Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
PM Modi inaugurates Hyderabad Metro Rail, operations begin today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated on Tuesday the Hyderabad Metro Rail and took a ride along with Telangana chief minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in its maiden run.
- The 30 km-long stretch from Nagole to Miyapur has 24 stations covering several busy clusters and city landmarks.
- This stretch of the largest metro project in the world in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode will be open for commercial operations from today.
India to be the guest of honour at UAE festival.
- India will be the ‘guest of honour’ country at the UAE’s prestigious month-long annual cultural festival, the largest classical arts event in the Gulf region.
- The festival celebrating art and culture will see the participation of over 500 international artists and 40 composers from 30 countries in March next year.
- Eminent Indian artists, including musician Ustad Amjad Ali Khan and, dancer and choreographer Gilles Chuyen, will attend the festival.
- Navdeep Suri, the Indian Ambassador to the UAE, said India has been chosen as the ‘Guest of Honour’ for the 2018 edition of Abu Dhabi Festival.
Nitin Gadkari to go for Iran port opening on Sunday.
- The Iranian government said it had completed construction of the first phase of the port.
- Officials said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will inaugurate the first phase on Sunday, in a ceremony.
- Shipping and highways minister Nitin Gadkari will represent India at the event.
- Earlier this year, Iran had asked India to operate the first phase of the port.
- India has teamed up with Japan to develop the port as well as a special economic zone near the port.
Daily Current Affairs – More National Updates
Mitra made in India robot, greets Modi, Ivanka at GES 2017 in Hyderabad – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
- At the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2017 in Hyderabad Prime Minister Narendra Modi and White House advisor Ivanka Trump were greeted by ‘Made in India’ robot, named Mitra.
- Mitra, a robot manufactured by Bengaluru-based Invento Robotics, interacted with Modi and Ivanka at the summit.
- It was Mitra, who announced the inauguration of the summit after Modi and Ivanka pressed a button on the robot.
After Diana, Ivanka Trump first woman to get the red carpet.
- US President Donald Trump’s advisor and daughter Ivanka Trump has become the first foreign woman leader to get the unparalleled hype, publicity and security cover in Hyderabad.
- Ivanka is the only woman leader not related to the British royalty to receive wide publicity and a security cover.
- The only other time after Independence a woman leader of a foreign country received such a rousing welcome in Hyderabad was in February 1992 when Princess Diana toured the city.
International Affairs – November 29th 2017 Current Affairs
The US working on new approach with India, Pakistan on Afghanistan
- The US is working on a new approach with India and Pakistan for promoting stability and reconciliation in Afghanistan.
- The state department’s annual report on its financial priorities for the new fiscal year highlighted this as a key ingredient of Washington’s strategy for South Asia.
Germany to invest 1 billion euros in lowering air pollution.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the federal government will provide 1 billion euros to cities and towns across the country in 2018 in an effort to make traffic more environmentally friendly.
- The money is to be invested in finding traffic solutions to lower air pollution.
- Many cities in Germany face driving bans because the air pollution is frequently above the allowed maximum levels due to the many cars’ exhaust fumes.
North Korea is developing missiles that can reach anywhere in the world – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
- North Korea fired a ballistic missile on Tuesday that splashed in the Sea of Japan, evoking angry reactions from the US with its Defence Secretary Jim Mattis expressing apprehension.
- After a lull of two months, Pyongyang has launched an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) which went higher than any previous shot taken as per Mattis.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the latest missile launch was a violent act that can never be tolerated.
Current Affairs Today – Business Events
Today Current Affairs November 29 2017 – Google rolls out Android 8.1 Developer Preview 2.
- Google has started rolling out Android 8.1 Developer Preview 2 to eligible smartphones.
- The OS version comes almost a month after the company dropped the developer preview 1 last month.
- The second developer preview, as always, comes to Pixel and Nexus devices first.
Appointment News – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
Badri Narain Sharma takes the appointment as chief of the anti-profiteering body under GST regime.
- Senior bureaucrat Badri Narain Sharma takes the appointment as the chairman of the national anti-profiteering authority under the GST regime.
- Sharma who is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, is at present additional secretary in the department of revenue.
Ratna Prabha is Karnataka’s new chief secretary – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
- The Karnataka government appointed senior woman IAS officer K Ratna Prabha as the new chief secretary.
- She will be the third woman civil servant to hold the top bureaucratic post in Karnataka after Teresa Bhattacharya (2000) and Malati Das (2006).
- She is the second woman to concurrently hold the top post in the state with Neelamani N Raju, who is the director general & inspector general of police (DG & IGP).
- Ratna Prabha, a 1981 batch IAS officer will succeed Subhash Chandra Khuntia, whose term ends on November 30.
IAS Pradeep Singh Kharola takes the appointment as new chairman of Air India.
- Senior IAS officer Pradeep Singh Kharola is the new chairman and managing director of Air India.
- Kharola replaces Rajiv Bansal, who was made interim AI chief this August for three months when incumbent Ashwani Lohani was moved to Railway Board as chairman.
- A 1985 IAS officer of Karnataka cadre, Kharola is currently Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation MD.
29th November 2017 Current Affairs – Resignation Updates
Harvey Weinstein resigns from Directors Guild of America.
- After two new lawsuits of sexual harassment were filed against Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced film producer has resigned from the Directors Guild of America.
- A spokeswoman from the guild yesterday confirmed the news in a statement.
Irish deputy prime minister resigns from her post – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
- Ireland’s deputy prime minister resigned on Tuesday, averting a government collapse and potential snap election that had threatened to complicate Brexit talk.
- Opposition parties had demanded Frances Fitzgerald step down after the release of fresh documents about her disputed handling of a police whistleblower who alleged corruption in the force.
Science and Technology Affairs – Current Affairs Nov 29
ISRO hopes to launch one rocket a month in 2018 – Today Current Affairs November 29 2017
- India plans to have at least one rocket launch every month in 2018 from its spaceport at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said we are planning to have at least one launch mission a month in 2018 to deploy satellites in the earth’s orbit for various applications.
- ISRO was given a budget of about Rs. 9,000 crores for 2017-18.
- The first of the missions ahead is likely to be the launch of Cartosat-2E remote-sensing spacecraft along with 28 nano- and micro-satellites.
Today Current Affairs November 29 2017 – Sports News
Pujara comes to 2nd and Kohli stays in 5th in latest ICC rankings.
- Pujara has returned to number two ranking after scoring 143 in Nagpur.
- Kohli has vaulted from 817 points to 877 points after scoring his fifth career double-century in 62 Tests.
- Ashwin has consolidated his fourth position by gaining nine points, which helped him to be on 849 points.
Italy legend Buffon wins the best player award.
- Italy legend Gianluigi Buffon won the Serie A Best Player of the Year award at the Gran Gala del Calcio Awards in Milan.
- Napoli’s Maurizio Sarri was named the best coach in the Italian football awards.
- It is the sixth straight year that a Juventus player has won the award as he follows Andrea Pirlo (2012- 014), Carlos Tevez (2015) and Leonardo Bonucci (2016).
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 28-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 28-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.