Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 25 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 25th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 25th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 25th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 25 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs Today 25th October – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs October 25 2017
Agartala-Delhi Rajdhani service likely to start this week.
- Northeast Frontier Railway says that the much-awaited Rajdhani Express service from Agartala was likely to be launched by the end of this week.
- A new train with 19 coaches, two power vans and two pantry cars arrived at Agartala railway station on October 14.
- Chief public relations officer of NFR Pranab Jyoti Sharma says there was no confirmation on the date of launch.
Supreme Court bans the use of furnace oil & pet coke in the industry in NCR from November 1.
- The Supreme Court gave an order to the government to ban the use of polluting fuel furnace oil and pet coke in industrial units from November 1.
- As the pollution level in Delhi reached the alarming level, the Environment Pollution Control and Prevention Authority(EPCA) had recommended banning polluting fuels like furnace oil and pet coke.
Election Commission announces the by-poll to Rajya Sabha will be on November 16.
- The by-poll to the Rajya Sabha seat vacated by M Venkaiah Naidu on becoming the vice president will be held on November 16.
- Naidu was a member of the upper house from Rajasthan.
- He had resigned as Rajya Sabha member on August 10 while his term was to end on July 4, 2022.
25th October 2017 Current Affairs – International Affairs
China to unveil new leadership line-up.
- China is set to unveil its new ruling council Wednesday after President Xi Jinping won the elections by engraving his name on the Communist Party’s constitution.
- Xi Jinping is certain to emerge with a second five-year term as the party’s general secretary.
- Premier Li Keqiang, 62, is also expected to retain his seat but the five other men on the current committee are supposed to step down under an unofficial retirement age and be replaced.
Myanmar, Bangladesh agree to cooperate on Rohingya refugee repatriation.
- Myanmar and Bangladesh agree to cooperate on the repatriation of Rohingya refugees and took steps to boost border security.
- Over 600,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled Myanmar since Aug 25.
- Tin Myint says the two countries agreed to restore normalcy in Rakhine to enable displaced Myanmar residents to return from Bangladesh at the earliest opportunity.
Business News – Today Current Affairs October 25 2017
Twitter to label election ads after US regulatory threat.
- The Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it would add labels to election-related advertisements and say who is behind each of them, after a threat of regulation by the United State.
- Twitter, acting a month after Facebook Inc launched a similar overhaul of political ads.
Apple acquires New Zealand-based PowerbyProxi and plans to create a wireless future.
- Recently Apple introduced wireless charging to its smartphone lineup has acquired a New Zealand-based firm PowerbyProxi for an undisclosed sum.
- Apple bought PowerbyProxi which specialises in wireless charging technologies based on the Qi wireless standard.
Current Affairs Today – Appointment Updates
NS Venkatesh takes the appointment as AMFI chief executive.
- NS Venkatesh has been appointed as chief executive of the Association of Mutual Funds in India.
- The post was lying vacant after CVR Rajendran stepped down from the position in December.
- Prior to joining AMFI, a nodal association of mutual funds across India, he was the executive director of Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
Agreements News – Current Affairs October 25 2017
SBI Signs agreement with Escorts Limited for Tractor Financing.
- The State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest public-sector lender, sign an agreement with Escorts Ltd.
- They signed an agreement to finance farmers for purchase of Escorts tractors.
- Escorts is a leading tractor and construction equipment manufacturer at Faridabad in Haryana.
NRDC signs pact for IP management.
- National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) has signed MoU with European Business Technology Centre (EBTC) and Lovely Professional University.
- EBTC is a not-for-profit organization facilitating Europe-India cross-border collaboration in technology transfer and IP management.
- In another MoU, NRDC and Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar, Punjab, have agreed to license and commercialise the patented technologies developed by the latter.
Latest Current Events – Science and Technology Updates
Google Earth discovers ancient stone ‘Gates’ in Saudi Arabia.
- Scientists have discovered about 400 previously undocumented stone structures known as ‘Gates’ in Saudi Arabia with the help of Google Earth imagery.
- David Kennedy, the researcher at the University of Western Australia has identified, recorded and mapped.
- The structures look like flat field gates from the top in the images obtained from Google Earth.
As per the study, Arctic Sea Ice may be declining faster than expected.
- A new study from the University of Calgary says Arctic sea ice may be thinning faster than predicted.
- It is because of the salty snow on the surface of the ice skews the accuracy of satellite measurements.
- That means the Arctic Ocean could be ice-free much sooner than some scientific predictions.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs October 25 2017
Kidambi Srikanth felicitated by the Indian embassy in Paris.
- Kidambi Srikanth was felicitated by the Indian embassy in Paris as the Denmark Open Super Series Premier winner reached the French capital for the French Open.
- Srikanth, on Sunday, became only the second Indian to win the men’s singles title in Denmark after Prakash Padukone won the tournament in 1980.
- The Badminton Association of India announced a cash reward of Rs 5 Lakh for Srikanth, in view of his Denmark Open victory.
Today Current Affairs Updates – Obituary News
Thumri queen Girija Devi passes away.
- Eminent classical singer Girija Devi passed away in Kolkata at the age of 88.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his condolences at Girija Devi’s passing away.
- Known as the “thumri queen”, Girija Devi popularised the genre of semi-classical Indian music.
- She was conferred with all three Padma awards and was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan in 2016.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 24-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 24-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.