Today Current Affairs November 26 2017
Rajnath Singh chaired the 12th Inter-State Council meeting held New Delhi.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the 12th meeting of the Standing Committee of Inter-State Council on November 25 in New Delhi.
- The 11th meeting of the ISC was held on April 9 after a gap of 11 years.
- Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh also attend the meeting.
- Inter State council is a constitutional body under Article 263 of the constitution. It as the Committee’s 12th meeting yesterday.
Constitution Day was celebrated by the HRD Ministry on 26th of November.
- 26th November is celebrated as Constitution Day of India.
- On this day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950.
- The Union Government has started observing 26th November as Constitution Day from 2015.
- The HRD Ministry launched a Digital Signature campaign to promote awareness of the fundamental duties of citizen of the country as mentioned in the Constitution.
Assam celebrates ‘Lachit Divas’. – Today Current Affairs November 26 2017
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said their government would celebrate ‘Lachit Divas’ at various state capitals in India from next year.
- ‘Lachit Divas’ is celebrated to promote the ideals of Lachit Borphukan – the legendary general of Assam’s history.
- Sarbananda Sonowal took part in the Lachit Divas celebration at the statue of Lachit Borphukan at Brahmaputra riverfront.
Latest Current Affairs – Important Appointments Updates
Justice Satrughana Pujahari is the new Judge of Madras High Court.
- Justice Satrughana Pujahari was sworn in as a judge of the Madras High Court by Chief Justice Indira Banerjee.
- Satrughana Pujahari, was transferred from Orissa High Court to Madras High Court.
- Advocate General Vijay Narayan delivered the welcome address at the ceremony held in the court premises.
- There are a total of 54 judges in Madras High Court against the sanctioned strength of 75.
International Affairs – November 26th 2017 Current Affairs
India and Russia to sign agreements to tackle terrorism and smuggling.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh left for Russia to sign an agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation to combat terrorism and organised crime.
- Rajnath Singh will also sign a joint action plan between India’s Narcotics Control Bureau and the Russian ministry of interior.
- The home minister will hold discussions with Vladimir Kolokoltsev, minister for internal affairs of the Russian Federation and other senior Russian leadership.
- India will be celebrating the 70th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations with Russia.
Today Current Affairs November 26 2017 – More Defence Updates
Navy chief to boost Defence Cooperation with Bangladesh.
- Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba is in Bangladesh to boost bilateral military ties.
- The Indian Army is conducting a joint training session on anti-terror operations for junior commanders of Bangladesh at the Danapur Cantonment in Bihar.
- The country’s senior most military officer Admiral Lanba is the chairman of the chiefs of staff committee.
- He will be in Bangladesh from November 26 to 28 to consolidate bilateral naval relations and explore new opportunities for defence cooperation as well as participate in the International Multilateral Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX).
Today Business News – November Current Affairs 2017
Van Heusen Corporation to merge Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.
- American clothing giant Philip Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) plans to merge its Indian joint ventures Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein to create a company with retail sales topping Rs 1,000 crore.
- The new company will have Arvind as an equal partner and managed by Tommy Hilfiger CEO Shailesh Chaturvedi.
- PVH reported $8.2-billion revenue from operations across 40 markets globally in 2016.
- PVH also operates Arrow and IZOD brands though separate licensing deals with Arvind.
U Hostels to invest 300 crores for hostels in India. – Today Current Affairs November 26 2017
- U Hostels plans to invest up to Rs 300 crore for setting up 10-12 premium hostels for working class in all metro cities in India.
- It is a joint initiative of hotelier Sinha and Franchise India’s Gaurav Marya.
- They are looking to set up 50-80 hostels, with rooms reach, in the next seven years.
- The hostels will come up in cities such as Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai.
- It has tied up with brand such as Gym 99, UClean, Entrepreneur USA to provide various services to the guests.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today
Bengaluru FC beat Delhi Dynamos 4-1 in the Indian Super League.
- Debutant Bengaluru FC won their second consecutive match with a score of 4-1 against Delhi Dynamos in the Indian Super League match at Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
- Erik Partaalu scored twice while Lenny Rodriguez and Miku scored a goal each.
- Kalu Uche scored the lone goal in the 86th minute for the Dynamos.
- Bengaluru is at the top of the league table with six points from two matches.
Indian shuttlers won 10 medals at the Para Badminton World Championships.
- Indian shuttlers won 10 medals including two gold medals at the Para Badminton World Championships held in Ulsan, Korea.
- Parul Parmar won two golds in women’s singles and doubles.
- Tarun Dhillon won silver in men’s singles SL4 while Manoj Sarkar won his silver in men’s SL3.
- Manasi Joshi won the bronze in women’s singles SL3 while Pramod Bhagat finished third in men’s singles SL3.
- Raj Kumar and Rakesh won bronze in the men’s doubles SU5 category.
- Raja Magotra won two bronze medals, in men’s doubles with partner Ruhi Satish Shingade in SS6 category and in men’s doubles with Mark Joseph Dharmai.
Gopi Thonakal became the first India man to win Asian Marathon Championship.
- Gopi Thonakal clocked 2 hours 15 minutes and 48 seconds to win the gold.
- Andrey Petrov of Uzbekistan bagged the silver with 2:15:51s while Byambalev Tseveenravdan of Mongolia won the bronze with a time of 2:16:14s.
- Thonakal became the first Indian man to win the title after the formation of separate Asian Marathon championships.
- Asha Agarwal won the women’s title when it was part of the biennial Asian Track & Field Championships.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 25-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 25-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.