The Prime Minister will then travel to Bengaluru, where he will address the gathering at the Dashamah Soundarya Lahari Parayanotsava Mahasarmapane.Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 29 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 29th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 29th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 29th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 29 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 29th October 2017 Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs October 29 2017
Prime Minister Modi to visit Karnataka.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Karnataka on Sunday.
- His visit will begin by offering prayers at the Shri Manjunatha Swamy Temple at Dharmasthala.
- He will also address a public meeting and distribute RuPay cards to beneficiaries at the Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala Rural Development Project, at Ujire.
- The Prime Minister will then address the gathering at the Dashamah Soundarya Lahari Parayanotsava Mahasarmapane in Bengaluru.
- The ‘Soundarya Lahari’ is a set of ‘shlokas’ composed by Adi Shankaracharya. The event has been organized for the mass chanting of these ‘shlokas’ in unison.
- He will also inaugurate the new Bidar – Kalaburagi Railway Line and address a public meeting in Bidar.
Railways to invest $150 billion and create 1 million jobs within 5 years.
- Railway minister Piyush Goyal said, the Railways will invest over $150 billion over the next five years which creates around one million additional jobs.
- Goyal said his ministry was also compressing the time taken for complete electrification of rail lines to four years from 10 years, which helps it save around 30% for the loss-making Railways.
- The electrification will save the railways around Rs 10,000 crore per annum on fuel bill.
- Life Insurance Corporation approved a debt funding worth Rs 1.5 trillion to fund various projects.
BRO opens another Bridge close to China Border.
- To improve road connectivity to areas close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China in Ladakh region, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) opened a newly-constructed bridge in the cold desert region in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Project Himank of the BRO today dedicated the bridge to the people of the cold desert, it is the third such bridge in a month constructed by the BRO.
- Chief engineer of Project Himank, Brigadier D M Purvimath, inaugurated the 30-metre heavy bridge over the Linche river on Leh-Loma road.
- The Leh-Loma road connects to various link roads along the Line of Actual Control and is being developed as per National Highway Double Lane (NHDL) specification.
29th October 2017 Current Affairs – International Updates
A ship carrying a consignment of 185 truck chassis was flagged off from Chennai port to Mongla port in Bangladesh.
- For the first time, a ship carrying a consignment of 185 truck chassis was flagged off from Chennai port to Mongla port in Bangladesh under the bilateral coastal shipping agreement.
- The ship takes five days to reach Mongla by sea, while each of these trucks would have taken 20-25 days by road.
- Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari Launched the export of Ashok Leyland trucks by coastal waterway.
- Ashok Ley land exports about 6,000 trucks annually to Bangladesh and the number is set to increase in the coming days.
- The government is encouraging such transport by giving 40% concession on vessel related and cargo related charges.
- Around 20,000 cars are exported from Chennai port annually to Africa and Middle East.
Saudi Arabia to allow women into sports stadiums from 2018.
- Saudi Arabia will allow women into sports stadiums for the first time from next year.
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman made the announcement including the historic decision to allow women to drive from next June.
- three stadiums in Riyadh, Jeddah and Damman will be prepared to accommodate families from early 2018
- Last month hundreds of women were allowed to enter a sports stadium in Riyadh for the first time to mark Saudi Arabia’s national day.
- The kingdom is relaxing some rules as part of its “Vision 2030” plan for economic and social reforms, which aims to boost female employment.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs October 29 2017
Tata Steel, Essar Group and ArcelorMittal bids to acquire Essar Steel.
- Top global players such as Tata Steel, Essar Group and Arcelor Mittal have submitted bids to acquire the debt—laden Essar Steel which is going through the insolvency resolution process.
- Essar Steel India Ltd., is an integrated steel producer with an installed capacity of 10 million tonne per annum (MTPA).
- It is undergoing Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP) under the provisions of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- The expression of interest (EoI) for the company was invited by October 23.
Huntsman International (India) to manufacture chemicals locally.
- Huntsman International (India), the subsidiary of American multinational Huntsman Corporation, is planning to manufacture more types of chemicals in India locally for domestic and export markets.
- The company is looking to manufacture and export to the Middle East, Africa and the neighboring countries.
- Apart from India, it has significant presence in Bangladesh as its textile effect products are exported in large volumes.
- The company, reported a turnover of $475 million, including $349 million from India, last year.
- Currently the company operates three manufacturing facilities in western India and will expand in the future.
- Huntsman is one of the world’s largest petrochemical manufacturers which caters to a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets.
Today Current Affairs October 29 2017 – Sports Events
Lewis Hamilton won his fourth world title. – Today Current Affairs October 29 2017
- Lewis Hamilton won his fourth drivers’ world championship on Sunday, after a first lap collision with title rival Sebastian Vettel, he finished ninth in the Mexican Grand Prix.
- Vettel, already a four-time champion, came home fourth for Ferrari.
- Hamilton became the first Briton to be a four-time champion, elevating him clear of Jackie Stewart, and alongside Vettel and Frenchman Alain Prost.
- Only German, Michael Schumacher with seven titles and Juan-Manuel Fangio of Argentina on five have more championships than Hamilton.
Indian Women beat Singapore Women 10-0 in the Women’s Asia Cup – Today Current Events
- Indian eves got a dominating 10-0 victory over Singapore at the Women’s Asia Cup 2017.
- Navneet Kaur (3rd & 41st minutes), Rani (15th & 18th) and Navjot Kaur (30th & 50th) scored twice, while Lalremsiami (18th), Deep Grace Ekka (25th), Gurjit Kaur (41st) and Sonika (45th) scored once each.
- Earlier in the day, China beat Malaysia 5-4 in their pool encounter.
S. Nitin defeated Grandmaster Swapnil Dhopade in the Khadi India National chess championship.
- S. Nitin defeated Grandmaster and Railway-teammate Swapnil Dhopade in their second round encounter of the Khadi India National chess championship.
- As of now, Narayanan, Deepan Chakkravarthy and M.R. Lalith Babu lead with 1.5 points.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 28-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 28-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.