Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
PM Modi to open Hyderabad metro today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the much-awaited metro rail in Hyderabad today, taking the inaugural ride along with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
- The metro will be open to the public from Wednesday and smart cards have been on sale through the weekend.
- In its first phase, the metro will cover a 30-km stretch and is expected to carry 17 lakh passengers each day.
- After the inauguration, PM Modi will leave for the high profile Global Entrepreneurship Summit.
- The Hyderabad Metro line will eventually be a 72-km elevated stretch, which will be completed by next year.
Korean companies want to invest in West Bengal says the sources.
- Hai Kwang Lee, the South Korean diplomat to India, said several Korean companies are seriously exploring the possibility of investments in West Bengal.
- Chief minister Mamata Banerjee wants investment from South Korea in all sectors, Lee said after a brief meeting with her.
- Some of the companies that have expressed their desire to expand operations to West Bengal are Kia Motors, Hyundai and Samsung.
- Kia Motors will be investing heavily in Andhra Pradesh.
Rajasthan govt makes singing anthem must in hostels – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- A directive has been issued to all 789 hostels for OBC, SC and ST students under its aegis in Rajasthan to ensure that all sing the national anthem daily.
- SJE principal secretary Samit Sharma, however, claimed that singing the national anthem was already part of the daily routine in hostels.
- Rajasthan Youth Board too had organised a ‘Vande Mataram’ event at SMS stadium on November 8.
- In 2016, the state education department had made ‘Surya Namaskar‘ compulsory in schools.
Current Affairs 2017 November 28th – Important National Updates
Tamil Nadu won the best state award in organ donation for the third consecutive time.
- Tamil Nadu has won the ‘Best State’ award for organ donation for the third time in a row.
- The announcement of the award is made at the 8th Organ Donation Day event which took place in Delhi.
- The state’s health minister Vijaya Baskar and health department secretary Dr Radhakrishnan both received the award from Minister of State Anupriya Patel.
Ivanka Trump and PM Modi to address global business meet in Hyderabad today.
- Ivanka Trump, daughter and adviser to US President Donald Trump, has arrived in India for the annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit co-hosted by India and the US.
- For the first time, the GES is taking place in South Asia.
- The three-day summit, from November 28-30, will be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) and Hyderabad International Trade Expositions (Hitex).
- She got an invitation to the summit earlier this year by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his state visit to the US.
Mumbai likely to start AC local train on Christmas Day – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- The long-awaited first air-conditioned suburban train in Mumbai is likely to start running from December 25.
- Union railway minister Piyush Goyal directed Western Railway (WR) officials to commence the AC train on December 25.
- Union railway minister said if there is no issue or any problem with the train, then the train service would be a gift for commuters on Christmas and Good Governance Day.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters is the new Miss Universe 2017.
- Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters the Miss South Africa was crowned as a Miss Universe.
- She edged out her rivals from Colombia and Jamaica to take the crown.
- The current Miss Universe, Iris Mittenaere from France, crowned her successor to a din of squeals and cheers.
Myanmar’s civil leader Aung San Suu Kyi to visit China – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- A state media said on Monday that Myanmar’s civilian leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, will soon visit Beijing.
- News of Suu Kyi’s visit comes after Chinese President Xi Jinping and Chinese military leaders welcomed Myanmar’s powerful army chief Min Aung Hlaing last week and pledged closer cooperation.
- Myanmar is in the international spotlight this week as Pope Francis makes the first visit by a head of the Roman Catholic church to the Buddhist-majority country.
Pope Francis arrives in Myanmar on high stakes visit.
- Pope Francis arrived in mainly Buddhist Myanmar on a highly sensitive visit to a country facing sharp global criticism of its Rohingya Muslim minority.
- The visit comes as Myanmar’s military stands accused of waging an ethnic cleansing campaign against the Rohingya Muslims.
Today Current Affairs November 28 2017 – Business News
Infosys plans 500 new tech jobs in Rhode Island by 2022.
- The India-based outsourcing and information technology company Infosys is opening an office in Rhode Island.
- Infosys announced earlier this year plans for an expansion in the United States that’s projected to create 10,000 jobs.
- It’s also establishing new offices in Indiana and North Carolina.
Time Magazine to be sold in the deal backed by conservative donors – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- Time Inc, the publisher of Time Magazine, is selling for $2.8 billion to media conglomerate Meredith Corporation, backed by the billionaire Koch brothers.
- The Time, which also publishes Fortune and Sports Illustrated, began looking for a buyer late last year before giving up several months later.
- Time Inc was spun off from media and entertainment giant Time Warner, which was seeking to shed its journalism assets.
Appointment Updates – 28th November 2017 Current Affairs
Britain appoints the first woman as permanent secretary to UN.
- Britain has appointed Karen Pierce as its new permanent secretary to the United Nations.
- The foreign ministry said that she is the first woman to take on the role.
- Pierce, a British diplomat who has worked in several countries, previously served as the deputy permanent representative to the United Nations in New York.
NK Singh takes appointment as a chairman of 15th Finance Commission – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- Former Planning Commission Member NK Singh takes the appointment as a chairman of 15th Finance Commission.
- The Finance Commission is asked to look into the impact of GST on finances of both the Centre and states.
- The new Finance Commission will cover five-year period commencing on April 1st, 2020.
Shaktikanta Das takes appointment as India’s G20 Sherpa.
- Shaktikanta Das, former secretary of Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), takes the appointment as India’s G20 Sherpa until December 31, 2018.
- There are two tracks in G 20 – Finance Track and Development Track.
- Finance Track is managed by the Secretary as India’s Deputy to G20 and the Development Track is coordinated by the Sherpa.
Latest Current Affairs – Science and Technology Events
SAM, world’s first AI politician that hopes to run for New Zealand election in 2020.
- Scientists have developed the world’s first artificial intelligence politician, that can answer a person’s queries regarding local issues such as policies around housing, education and immigration.
- Nick Gerritsen, a 49-year-old entrepreneur in New Zealand made the virtual politician, called SAM.
- The AI politician is constantly learning to respond to people through Facebook Messenger as well as a survey on its homepage.
- Gerritsen believes SAM will be advanced enough to run as a candidate in 2020 when New Zealand has its next general election.
NASA to measure orbital debris around space station – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
- NASA is set to launch a sensor on December 4 to measure orbital debris around the International Space Station.
- The December 4 launch will be SpaceX’s 13th commercial resupply mission to the space station for NASA.
- For this mission, SpaceX will launch its Dragon spacecraft into orbit.
Sports Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 28 2017
Ravichandran Ashwin becomes fastest to 300 Test wickets.
- Ashwin reached the personal milestone of 300 Test wickets becoming the fastest to the mark in 54 matches.
- He suppressed Dennis Lillee’s record of 56 matches during day four of the second India vs Sri Lanka Test at Nagpur.
- Interestingly, Ashwin broke Lillee’s record that was set exactly 36 years ago, the very same day.
Milan fires their coach Montella and names Gattuso as the replacement.
- AC Milan fires their coach Vincenzo Montella on Monday and immediately made an announcement that he will replace by former midfielder Gennaro Gattuso.
- Gattuso is one of the Italy’s toughest defensive midfielders in his playing days.
- He began coaching with Swiss club Sion in 2013 and had a short spell in charge of Serie B side Palermo.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 27-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 27-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.