Today Current Affairs November 8 2017
Kamal Hassan enters politics and brands himself as ‘Citizen K’.
- Unlike Rajinikanth, actor Kamal Haasan has taken the political plunge.
- On his 63rd birthday, Kamal Haasan said he will undertake a tour of the state to understand people’s problems in the month of January.
- Branding himself as ‘Citizen K’ he said, I will be touring TN, not as an artist, but as citizen K.
- Kamal says he will give the party a name after meeting the people.
As per the report, India is home to 2,19,000 millionaires.
- The Asia-Pacific Wealth Report from Capgemini tracks HNWIs in the Asia-Pacific region.
- As per the report, India is home to the fourth largest population of millionaires in the Asia Pacific region with 2,19,000 ultra-rich individuals with a combined wealth of $877 billion.
- The report says 41 percent of Indian HNWI’s financial assets are held outside the home market.
Surya Prakash gets another 3 years extension as Prasar Bharati chief.
- The government has cleared the reappointment of A Surya Prakash as chairman of Prasar Bharati for the second term.
- He will have another three-year tenure.
- Surya Prakash was appointed as the chief of Prasar Bharati in October 2014, a few months after the NDA government returned to power.
Google doodle celebrates birthday of Kathak legend Sitara Devi – Today Current Affairs November 8 2017
- Google Doodle today celebrates the birth anniversary of eminent Kathak dancer Sitara Devi.
- Born on November 8, 1920, Sitara Devi has been described as Nritya Samragini by Rabindranath Tagore when she was just 16 years old.
- Sitara Devi received a number of awards including the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1969 and the Padma Shree in 1973.
Daily Current Affairs – International Updates
US Navy carrier drills with the Japanese and Indian navy in the Sea of Japan.
- The US Navy carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan, conducted three days of drills with a Japanese destroyer and two Indian warships in the Sea of Japan.
- The 100,000-ton USS Ronald Reagan, which is based in Japan carries around 70 combats aircraft.
- USS Ronald Reagan is the US Navy’s most powerful warship in Asia.
Syria joins Paris agreement on climate change – Today Current Affairs November 8 2017
- Syria made an announcement during the United Nations climate talks that it would sign the Paris agreement on climate change.
- The move came after Nicaragua signing the agreement last month.
- Now it will leave the United States as the only country that has rejected the global pact.
Chinese robot qualifies as ‘Doctor’, beats humans in the national-level test.
- China has come up with a robot which is now to assist doctors in clinical diagnosis and will see patients in hospitals.
- The robot has cleared a national-level qualification test for doctors which was attempted by around 530,000 people in the country.
- The robot, co-developed by leading Chinese tech firm iFlytek and Tsinghua University, has achieved a score of 456, higher than the national pass mark of 360.
Business News – 8th November 2017 Current Affairs
Suzuki plans to focus on scooters, bigger bikes.
- The Satoshi Uchida led Suzuki Motorcycle India (SMIPL) has taken a strategic decision to get out of the commuter motorcycle business.
- It is trying to focus only on the fast-growing scooter segment and the higher end motorcycle market.
- The company says it is focusing on scooters because of growth in that segment.
Ola, Microsoft join hands to build new connected car platform for auto firms.
- Indian ride-sharing company Ola on announced its strategic partnership with Redmond’s giant Microsoft.
- It made the partnership for building a new connected vehicle platform for car manufacturers worldwide.
- Under the new partnership, Ola will use Microsoft’s cloud computing service to power the company’s existing car platform
- The partnership will allow Ola Play riders to use Microsoft’s AI, IoT, and productivity tools to enhance the in-car experience
Defense News – Latest Current Affairs
India test fires ‘Nirbhay’ missile – Today Current Affairs November 8 2017
- India on Tuesday conducted a flight test of its indigenously designed and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’.
- It can carry warheads of up to 300 kg, from a test range at Chandipur along the Odisha coast.
- This was the fifth experimental test of the homegrown missile system.
- Out of four earlier trials since its maiden launch in 2013, only one was successful.
Today Current Affairs November 8 2017 – Appointment Affairs
West Ham appoints David Moyes as a new manager.
- West Ham has appointed former Everton and Manchester United boss David Moyes as their new manager.
- Moyes has been out of management since he resigned from Sunderland at the end of last season.
Science and Technology News – Current Affairs Today
NASA invites the public to name its next flyby target.
- NASA has invited the public to suggest a nickname for the New Horizons mission’s next flyby destination.
- It is a small, frozen world on the outer edge of our solar system.
- The campaign will close on December 1.
- NASA and the New Horizons team will review the top vote-getters and announce their selection in early January.
Stephen Hawking says the earth will turn into a fireball by 2600.
- British physicist Stephen Hawking has warned that the human race will perish on Earth as growing population and massive power consumption.
- He says the above factor would turn the planet into a sizzling fireball in less than 600 years.
Images of red giant star give the glimpse of Sun’s future.
- Astronomers have for the first time observed the clearest and sharpest view yet of the surface of an ageing star with the mass same as that of the Sun.
- Images captured by the ALMA telescope show that the star is a giant, its diameter twice the size of Earth’s orbit around the Sun.
Today Current Affairs November 8 2017 – Sports Updates
India seals New Zealand series in the rain-affected thriller.
- India beat New Zealand by 6 runs in a low-scoring thriller in Thiruvananthapuram after the match was reduced to eight overs each.
- It is the first ever T20 played in Thiruvananthapuram and first international game in 29 years.
- The defeat made New Zealand lose out on a chance to go top of the T20 rankings and Pakistan remain at the top.
Jinder Mahal loses WWE Championship to AJ Styles.
- Jinder Mahal’s maiden title reign as the WWE Champion came to an abrupt end at the hands of AJ Styles during SmackDown Live’s European Tour UK leg in Manchester.
- This was the first time since 2003 that a WWE title changed hand when Brock Lensar beat Kurt Angle.
- With Styles winning his second WWE title, he became the 51st WWE Champion.
More Sports Updates – November 8 2017 Current Affairs
Olympic marathon champion Sumgong gets a four-year ban for EPO.
- Olympic marathon champion Jemima Sumgong of Kenya has been banned four years for using the banned blood-booster EPO.
- Sumgong’s ban was announced by the Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya.
- Last year, Sumgong became the first Kenyan woman to win Olympic gold in the marathon.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 7-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 7-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.