Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 28 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 28th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 28th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 28th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 28 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 28th October 2017 Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs October 28 2017
President Kovind calls Kerala ‘Global Face of India’.
- President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday termed Kerala the global face and digital powerhouse of the country, lauding its achievements in the sectors of health, education, sanitation and IT.
- He showered praises on Kerala on Friday night while speaking at a civic reception organised by the Kerala government
- He pointed out that ‘God’s Own Country’ has an uncommon and important identity as a global face of India.
Piyush Goyal launches railways first set of solar plants in Delhi.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday launched the railways’ first set of solar plants with a total capacity of the 5-megawatt peak (MWp).
- The ambitious project aimed at reducing the national transporter’s carbon footprint.
- The project is part of the government’s National Solar Mission.
- The mission is in which Indian Railways plans to commission 1,000 MWp solar plants across its network.
- The minister launched the plants at the inauguration of the ‘International Conference on Green Initiatives and Railway Electrification’ in New Delhi.
Today Current Affairs – National Events
World Road Meeting to take place from November 14-17
- The 18th World Road Meeting (WRM 2017) will take place for the first time in India at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida from November 14 to 17, 2017.
- The World Road Meeting titled CROSSROADS-WRM 2017 is being organised by the International Road Federation.
Supreme Court approves new norms for worship at historic Ujjain temple.
- The Supreme Court approved new norms for worshipping at the ancient Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga temple in Ujjain city of Madhya Pradesh.
- According to the newly approved norms, the devotees would permit a fixed amount of water measuring 500ml in an appropriate small pot per person for Jalabhishek.
- It is said that the water for Jalabhishek will be from the Reverse Osmosis (RO) machine installed during Simhastha (religious fair), 2016.
28th October 2017 Current Affairs – International Updates
Italian PM to reach India on October 30.
- Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni will make a day-long visit to India on October 30, the first such visit in over a decade.
- Romano Prodi was the last Italian Prime Minister to visit India in February 2007.
- Coming after a gap of more than a decade, the visit is aimed at strengthening bilateral, political and economic relations between the two countries.
Meet Sophia, the first robot to be granted citizenship by Saudi Arabia – Today Current Affairs October 28 2017
- Sophia is a humanoid robot developed by Hanson Robotics, who is programmed to be witty, was interviewed by business writer Andrew Ross Sorkin at a Future Investment Conference in Riyadh.
- And she is the first robot to be granted citizenship of Saudi Arabia.
- Sorkin made an announcement that Sophia will get the citizenship of the Middle Eastern kingdom, the first for any robot.
World’s first hydrogen tram begins operation in China.
- The world’s first hybrid electric tram powered by hydrogen fuel cells has started running in China.
- It is marking a big step in the application of green energy in public transport.
- Researched and manufactured by Chinese, it is the world’s first hybrid electric tram, with hydrogen being the main power source.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs October 28 2017
Maruti Suzuki says it will move to electric cars.
- Maruti Suzuki India, the country’s biggest carmaker, says it planned to build electric cars as the government strives to electrify all new vehicles by 2030.
- The Maruti Suzuki’s chairman said there was still no clear roadmap on how the government aimed to achieve its target and a lot would depend on that.
- Maruti’s parent, Suzuki Motor Corp, has electric car technology which it can provide the equipment says the inside sources.
Current Affairs Today – Appointments News
Uber appoints banking executive Laurel Powers-Freeling as first UK chairman – Today Current Affairs October 28 2017
- Uber appointed Laurel Powers-Freeling, who has held a series of banking roles, as its first UK chairman.
- Powers-Freeling, who has previously been chief executive of retailer Marks & Spencer’s banking arm M&S Money and a senior adviser at the Bank of England
Today Current Affairs October 28 2017 – Sports Events
Sangram wins silver in double trap in ISSF World Cup Final.
- Dahiya won India’s second medal of the day, a silver in the men’s double trap.
- Dahiya shot 76 out of 80 targets, three behind gold medallist Binyuan (79).
- This is Dahiya’s first-ever medal in senior level, having won a gold at the Asian Shooting for juniors back in 2009.
FIFA boosts World Cup prize money to $400m.
- The 32 national teams competing at the 2018 World Cup will share $400 million (344 million euros) in prize money.
- The purse at the previous edition in Brazil was $358 million — $35m of which was awarded to champions Germany.
- The 2018 Club World Cup will run from December 12 to 22, while the Women’s World Cup in 2019 is scheduled to start on June 7.
Sports News – Today Current Events
India will have to wait till 2018 to know if they get FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- India will have to wait till next year to find out whether FIFA gives them the U-20 World Cup in 2019.
- Addressing the media after a FIFA Council meeting here on Friday, Infantino says a decision will be said “at the beginning of next year.
- Infantino says after 2020, the format for youth tournaments could be change
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 27-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 27-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.