Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
Indian army creates world record with 58 men on a single motorcycle.
- Fifty-Eight Indian Army personnel set a new world record by riding a single motorcycle at the Indian Air Force (IAF) base in Bengaluru.
- A team Army Service Corps (ASC), popularly known as the ‘Tornadoes’, rode a 500 cc Royal Enfield motorbike for 1,200 metres at the Yelahanka Air Force Station.
- The Defence Ministry said the act is made for the Guinness Book of World Records, Limca Book of Records and Unique World Records.
- The statement added that the ASC team holds 19 world and national records, including one by 56 men riding a motorbike in 2010.
Lalu Prasad became RJD president for the 10th time.
- The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Tuesday elected Lalu Prasad as its national president for a record 10th consecutive time.
- The party unanimously nominated his younger son and leader of the opposition Tejashwi Prasad Yadav as the chief ministerial candidate for the next elections.
- Tejashwi’s name as the next chief ministerial candidate is made an announcement by top leaders including the party’s national vice president Raghuvansh Prasad Singh.
BRICS bank approves $ 400 million loans for India and Russia.
- The Shanghai-based BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has approved two infrastructure and sustainable development projects in India and Russia with loans of $ 400 million.
- The loans will be used to rehabilitate the Indira Gandhi canal system in India.
- The amount will be useful in building a toll transport corridor connecting Ufa city centre to the M-5 federal highway in Russia.
Current Affairs Today – More National Updates
Nepal-India border to be sealed for 72 hours ahead of polls – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
- Nepal will shut its border crossings with India from Friday for 72 hours ahead of the first phase of parliamentary and provincial assembly elections on November 26 for security reasons.
- Nepal is holding provincial and parliamentary elections in two phases on November 26 and December 7.
- According to officials, the crossing points with India will be sealed from Friday morning until the evening of Sunday, November 26.
Delhi airport may become first in India to get bulletproof vehicles.
- The Delhi airport may soon get a fleet of bulletproof vehicles as part of the Quick Reaction Team (QRT) to minimise the damage in case of an attack.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which provides security to 59 of the 98 operational airports in the country, has asked for bulletproof vehicles at Delhi and other sensitive airports.
- If the proposal gets clearance, Delhi will become the first airport in India to get these vehicles.
International Affairs – Current Affairs 2017 November 22nd
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani declares the end of Islamic State.
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani declares the end of Islamic State on Tuesday in an address broadcast live on state TV.
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Major General Qassem Soleimani, also declares the end of Islamic State in a message sent to the country’s supreme leader.
- Last week, Iranian media published pictures of Soleimani at Albu Kamal in eastern Syria was the last territory retaken from Islamic State control in the region.
Pak refuses to allow free use of yuan for CPEC projects – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
- Pakistan has refused to allow free use of the Chinese yuan on the lines of the US dollar in the country.
- The meeting of senior officials from Pakistan and China decided to formally move ahead despite hurdles and finance at least three special industrial zones and some important rail, electricity and road projects.
- The government official said that Pakistan was not ready to allow the Chinese yuan for free use in Gwadar on a par with the US dollar in the country.
China plans economic corridor with Myanmar for access to the Indian Ocean.
- China has proposed to build an economic corridor with Myanmar to enhance trade investments.
- Through which Chinese experts say would allow access to the Indian Ocean for the country.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi who visited Myanmar made the proposal of it.
- The proposed corridor is regarded significant as the BCIM (Bangladesh, China, India, Myanmar) Economic Corridor initiated by China as part of its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Today Current Affairs November 22 2017 – Business News
Xiaomi will set up more Indian manufacturing units in 2018.
- Xiaomi says it is ready to take “Make in India” to the next level by setting up more manufacturing units across the country from next year.
- The company announced its third manufacturing plant in the country based out of Noida.
- The Chinese smartphone maker made an announcement of two power banks that will get manufacture at the Noida facility.
China’s Tencent becomes more valuable company than Facebook.
- China’s social media and video game giant Tencent became more valuable company than Facebook.
- Tencent has become the first Asian company with a market capitalisation of half a trillion dollars.
- By the end of the trading day on Tuesday, Tencent’s outstanding shares were worth more surpassing Facebook’s $519 billion.
Paytm buys the majority stake in CreditMate.
- Paytm has picked up a majority stake in CreditMate, a Mumbai-based startup that facilitates two-wheeler loans for customers with no formal credit history.
- The Paytm has been building its credit play after having raised $1.4 billion from SoftBank.
- It recently launched a pay-later option, Paytm Postpaid, in partnership with ICICI Bank.
Agreement Updates – Latest Current Affairs
India-Russia sign pact for visa-free entry of flight crew – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
- India and Russia have agreed to implement the general declaration for visa-free entry of the crew of chartered and scheduled flights between the two countries.
- The home ministry official said a pact on the issue was signed recently by officials of the two countries.
- The agreement will facilitate visa-free entry, stay and exit of the crew of aircraft of the designated airlines.
- According to official estimates, around 1,200 scheduled flights ply between India and Russia every year.
22nd November 2017 Current Affairs – Defense News
ISRO to launch the first privately built Indian rocket to space by 2021.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning a joint venture with many companies where a space rocket will be completely built by the private industry.
- Isro chairman A S Kiran Kumar said the target for such a (fully privately built) launch vehicle is 2020-21. Isro will be part of the JV.
- Till now, Isro was the only manufacturer of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
- In the two decades since PSLV’s debut launch, Isro has launched 39 consecutive successful missions.
NASA’s first parachute test for Mars 2020 mission is successful – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
- NASA successfully tests a supersonic landing parachute that will be deployed in its Mars rover mission set to launch in 2020.
- The mission will rely on a special parachute to slow the spacecraft down as it enters the Martian atmosphere at over 5.4 kilometres per second.
- The Mars 2020 mission will seek signs of ancient Martian life by investigating evidence in place by caching drilled samples of Martian rocks for potential future return to Earth.
Resignation News – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
Ending the 37-year rule Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe president.
- Parliament speaker Jacob Mudenda announced Robert Mugabe has resigned as president of Zimbabwe on Tuesday bringing the curtain down on a 37-year reign.
- Mugabe was swept from power as his autocratic rule got over within days of a military takeover.
- Mugabe had ruled Zimbabwe almost unopposed since the country won independence from Britain.
Today Current Events – Sports Affairs
Virat Kohli moves up to 5th position in ICC Test rankings – Today Current Affairs November 22 2017
- Virat Kohli has moved up a spot to be fifth in the latest ICC Test rankings for batsmen.
- Kohli is in a top position in both ODIs and T20Is.
- Opener Shikhar Dhawan has gained two places to reach 28th position.
Besiktas into knockout stage for the first time in the champions league.
- Turkish champions Besiktas reached the last 16 of the Champions League for the first time.
- Besiktas are top with 11 points from five games, with Porto second on seven ahead of Leipzig.
Ireland picks Malahide to host first ever Test.
- Ireland cricket has chosen Malahide near Dublin to host the country’s inaugural Test match against Pakistan next year.
- The side, who have playing one-day internationals since 2006, got Test status in June, along with Afghanistan.
- They will make their debut in the five-day format in May 2018.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 21-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 21-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.