Former PM Manmohan Singh to get Indira Gandhi peace prize.
- Former prime minister Manmohan Singh will receive the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development this year for his leadership of the country between 2004 and 2014.
- According to a statement from the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust, Singh is chosen for the award by an international jury chaired by ex-president Pranab Mukherjee.
- The international award named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi was instituted in 1986.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs November 20, 2017
Grigor Dimitrov beats David Goffin to win ATP Finals.
- Grigor Dimitrov beat David Goffin in a gripping title decider at the ATP Finals to become the first debutant to win the season finale since 1998.
- He seals the biggest title of his career on his fifth match point.
- He will climb to third in the rankings behind only Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
Coleman confirmed as Sunderland boss.
- Sunderland conforms Former Wales coach Chris Coleman as a manager.
- Coleman’s move to the Stadium of Light was widely expected after he resigned from the Wales job earlier this week.
- The former Fulham boss has agreed to a two-and-half-year contract with Sunderland.
Iranian referee Faghani to officiate at 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Iranian referee Alireza Faghani will officiate at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- The world cup will take place in Russia from June 14 to July 15 next year.
- The 39-year-old Iranian is among the six Asian referees, to be chosen to officiate at the international football tournament.
- On July 8, Faghani received the Golden Whistle prize for laudably performing official duties during the 16th edition of the Persian Gulf Pro League, formerly known as Iran Pro League.
Latest Current Events – Obituary News
Mel Tillis American country music legend dies at 85 – Today Current Affairs November 20 2017
- Country Music Hall of Famer Mel Tillis, known for songs such as “I Ain’t Never” and “Coca-Cola Cowboy,” died early on Sunday.
- In 2012, the President at that time Barack Obama awarded Tillis the National Medal of Arts.
- He was also a member of the Grand Ole Opry a pantheon of country music stars and a Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 19-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 19-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.