Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
One lakh Indians book ticket for Mars.
- Around 1,38,899, people from India have booked a flight to the Red Planet via Nasa’s InSight mission slated for launch on May 5, 2018.
- Nasa states that those who submitted their names were provided online ‘boarding passes’ for the mission.
- According to Nasa, India ranks third in the global list with regard to the number of names submitted for the Mars mission.
- The first is the US with 6,76,773 names followed by China with 2,62,752 names. India stands at number three.
AAP offers Rajya Sabha seat to ex-RBI governor Raghuram Rajan.
- The AAP has approached former Reserve Bank governor Raghuram Rajan offering him a Rajya Sabha seat.
- Apart from Rajan, the party is also looking for an eminent jurist and a known person from the field of social service for the other two seats.
- The leader says we have approached him, but he is yet to revert to us.
Amit Shah launches signature campaign for demonetization.
- BJP chief Amit Shah launched a signature campaign here to mark the anti-black money day.
- The day which is being observed by the BJP on one year of note ban.
- The anti-black money day joined the nationwide signature campaign supporting PM Narendra Modi’s commitment to a New India, free from corruption and black money.
Anil Ambani gets a seat on Atlantic Council advisory board.
- Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani has been inducted into the international advisory board of global think-tank The Atlantic Council.
- He joins News Corp Chairman Rupert Murdoch, former Spanish prime minister Jose Maria Aznar, Airbus CEO Thomas Enders and former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd, among others, on the board.
- The Atlantic Council is a foreign policy think-tank headquartered in Washington, DC.
International Updates – November 9th 2017 Current Affairs
China to shut down steel plants for 5 months to curb Beijing winter pollution.
- China will shut down at dozens of steel plants over the next five months under an aggressive action plan to reduce winter pollution in Beijing.
- The measures are part of an aggressive action plan that aims to cut wintertime particulate pollution by 15% year-on-year over the next five months
- The Xi Jinping government will also form a new environmental protection bureau to explore ways to curb PM 2.5 levels in the capital city and its surrounding provinces.
Germany to recognise the third gender.
- The highest court in Germany has ruled that a third sex must be included on official documents, becoming the first European country to make the change.
- The Federal Constitutional Court has ordered the creation of a new term covering intersex people, using a “positive name for the sex” for birth certificates by the end of next year.
Virginia elects America’s first transgender state lawmaker – Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
- A Virginia politician made history becoming the first openly transgender person to be elected to any state legislature in the United States.
- Danica Roem just won a seat in the Virginia House of Delegates, defeating Republican incumbent Robert Marshall in the 13th District.
- She won a seat in the House of Delegates against a politician who embraced an anti-LGBTQ agenda.
Current Affairs Today – Business News
Alphabet’s Waymo to launch robotaxis with no human in driver’s seat.
- Alphabet Inc’s Waymo will launch a ride-hailing service with no human behind the steering wheel and has been testing the fully self-driving cars on public roads in Arizona.
- The test without a human in the driver’s seat is a first in the United States as large tech companies, big automakers and well-funded startups race to develop fully autonomous cars.
- The state of Arizona has no restrictions on self-driving cars, unlike California and some other states.
PayPal launches India operations.
- Global digital payments major PayPal on Wednesday announced its India operations, after offering cross-border payments in the country.
- The company says Indian consumers can use PayPal to shop online at some of India’s most popular businesses.
- They say that the merchants offering PayPal will be able to process both local and global payments through PayPal.
As per the report, India slips to 7th position in business optimism ranking – Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
- According to Grant Thornton’s International Business Report, Indian businesses have expressed low confidence over revenue expectations in the next 12 months.
- India has slipped in the business optimism index to the 7th position in the September quarter, from the second slot in the previous three months.
- Indonesia is at the top, followed by Finland and Netherlands.
Agreements News – Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
India, Belgium to ink 38 pacts during the royal visit.
- India and Belgium will sign 38 agreements covering smart cities and academic and business cooperation during the ongoing visit of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.
- During an official meeting with PM Narendra Modi, both sides discussed wide-ranging bilateral and multilateral issues.
- The government said the two sides also exchanged views on Brexit and climate change.
Daily Current Affairs – Resignations Updates
UK minister Priti Patel resigns over secret Israel trip – Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
- UK government minister Priti Patel resigned following a political storm over her undisclosed meetings with Israeli officials.
- During the visit, Patel met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Yuval Rotem, a senior Israeli Foreign Ministry.
- The Opposition party called for the investigation into her conduct.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs November 9 2017
Mary Kom wins Asian Boxing Championships gold.
- Mary Kom won the gold medal in the Asian Boxing Championships in the Light Flyweight category, defeating DPR Korea’s Kim Hyang Mi in the final.
- Before today, Mary Kom last medal came in the 2014 Asian Games in Incheon.
- Where She became the first Indian woman boxer to win gold in the Women’s Flyweight (51 kg) category.
- This is Mary Kom sixth medal in the Asian Women’s Boxing Championships and fifth gold medal.
Mitchell Starc makes history with two hat-tricks in one game.
- Strike bowler Mitchell Starc became the first man to take two hat-tricks in the same first-class game in Australia.
- The left-arm pacer became only the eighth player in first-class cricket history and the first in 39 years to achieve the feat.
- Australian leg-spinner Jimmy Matthews remains the only player to take two hat-tricks in a Test match in 1912.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 8-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 8-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.