Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
Tripura govt makes it mandatory to display tribal languages on signboards.
- The state government has made it mandatory to display tribal languages on signboards, nameplates and other notice boards in all government building.
- The Union civil aviation ministry has been making flight information announcements at Agartala airport in tribal Kokborok language, in addition to Hindi, English and Bengali.
- Veteran tribal leader and CPM Lok Sabha member, Jitendra Chaudhary, said that the state government has been demanding inclusion of Kokborok language in the eighth schedule of the Constitution.
India asks UN to declare 2018 as the international year of millets.
- India has asked the United Nations to declare 2018 as the ‘International Year of Millets’ and promote it as nutrition-rich smart food across the world.
- A letter regarding this has been written to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres by Union agriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- Sorghum, Bajra and Ragi are some popular millets in India.
- Singh said considering the importance of millets the Government of India along with other country governments urges the UN to declare 2018 as the ‘International Year of Millets.
Israeli Prime Minister to begin 4-day India trip on January 14.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be on a four-day visit to India starting January 14.
- Netanyahu will be only the second Israeli Prime Minister to visit India after the diplomatic relations were established between the two countries in 1992.
- His visit next year would be happening almost 15 years after the first visit by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to New Delhi in 2003.
- PM Modi’s visit, the first by an Indian Prime Minister to Israel, was termed by many as de-hyphenation of New Delhi’s ties with the Palestinians.
Current Affairs Today – More National Updates
IIT-Bombay breaks into Top 10 BRICS list at 9th position – Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
- The latest Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking of BRICS universities for 2018 brought a mixed bag of news for the country.
- For the first time, IIT-Bombay broke into the Top 10 lists by bagging the ninth position.
- IIT-B improved its rank by four positions from last year among institutes in BRICS nations.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, lost the sixth position it had secured in 2016, it now ranks 10.
- In the overall rankings, the top three remained unchanged from the 2017 list the Tsinghua University, Peking University and Fudan University, all from China.
- There are 350 universities in the five BRICS countries, of which 79, both government and private, are in India.
First woman pilot and 3 woman officers pass out from Naval Academy.
- In a first, three women officers inducted into NAI and one set to be the first woman pilot in the navy.
- They created history in Indian Navy, by becoming the first woman pilot and the first batch of female officers at the Naval Armament Inspection (NAI) branch.
- Shubhangi Swaroop, the girl from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, who became the first woman pilot in the Indian Navy.
International Affairs – 23rd November 2017 Current Affairs
Mnangagwa to be sworn as Zimbabwe president on Friday.
- Zimbabwe’s vice president Emmerson Mnangagwa will be sworn in as successor to Robert Mugabe at a ceremony on Friday.
- The former vice president is out of the country after he was sacked from both party and government.
- He will replace comrade Robert Mugabe who resigned recently after ending his 37-year political career.
China launches the website for civilians to report the leak of military information.
- China has launched a website where citizens can report any leaks of military information or news reports that “insult” the armed forces or target the Communist Party (CPC) leadership.
- The central military commission, which commands and controls the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), announced the launch of the website over the weekend.
- The reporting website is in tune with the clean cyberspace objectives underlined at last month’s 19th CPC congress.
Latin America is world’s most violent region for women – Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
- The United Nations said that Latin America and the Caribbean is the most violent region in the world for women.
- In a report presented in Panama, UN Women and the UN Development Programme (UNDP) found assaults on women persisted in the region despite severe laws aimed at curbing the phenomenon.
- The report added one-third of women worldwide have been a victim of violence in their relationship or of sexual violence by people outside their relationship.
Today Current Affairs November 23 2017 – Business News
Sansan launches Eight cloud-based contact management tool in India.
- Japan’s Cloud-based business card management service provider Sansan Inc launched an artificial intelligence (AI)-driven contact management app “Eight” in India.
- The application allows users contact business connections by converting analogue business card information to digital.
- Eight is the biggest professional network in Japan with double the number of LinkedIn users.
Microsoft’s Skype removed from Apple App Store in China.
- Skype, Microsoft Corp’s internet phone call and messaging service, has been removed from app stores in China.
- Apple said it had removed several internet phone call apps from its App Store in China after the country’s government said they violated local laws.
- Alphabet Inc’s Google Play app store is not available in China.
Defence Events – Daily Current Affairs
BrahMos test-fired from Sukhoi fighter jet for the first time – Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
- India successfully launched the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi-30 warplane for the first time against a target in the Bay of Bengal.
- The 290km-range BrahMos missile, an Indo-Russian joint venture, is now ready for induction into the Indian Air Force.
- The specially modified Su-30 fighter took off from the Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal to launch the weapon against a decommissioned boat.
November 23 2017 Current Affairs – Resignation Updates
Meg Whitman steps down as HP Enterprise CEO.
- Meg Whitman announced that she will step down as chief executive of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
- Neri will join HPE’s board of directors and Whitman will remain on the board as well.
- She stepped down from the board of HP Inc in July and joined the board of Dropbox in September.
Science and Technology Events – Latest Current Affairs
NASA shares the stunning farewell image as Cassini concludes the Saturn mission – Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
- NASA has released a stunning view of Saturn and its splendid rings and moons, captured by the Cassini spacecraft.
- The spacecraft captured it during the final leg of its 20-year-long epic journey in space.
- Launched in 1997 the Cassini spacecraft orbited Saturn from 2004 to 2017.
Sports Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 23 2017
Delhi Dynamos start ISL campaign with a win.
- Lallianzuala Chhangte scored a goal and set up another to help Delhi beat Pune 3-2.
- With his goal, they begin their Indian Super League season 4 campaign on a winning note.
- With the win, the Dynamos continued their stranglehold over Pune in the ISL.
AIBA launches GlovesUp legacy programme in Guwahati.
- The International Boxing Federation (AIBA) launched its famed legacy programme ‘GlovesUp’ with the goal of producing a new generation of world-class boxers in future.
- The highly successful programme is made to create a boxing environment in the country.
- The Government of Assam has wholeheartedly supported the project as it fits in with the chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal’s vision of transforming the state into the country’s sports capital.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 22-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 22-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.