Today Current Affairs November 25 2017
Projects worth 5,000 crores was announced at the North Eastern Development Summit.
- At the North East Development Summit, Manipur government announced business projects worth 5,000 crores was announced.
- The projects will deliver investment and infrastructure through roads, oil pipelines, air services and food processing projects.
- A white oil pipeline from Numaligarh via Nagaland worth Rs 1,400 crore was also announced.
- Patanjali MD Acharya Balakrishna said the Ayurvedic giant has also invested Rs 1,200 crore in the state of Assam.
- Patanjali also signed an MoU with the Manipur government for Rs 650 crore.
- Chief Ministers from Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland had attended the summit.
Lucknow to get first female mayor in 100 years.
- Lucknow will create history on Sunday by electing its first-ever woman mayor in 100 years.
- The city got its chance to elect a woman mayor 100 years after the Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act came into existence.
- The Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act came into being in 1916 and Barrister Syed Nabiullah became the first Indian to head the local body.
Bamboo cycles, manufactured by Bamboo India, a Pune-based company.
- The cycles are manufactured by Bamboo India, a Pune-based company.
- Bamboo cycles weighs only 2 kg, but is sturdy and easy to ride Yogesh Shinde, founder of Bamboo India, announced.
- The cycle costs Rs 35,000 with an online customer base of over 9,000 people in India and in Netherlands, US and Europe.
- Cycles are made by members of 10 agricultural families based in Velhe taluka, 55 km from Pune, who are involved in bamboo plantation.
Latest Current Affairs – Important Appointments Updates
Vamsi Mohan has been appointed as the president of the Coca-Cola South Pacific.
- Coca-Cola India appointed Vamsi Mohan, currently region director of the bottling in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, as the President of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
- Mohan will take charge as the president of the Coca-Cola South Pacific business unit, effective January 1, 2018.
International Affairs – November 25th 2017 Current Affairs
India and Sri Lankan Prime Minister inaugurated the Global Conference on Cyberspace.
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe inaugirated the Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS) in New Delhi.
- Ranil Wickremesinghe is on a 4-day visit to India for bilateral talks.
- The fifth edition of the GCCS is currently underway in New Delhi with delegates from over hundred countries.
- Union minister for electronics and information technology Ravi Shankar Prasad was also present at the conference.
Today Current Affairs November 25 2017 – More Defence Updates
India conducts Defence of A&N Islands Exercise in Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- India conducted a major military exercise in the Andaman and Nicobar Island archipelago.
- The “Defence of A&N Islands Exercise” (DANX) was conducted from November 20 to 24 with fighter jets, heavy-lift transport aircraft, warships, infantry combat vehicles, special forces and regular troops.
- The A&N Command (ANC), set up in October 2001, is the country’s only theatre command, with all the manpower and assets of the Army, Navy and IAF placed under one commander.
- The highlights of the exercise were fighter operations, night para jumps at sea and amphibious landings of troops by ships.
- The ANC commander-in-chief Vice Admiral Bimal Verma urged all to focus on the exercise and be fully prepared for the future.
ISRO to help Defence Agencies track vessels through satellites.
- Indian Space Research Organisation will help defence agencies monitor suspicious vessels and boats through satellite imagery.
- ISRO will supply 1,000 transponders by March next year to monitor boats from the sea route.
- The automatic identification system will monitor boats measuring above 20 metres.
- 46 coastal radars and 74 automatic ID systems have been installed so far.
- Boats have been color coded by the coastal states and UTs for easier monitoring in the high seas and on the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
Sports News – Current Affairs Today
PV Sindhu reaches Hong Kong Open Semifinals.
- Sindhu defeated Akane Yamaguchi 21-12, 21-19 to reach the semi finals of Hong Kong Open Super Series.
- This was Sindhu’s fourth win over Yamaguchhi in their six encounters so far.
- Sindhu will next face former world champion Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand in the semifinals.
- Chen Long of China will face Anders Antonsen of Denmark and Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei will face Shi Yuqi of China in the men’s singles semifinals.
Three Indian women enter finals of world youth boxing championship.
- At the AIBA Youth women’s World Boxing Championships three Indian women entered the finals on Friday.
- Jyoti Gulia (51kg), Shashi Chopra (57kg) and Ankushita Boro (64kg) entered the finals of their respective weight categories.
- However, in the +81kg category, Neha Yadav, with a direct entry into the semifinals due to the small size of the draw, was defeated by Kazakhstan’s Dina Islambekova.
- Jyoti opened the proceedings for the home contingent and defeated Kazakhstan’s Zhansaya Abdraimova.
- Jyoti will next face Russia’s Ekaterina Molchanova in the final.
- Shashi will face Vietnam’s Do Hong Ngoc in the final on Sunday.
Sumit Nagal enters Bengaluru Open Finals.
- Sumit Nagal defeated Yuki Bhambri to enter the Bengaluru Open Finals.
- Nagal entered his first ATP Challenger final with a 6-4, 6-0 win over Yuki at the Bengaluru Open.
- Briton Jay Clarke defeated Tsung-Hua Yang 6-3, 6-4 to make it to the final.
- In the doubles final, Mikhail Elgin and Divij Sharan defeated Ivan and Matej Sabanov 6-3, 6-0.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 24-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 24-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.