Today Current Affairs November 3 2017
India, Kazakhstan armies begin joint military exercise in Himachal Pradesh.
- Indian and Kazakh armies on Thursday began a 14-day joint exercise in Himachal Pradesh to strengthen bilateral relations and exchange skills and experience.
- This is second joint military exercise between the two countries.
- The first edition of “Prabal Dostyk” was held in Kazakhstan in 2016.
- The training contingents comprise a platoon strength from 3rd Battalion of the 11th Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army and a similar strength of the Kazakhstan Army.
World’s highest motorable road constructed in Ladakh.
- The Border Roads Organization (BRO) has constructed the world’s highest motorable road in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The road which is constructed will pass through Umlingla top at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- The feat was achieved under ‘Project Himank’ of the organization.
- The Project Himank has already constructed roads like Khardangu La at an altitude of 17,900 ft and Changla Pass at 17,695 ft in Leh by connecting Nobra valley and Durbuk valley in the cold desert.
India’s first atomic energy venture abroad will take off in Bangladesh on Nov 30.
- India’s first atomic energy venture abroad will take off on November 30 with the ‘first pouring of concrete’ for the Rooppur Nuclear Plant in Bangladesh.
- The highpoint of Bangladesh’s first nuclear energy project is India’s collaboration with Russia to help build the plant.
- Once the project gets finished, Bangladesh will become the third Asian country after India and Pakistan to harness energy from atomic fission.
Today Current Affairs – International News
US supersonic bombers conduct the exercise in South Korea region.
- US bombers accompanied by Japanese and South Korean warplanes flew a mission in the South Korea region.
- Two supersonic B-1B Lancer bombers took off from Andersen Air Force Base in Guam, then flew south of South Korea and west of Japan.
- The US Pacific Air Force said they were joined by Japan Air Self-Defense Force fighters.
World’s longest living dolphin in captivity dies at Japan aquarium – Today Current Affairs November 3 2017
- A female bottlenose dolphin has died at a Japanese aquarium only weeks after breaking a national record of more than four decades in captivity.
- Nana, thought to be around 47 years old, was discovered drowned at a natural cove of Shimoda Aquarium in Shizuoka, central Japan.
- The death came less than a month after Nana reached 42 years and 10 months, beating the previous record held by another dolphin at Kamogawa Sea World, southeast of Tokyo.
Trump names Jerome Powell as chairman of US Federal Reserve.
- President Donald Trump names Jerome Powell name as a replacement to Janet Yellen.
- The Janet Yellen term will come to an end in February.
- Powell looks like a safe pick whose selection will likely assure investors hoping for continuity at the central bank.
- The president also praised Yellen, the first woman to lead the Fed.
Business Updates – Today Current Affairs November 3 2017
Paytm takes on WhatsApp, launches ‘Inbox’, in-app messaging feature.
- India’s largest digital wallet app Paytm is all set to take on Facebook-owned WhatsApp as it announced the launch of in-app messaging facility
- Digital wallet Paytm will now let its 200 million users chat with each other and send and request money within the application.
- Paytm is using end-to-end encryption on messages, offering the same set of security protections as WhatsApp.
3rd November 2017 Current Affairs – Appointment News
Britain’s Theresa appoints Williamson as defence minister.
- British Prime Minister Theresa is forced to appoint a new defence minister on after her loyal ally Michael Fallon quit in a sexual harassment scandal.
- Just hours after Fallon resigned over past behaviour Prime Minister Theresa appoints Gavin Williamson a rising star in her ruling Conservative Party.
Australia names Nicole Rose as new AUSTRAC CEO.
- The Australian government names veteran public servant Nicole Rose PSM as the new chief executive of the country’s financial intelligence unit.
- Rose, who has a good career in policy and intelligence, will be responsible for leading AUSTRAC through its lawsuit against Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Rose, was awarded the Public Service Medal for services to policing in 2013.
Agreements Updates – Current Affairs Today
CBDT signs 7 more unilateral APAs with taxpayers – Today Current Affairs November 3 2017
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed seven more advance pricing agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers.
- It is looking to reduce litigation by providing certainty in transfer pricing.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into seven more Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) during October 2017.
- With the signing of these agreements, the total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT has gone up to 184, which includes 171 unilateral and 13 bilateral APA.
Defense News – November 3rd 2017 Current Affairs
Indian Army launches software to manage logistics.
- The Indian Army launches a software application to manage logistics at the unit level with speed, accuracy and transparency.
- The development of Integrated Quarter Master Package is made by the Army Software Development Centre along with TCS.
- The army said the new application will play an important role in achieving automation of the Indian Army.
Latest Current Events – Science and Technology Updates
New orangutan species found, becomes endangered right after discovery – Today Current Affairs November 3 2017
- A new species of orangutan has been discovered in the remote jungles of Indonesia.
- After their discovery, they immediately became the world’s most endangered great ape.
- The species, called ‘Tapanuli orangutan’, lives in the Batang Toru forest on Sumatra island.
- They are about 800 in total, making it the most endangered great ape in the world.
Today Current Affairs November 3 2017 – Sports Events
Cheteshwar Pujara records 12th first-class double century.
- Pujara scores another double-century his 12th of his first-class career.
- It is the most by any India batsman in first-class cricket’s history.
- He overtook Vijay Merchant’s tally of 11 double tons.
- Legendary Australian batsman Sir Don Bradman holds the record for the most double centuries in first-class cricket with 37.
Kidambi Srikanth achieves career-best ranking.
- Kidambi Srikanth grabs a career-best ranking of World No. 2 after jumping two places in the latest BWF ranking.
- Srikanth, who reached five finals and clinched four titles this year so far, now has 73,403 points.
- He is 4527 points away from World Champion Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, who heads the ranking list.
Novak Djokovic set to drop out of top 10 of ATP world rankings.
- Serbia’s Novak Djokovic will drop out of the top 10 of the ATP world rankings for the first time in more than a decade next week.
- The 12-time Grand Slam champion has not played since Wimbledon in July after ending his season early due to an elbow injury.
- The 30-year-old is hoping to make his return at the exhibition World Tennis Championship at Abu Dhabi in December
Obituary News – Current Affairs Today November 3rd 2017
Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s daughter Dina Wadia dies.
- Dina Wadia, daughter of Pakistan’s founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah, died at her home in New York.
- Ms Dina married Bombay-based Parsi businessman Neville Wadia.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 2-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 2-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.