Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 26 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 26th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 26th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 26th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Highlights of Today Current Affairs – 26th October Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
BJP to observe November 8 as anti-black money day.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley says the BJP will mark the first anniversary of demonetisation on November 8 as ‘anti-black money day’.
- Senior party leaders will fan out across the country to inform the public about the benefits of demonetization.
- Jaitley slammed the Congress for its opposition to demonetisation and said it did not take any step to curb the menace of black money when it was in power.
As per Times Now-VMR survey, Narendra Modi was best CM in Gujarat.
- BJP is heading for a record sixth win in Gujarat assembly polls, according to an opinion poll conducted by Times Now-VMR
- Modi is seen as the “best CM of Gujarat in last five years”, polling 67% of votes against 20% polled by Anandiben Pate.
- The opinion poll gives BJP 118-134 seats compared to 115 seats won by the party in the 2012 polls.
Important National News Updates – Today Current Affairs
Massive road projects for choked cities under Bharatmala.
- Announcing these details of the Bharatmala programme, highways minister Nitin Gadkari said works on most of the projects will start by 2018-end.
- These projects got the nod in yesterday assembly meeting.
- Twenty-eight ring roads around big cities, 45 bypasses, 34 projects of expanding lanes and flyovers will come in the next one-and-half years to end traffic choke points in urban areas.
- The cities that will benefit from these projects include Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Lucknow, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Pune, Nagpur and Amaravati.
Meghalaya Election Department enters into Limca Book of Records.
- The Meghalaya Election Department has entered Limca Book of Records for the formation of the biggest human logo comprising young voters in the state.
- The logo formation was part of Mission Unite (U and I towards Enrolment) as part of the Special drive to enrol young and left out voters in the age categories of 18 to 21 years.
- The event took place in July at the Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex.
- Manon said the event will feature in the forthcoming Limca Book of Records 2018 edition to be published on November.
26th October 2017 Current Affairs – International Affairs
Singapore Passport is World’s ‘Most Powerful’ Passport – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
- Singapore has the world’s “most powerful” passport, according to a global ranking topped for the first time by an Asian country.
- India is figuring at 75th position, three notches better than its previous ranking.
- According to the ‘Global Passport Power Rank 2017’ by global financial advisory firm Arton Capital, Germany is ranked second, followed by Sweden and South Korea in third place.
- Coming in at last place on the list is Afghanistan, ranked 94 followed by Pakistan and Iraq at 93.
Qatar to introduce Minimum Wage for workers.
- World Cup 2022 host Qatar to introduce a minimum wage for workers under global scrutiny over its alleged ill-treatment of migrant labourers.
- The announcements came on the eve of an International Labour Organisation (ILO) meeting.
- The ILO meeting starting on Thursday in Geneva is expected to run until November 9, with Qatar being discussed towards the end of the meeting.
Business Updates – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
HDFC Standard Life IPO to hit the market on November 7.
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of mortgage lender HDFC, says its initial public offer (IPO) will hit the market on November 7.
- We further wish to inform you that the IPO will be open for subscription by anchor investors on November 6 and to the public on November 7 and shall close on November 9.
- According to merchant banking sources, promoters are expected to get about Rs. 7,500 crores from the stake dilution.
RCom to end 2G, 3G voice mobile biz.
- Anil Ambani’s struggling telecom venture Reliance Communications(RCom) on Wednesday moved towards closure of 2G and 3G voice.
- The closure -which kicks in from November 30 -also comes at a time when the group is shutting down it’s DTH business once its licence expires next month.
- RCom has decided to adopt a 4G-focused strategy for profitable growth of its wireless business.
Current Affairs Today – Agreements News
Nicaragua signs Paris climate agreement – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
- Central American country Nicaragua signed the Paris climate change agreement and presented the relevant documents for the agreement at the United Nations.
- Nicaraguan Government did not sign the agreement arguing that the accord did not put sufficient onus on wealthy countries to tackle climate change.
- It is to be noted that Nicaragua has no oil and its government pursues green energy policies.
- More than 50% of its electricity is coming from geothermic, wind, solar, biomass and wave power.
Appointment Updates – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
Cheema takes the appointment as principal secretary of BoA in Darjeeling.
- The West Bengal government today appointed Kanwaljit Singh Cheema as the principal secretary of the nine-member board of administrators (BoA).
- The West Bengal government on September 20 announced the formation of BoA.
- It made an announcement of formation in place of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration for Darjeeling hills.
- They appointed rebel GJM leader Binay Tamang as its chairman.
Latest October 26th Current Affairs – Sports News
Brewster scores hat-trick as England beat Brazil 3-1 to enter final.
- Brewster scores hat-trick as England beat Brazil 3-1 to enter final.
- Rhian Brewster struck a sensational hat-trick, his second in as many matches, as England enters into world cup final.
- Brewster scored in the 10th, 39th and 77th minutes
- The triple strike took Brewster to seven goals, the highest in the tournament
- Brazil, who were seeking their fourth title finally lost in the Semi Final.
Leicester City names Puel as their new manager.
- The Premier League club Leicester city made an announcement they have named Frenchman Claude Puel as their manager.
- Former Southampton boss Puel replaces Craig Shakespeare who was sacked last week with Leicester.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs October 26 2017
India thrashes USA 22-0 in Sultan of Johor Cup 2017.
- The Indian junior men’s hockey team pummeled a hapless USA 22-0 in a one-sided contest to record their third successive win of the Sultan of Johor Cup 2017 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- For India, three players – Vishal Antil, Dilpreet Singh, Harmanjit Singh and Abhishek – scored a hat-trick each.
- Harmanjit top-scored for India with five goals.
- There were 10 different goalscorers from India.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 25-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 25-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.