Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
India-Pak likely to come face-to-face at SCO summit.
- India and Pakistan will come face-to-face in Russia’s Sochi next week for the SCO summit.
- Both India and Pakistan are now full members of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation)
- While external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj will represent India at the summit, Pakistan is yet to announce the name of the leader who will head its delegation.
- While India’s membership was backed by Russia, Pakistan’s entry was ensured by China.
- India had been an observer at the SCO since 2005.
PM Narendra Modi to hold election rallies in Gujarat today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address eight rallies today and on Wednesday in different parts of Saurashtra and south Gujarat.
- This morning, PM Modi will address people in Bhuj town of Kutch district and later in the day in Jasdan town of Rajkot, Dhari in Amreli and Kamrej in Surat district.
- The polling for the two-phase elections in the state, having total 182 assembly seats, will take place on December 9 and 14 and votes will be counted on December 18.
Current Affairs Today – Important National Updates
Delhi-Chandigarh 200-kmph rail corridor to cost Rs. 11,000 crores – Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
- Increasing train speed up to 200 km per hour on the Delhi-Chandigarh route will cost around Rs. 11,000 crores ($1.7 billion), says a study conducted by French railway.
- The 245-km Delhi-Chandigarh corridor, one of the busiest routes in north India, is slated to be the first semi-high-speed project.
- French President Emmanuel Macron is expected to visit India in January 2018 when the project will be formally launched.
- The railways will sign a MoU with SNCF next year expanding the scope of cooperation in the rail sector,
Rajnath Singh to visit Meghalaya on December 7.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will visit poll-bound Meghalaya on December 7 to meet booth-level BJP workers.
- Rajnath Singh will also inaugurate a party office in the state.
- The Union home minister will address about 3,000 party workers at the booth-level karyakarta sammelan covering assembly constituencies.
International Affairs – 27th November 2017 Current Affairs
Nepal state firm bags $2.5 billion power project after China deal scrapped.
- A state-owned Nepali power company will develop the Himalayan country’s biggest hydroelectric plant after the government scrapped a deal with a Chinese company.
- Nepal’s cabinet scrapped a $2.5 billion deal with China Gezhouba Group Corp to build the Budhi Gangaki hydroelectric plant this month citing lapses in the award process.
- Soon after the China Gezhouba deal was scrapped, India’s state-run power company NHPC Ltd expressed its interest in bidding for the project to build the 1,200 megawatts (MW) plant.
The UK launches plan for the industry as Brexit looms, wins Merck investment – Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
- The British government launches a new strategy for industry aiming to tackle weak productivity and bolster businesses to counter any new problems caused by Brexit.
- The government said on Monday that it had secured a major investment from global healthcare company MSD, known as Merck & Co in the United States, ahead of the publication of the strategy.
- MSD intends to create 150 new research roles and is evaluating locations in the London area.
Today Current Affairs November 27 2017 – Business News
PVH to merge Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger.
- American clothing giant Philip van Heusen Corporation (PVH) plans to consolidate its two Indian joint ventures running Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.
- The combined operations will emerge as New York-listed PVH’s flagship business in Asia’s third-largest economy.
- While PVH had acquired Tommy Hilfiger from Apax Partners in a global transaction in 2010.
- PVH acquired Calvin Klein Jeans from Warnaco Group four years ago, also getting 51% ownership of the Indian operations.
Air India to introduce non-stop flights from Birmingham to Amritsar soon.
- Air India will introduce two non-stop flights per week to Amritsar from Birmingham early next year.
- The Birmingham Airport will be the only UK airport to operate non-stop services on the new route.
- William Pearson, aviation director at Birmingham airport said it is great news that we will have non-stop connections to two Indian cities.
Saudi Aramco and SABIC plan to build $20 billion oil-to-chemicals complexes.
- State oil giant Saudi Aramco and petrochemical producer Saudi Basic Industries Corp signed a MoU to build a $20 billion complex converting crude oil to chemicals.
- The partners said the project would be the largest crude-to-chemicals facility in the world.
- The complex would start operations in 2025, processing about 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Light crude oil.
Agreements Events – Current Affairs 2017 November 27th
Iran and Turkey sign deal with Qatar to ease Gulf blockade – Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
- Iran and Turkey signed a deal Sunday with Qatar aimed at boosting commercial ties with the Gulf state which is under blockade by its Arab neighbours.
- The broadcaster’s website said the agreement provides for the creation of a joint working group to facilitate the transit of goods between the three countries.
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt all cut ties with Qatar in June, accusing Doha of backing extremism.
Daily Current Affairs Events – Sports Affairs
France beat Belgium to win 10th Davis Cup title.
- France won their 10th Davis Cup title when Lucas Pouille crushed Steve Darcis to give the hosts a 3-2 victory in the final against Belgium.
- It is their first title since they beat Australia away in 2001.
- David Goffin had given Belgium both their points with impressive displays in the singles.
Bottas holds off Hamilton at Abu Dhabi GP – Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
- Valtteri Bottas survived several laps of high-speed pressure from his Mercedes team-mate and world champion Lewis Hamilton to claim a memorable victory in Sunday’s season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- It was his third career victory, all of them recorded since he joined Mercedes to partner the 32-year-old Briton in January
Bajrang Punia wins the silver medal at U-23 Senior World Wrestling Championships.
- Bajrang Punia’s became a two-time world medallist after winning a silver at the U-23 Senior World Championships in Poland.
- Bajrang’s medal in the 65kg category was his first win at world level in the Olympic weight category.
- Bajrang has two silver medals at world level tournaments.
- He won a silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and then another at the Asian Games the same year.
More Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs November 27 2017
India claims five gold, become champions at Women’s World Youth Boxing.
- India topped the medals’ chart after claiming five gold medals on the final day of the AIBA World Women’s Youth Boxing Championships.
- Earlier India has won two bronze medals.
- It was the biggest medal haul in the championship, followed by Russia.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 26-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 26-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.