Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 27 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 27th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 27th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 27th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 27 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 27th October 2017 Current Affairs
National Updates – Today Current Affairs October 27 2017
Haryana CM Khattar announces Rs 10 hikes in sugarcane state advisory price.
- The chief minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar announced a hike of Rs 10 per quintal in the state advisory price (SAP) of sugarcane.
- He says the move will benefit the farmers to the tune of Rs 86 crore.
- Following the resolution passed by the gram panchayats, Khattar said the state government had renamed Mustafabad village in Yamunanagar district as Saraswati Nagar, Ganda village in Fatehabad as Ajit Nagar and Kinnar village in Hisar as Gaibipur.
Karnataka unveils transgender policy -Today Current Affairs October 27 2017
- The Karnataka government unveils its policy on transgenders, proposing a slew of measures including a pitch for amending laws that they see as against their sexual freedom and reservation in educational institutions and jobs.
- The Congress government led by chief minister Siddaramaiah set a deadline of 36 months for implementation of the policy across the state.
- The policy proposes schemes such as self-employment grants, vocational training, free health insurance, and reservation in housing schemes.
India will supply 500MW more power to Bangladesh from July 2018.
- Indian High Commissioner to Dhaka, Harsh Vardhan Shringla has said that India will supply another 500MW power to Bangladesh through the Bheramara-Bherampur inter-connection by July 2018.
- He says that India fully supports Government of Bangladesh’s vision of Power for All by 2021.
- Harsh Vardhan says India will host the 2nd edition of the Global Renewable Energy Investors Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST 2017) at Greater Noida from December 7 to 9.
27th October 2017 Current Affairs – Important National News
Rajasthan passes OBC Reservation Bill, total quota goes beyond 50 percent.
- The controversial Reservation Bill is passed in the Rajasthan state assembly.
- It will increase the reservations for the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in the state from 21 percent to 26 percent.
- The total reservation quota in Rajasthan now stands at 54 percent.
- The castes which will benefit from the Act, include Gujjar, Banjara, Gadiya Lohar, Rebari and Gadariya.
Grandson of Himachal Pradesh first chief minister joins BJP.
- Ahead of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls, Chetan Parmar, grandson of the state’s first chief minister, Dr Y S Parmar has quit the Congress and joined the BJP.
- Mr Parmar, who was denied the Congress ticket from Nahan.
- He is the son of five-time Congress MLA Kush Parmar, who has retired from active politics.
Today Current Affairs October 27 2017 – International News
India, US to implement HOSTAC to strengthen maritime security.
- India and the United States have agreed to implement the programme for HOSTAC.
- The decision was taken by Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her US Counterpart Jim Mattis during their meeting in the Philippines.
- They decided to implement the program for Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC).
Twitter bans Russian government-owned news sites from buying ads.
- Twitter is banning two Russian government-affiliated news sites from advertising on its platform.
- The Twitter said its decision to block advertising from the sites stemmed from the conclusion of the US national intelligence report in January.
- Twitter says that Kremlin used the sites Russia Today (RT) and Sputnik, along with a far-flung network of “quasi-government trolls,” to interfere in the 2016 US presidential election.
- Twitter’s move may put some pressure on Google and Facebook to pull similar advertising from their sites.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Today
Vodafone gets court permission to be part of arbitrate the in tax case – Today Current Affairs October 27 2017
- The Delhi High Court today allowed Vodafone Group representatives to participate in the process of appointing a presiding arbitrator in its international arbitration process against India.
- Justice Manmohan had on August 22 restrained Vodafone from participating in the arbitration initiated under the India-United Kingdom Bilateral Investment Protection Agreement (BIPA) in connection with the tax demand.
- This was the company’s second arbitration against India on the same issue.
India ranks third in the number of family-owned businesses.
- India has 108 publicly-listed family-owned businesses, third highest in the world.
- Credit Suisse report says China tops the tally with 167 such companies followed by the US which has 121.
- As per the Credit Suisse Research Institute’s (CSRI) latest “CS Family 1000” report, with an average market capitalization of $6.5 billion, India ranks 5th in Asia Pacific excluding Japan, and 22nd globally, in terms of average market cap.
Today Current Affairs October 27 2017 – Science and Technology
The first evidence of 200-million-year-old ‘Mega-Carnivore’ dinosaur found.
- Scientists have discovered the first evidence of a huge carnivorous dinosaur, four times the size of a lion, that roamed southern Africa 200 million years ago.
- Researchers, including those from the University of Cape Town in South Africa, have found several three-toed footprints measuring 57 centimetres long and 50 centimetres wide.
- The footprints belong to a new species, named Kayentapus ambrokholohali, which is part of the group of dinosaurs called “megatheropod.
Sports Updates – October 27 2017 Current Affairs
The cricket ground in the USA named after Sunil Gavaskar.
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar inaugurated a cricket field in Louisville in the state of Kentucky in the USA.
- It is the first international sporting facility named after an Indian sportsperson.
- It will serve as the home ground for the Louisville Cricket Club.
Kidambi Srikanth climbs to the fourth position in BWF Rankings.
- After winning the Denmark Open Super Series Premier title, ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has climbed four places to be at the fourth spot in BWF ranking.
- 25-year-old Srikanth has been in sensational form this season.
- Srikanth is behind Viktor Axelsen, Son Wah Ho and Lin Dan in rankings.
- HS Prannoy also gained two places to achieve his career-best ranking at 12th position.
Today Current Affairs Updates – Sports News
FIFA chief says India is a football country now.
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino says India is a football country now.
- He declared after arriving here to chair the FIFA Council meeting and to attend the U-17 World Cup final.
- FIFA boss will hand over the glittering U-17 World Cup Trophy to the winners.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 26-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 26-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.