Today Current Affairs November 7 2017
Sitharaman visit to Arunachal Pradesh is objected by China.
- China objected the defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman first visit to Arunachal Pradesh.
- China says her tour of the disputed area is not conducive to the peace and tranquillity in the region.
- The China claims Arunachal Pradesh as part of South Tibet and routinely objects the top Indian officials visit to that area.
- The Line of Actual Control (LAC) between India and China stretches to 3,488 kms.
Railways launches the main arch on world’s highest bridge on Chenab.
- The Indian Railways launches the main arch of the world’s highest bridge on the River Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The iconic bridge will soar 359 metres above the bed of the River Chenab and will be 30 metres higher than the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- The bridge forms the crucial link in the 111-km stretch between Katra and Banihal which is part of the Udhampur- Srinagar-Baramulla section of the Kashmir Railway project.
SHe-Box to take-up complaints of sexual harassment at private offices.
- The women and child development ministry is all set to expand its online complaint system for cases of sexual harassment at the workplace to non-governmental organisations.
- The online complaint management system called Sexual Harassment electronic-Box (SHe-Box) took launch in July.
- It took launch for registering complaints related to sexual harassment at workplace.
Sushma Swaraj holds bilateral talks with Guinea’s foreign minister.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had talks with the Foreign Minister of Guinea, Mamadi Toure, over a broad range of issues.
- Mr Toure met his Indian counterpart and the two expressed happiness over the cordial and friendly relations between their countries.
- Mr Toure appreciated India’s support to his country’s economic development.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Afghanistan will not block WhatsApp and Telegram says the spokesman.
- The Afghan government will not block the instant messaging services WhatsApp and Telegram, a spokesman said on Monday.
- Javid Faisal, deputy spokesman says the Government of Afghanistan isn’t going to ban any social media platforms.
Chinese team in Nepal for talks on rail links – Today Current Affairs November 7 2017
- A high-level Chinese team arrived in Kathmandu for talks with Nepalese authorities on the possibility of extending proposed cross-border railway link.
- The study carries out by a Chinese firm says the three railway lines will be built between China and Nepal with a total investment of about $4 billion.
- China’s efforts to build railway links to Nepal are part of its ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a flagship project being pushed by President Xi Jinping.
Business News – 7th November 2017 Current Affairs
Broadcom may acquire Qualcomm in the biggest tech deal ever.
- Communications chipmaker Broadcom Ltd is expected to soon unveil a bid for smartphone chip company Qualcomm Inc.
- The Broadcom-Qualcomm deal could be the biggest technology acquisition ever, which will be around $100 billion.
- The bid comes as Broadcom plans to move its headquarters to the United States from Singapore.
Swedish company eyes aircraft plant in India.
- Swedish firm Saab AB’s chairman Marcus Wallenberg met Indian government officials this week to explore the possibility of expanding aerospace collaboration.
- In the meeting, they had a discussion about the possibility of setting up a light aircraft manufacturing facility.
- The meeting is held between Saab AB chairman and science and technology minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Chowdary.
RCom sells DTH arm to Veecon – Today Current Affairs November 7 2017
- Reliance Communications (RCom) inked a deal with little-known group Veecon for the sale of its direct-to-home (DTH) business run under the Reliance Digital TV brand.
- The move comes days after RCom announced plans to shut down its DTH subsidiary, Reliance Big TV, as its licence was due for renewal.
Everstone to buy Kenstar from Videocon arm.
- Private equity (PE) firm Everstone Capital has agreed to buy the Kenstar brand of air coolers and home appliances from Century Appliances, an associate of the Videocon Group.
- Kenstar will be Everstone’s first acquisition this year.
- In April 2016, it had bought Hindustan Unilever’s bread and bakery business sold under the Modern brand.
Today Current Affairs November 7 2017 – Appointment Updates
Revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia takes the appointment as finance secretary.
- Revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been designated as the new finance secretary.
- Hasmukh Adhia is a 1981 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
- The vacancy is left After Ashok Lavasa left last month there is a vacancy for that position.
Defence News – Daily Current Affairs
China successfully launches two navigation satellites – Today Current Affairs November 7 2017
- China has successfully launched two navigation satellites, taking another step in building its own global positioning network.
- The BeiDou-3 satellites were launched aboard a Long March-3B carrier rocket last night from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in the southwestern province of Sichuan.
- The two newly-launched satellites represent the third phase of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System.
Isro plans to scale up outsourcing, double satellite launches.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning to double the launch frequency of satellites.
- Mylswamy Annadurai, the director of Isro Satellite Centre (ISAC) said Isro now launches nine to 10 spacecraft built by it per year.
Current Affairs November 7th 2017 – Sports Updates
West Ham United sack their manager Slaven Bilic.
- West Ham United have sacked manager Slaven Bilic after they dropped into the relegation zone.
- The Croatian replaced Sam Allardyce in June 2015 and led West Ham to a seventh-place finish in his first season.
- Former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland manager David Moyes, who is currently out of work, has been strongly linked with the position.
Chhetri’s strike nominated for 2017 AFC Cup Goal of the Tournament.
- India captain Sunil Chhetri’s spectacular free-kick goal has been nominated as one of the four best goals in the AFC Cup tournament.
- The winner of the 2017 AFC Cup Goal of the Tournament will decide by public vote on the AFC Cup’s official Facebook and Twitter accounts
Important Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs November 7 2017
Murray and Djokovic fall out of ATP Top 10 rankings.
- Murray and Djokovic dropped outside the ATP top 10 for the first time in years in the latest rankings.
- The 30-year-old Murray plummeted from third to 16th after not playing since July with a hip injury.
- The 12-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic ends the year in 12th, down five places, for his lowest ranking since March 2007.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 6-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 6-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.