Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
Former Trinamool leader Mukul Roy finally joins BJP.
- Mukul Roy the former Trinamool Congress leader joins BJP in Delhi.
- Roy stuck to the script he has been preparing for himself for some time by becoming the senior-most Trinamool politician to join the BJP.
- BJP leaders made it clear that Roy’s induction followed a go-ahead from Amit Shah himself.
India, US officials vow to boost cooperation in aircraft carrier technology.
- Top officials from India and the US had a meeting to boost cooperation under various aspects of aircraft carrier technology.
- The issue was discussed during the concluding session of the 4th meeting of the Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Cooperation (JWGACTC) in New Delhi.
- The JWGACTC was constituted under the Indo-US Defence Trade and Technology Initiative.
Cauvery tribunal gets the extension of 6 months for the report – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
- The Centre has given a six-month extension to the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT) to submit its report on water sharing among four states, including Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- Court gave the next deadline for submission of the report by the tribunal would now be May 2, 2018.
- The sharing of waters of the Cauvery river has been the source of a serious conflict between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
India, Bangladesh to kick off combat exercise in Mizoram next week.
- The Indian and Bangladeshi armies are all set to hold an intensive combat exercise at the Counter-Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School at Vairengte in Mizoram from next week.
- The aim behind “Exercise Sampriti”, which will be conducted from November 6 to 18, is to enhance interoperability between the two armies.
- The two armies will also hold a joint training capsule on anti-terror operations from November 13 to December 10 at the Danapur Cantonment in Bihar.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
The US carries out first airstrikes against Islamic State in Somalia.
- The US has carried out its first airstrikes against Islamic State fighters in Somalia, killing several terrorists
- The attack was carried out in coordination with the Somali government.
- The attack may have targeted senior leaders of IS, which has a growing presence in the region.
- America has previously carried out more than a dozen drone strikes against the al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab group in Somalia.
PM Modi holds talks with Armenian president, Latvian PM – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks with Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan and Latvian Prime Minister Maris Kucinskis separately to cement India’s bilateral ties with the two countries.
- Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said prime minister Modi and president Sargsyan discussed ways to intensify cooperation.
- With Latvia, talks took place to strengthen cooperation especially in the field of Information Technology.
Business News – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
Torrent Pharma seals Rs 3.6k-cr Unichem deal.
- The Ahmedabad-based Torrent Pharmaceuticals has announced the acquisition of Unichem’s branded formulations business in India and Nepal for Rs 3,600 crore.
- The acquisition helps the Rs 5,800-crore company, currently ranked 15th, to consolidate its market share from the existing 2.4% to 3.4% in the domestic pharma industry.
- A company statement says this will be Torrent’s fifth acquisition after acquiring brands of Elder and Novartis, as well as manufacturing plants from ZygPharma and Glochem Industries.
RCom to shut voice calls from Dec 1.
- Loss-making telecom operator Reliance Communications will shut down voice call service from December 1.
- The Reliance Communications customers can move to other networks by the end of the year, as per direction issued by telecom regulator Trai.
MediaTek becomes first chipset maker to join Google’s GMS Express programme.
- MediaTek announces a partnership with GMS Express, a programme designed to provide verified Android software solutions.
- It provides android software solutions such as GoogleTM Mobile Services (GMS) and Google Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) certification.
- Under the new program, MediaTek provides device makers with a pre-tested, pre-certified, and fully compliant build of Android and GMS.
Pankaj Advani launches his personal mobile app – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
- Ace cueist Pankaj Advani launched a personal mobile application known as Pankaj Adani Official.
- The application will be available for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Advani released his new app in collaboration with New York-based tech company Escapex.
4th November 2017 Current Affairs – Agreement News
China made the agreement with Vietnam on managing South China Sea dispute.
- China and Vietnam have reached agreement on managing their dispute in the South China Sea through friendly talks.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will visit Vietnam next week to attend a summit of Asia Pacific leaders.
- China and Vietnam have been at loggerheads over the South China Sea through which more than $3 trillion in cargo passes every year.
Science and Technology Updates – Current Affairs November 4th 2017
NASA says solar-powered spacecraft Juno completes its eighth flyby of Jupiter.
- NASA’s solar-powered Juno spacecraft has successfully completed its eighth science flyby over Jupiter’s mysterious cloud tops.
- The confirmation of the flyby, performed on October 24, was delay by several days due to a solar conjunction at Jupiter.
- Solar conjunction is the period when the path of communication between Earth and Jupiter comes into close proximity with the Sun.
- Juno’s next close flyby of Jupiter will occur on December 16.
Defence Updates – Current Affairs
The Indian Air Force says that the glide bomb is successfully tested – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
- The government says that the lightweight ‘Glide’ bomb has been successfully tested in Chandipur in Odisha.
- The air force says this mission is marking a major milestone in developing such weapons.
- The bomb SAAW (Smart Anti Airfield Weapon) took a drop from an Indian Air Force aircraft at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur.
- The guided bomb is developed by the Research Centre Imarat (RCI) and DRDO along with other laboratories of the DRDO and the Indian Air Force.
Today Current Affairs November 4 2017 – Awards News
Hindi writer Krishna Sobti to receive 2017 Jnanpith Award.
- Renowned Hindi litterateur Krishna Sobti has been chosen for this year’s Jnanpith Award.
- The Jnanpith Selection Board has announced the recipient of the 53rd Jnanpith Award for the year 2017 in a meeting.
Retirement Updates – Daily Current Affairs
Turkey’s Sahin announces his retirement from internationals – Today Current Affairs November 4 2017
- Borussia Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin on Thursday announced his international retirement after Turkey’s failure to reach the World Cup.
- Nuri Sahin is chosen as a Bundesliga Player of the Year in 2011.
- The Germany-born player made 52 appearances for Turkey and scored two goals.
November 4th 2017 Current Affairs – Sports Events
Indian women beat defending champions Japan 4-2 and enter into the final.
- The Indian women’s team has reached the final of the 2017 Asia Cup, beating hosts and defending champions Japan.
- Rani Rampal’s team will face China in the final on Sunday having beaten them 4-1 in the league stage.
- India, who will be playing their fourth final, won the title in 2004 and finished runners-up in 1999 and 2009
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 3-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 3-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.