Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 30 2017 here. This page has important Current Updates. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 30th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 30th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 30th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 30th October 2017 Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
Indian Army to launch fresh hunt for weapons worth Rs 45,000 crore.
- The world’s second largest standing army has been pressing for fast-tracking the procurement of various weapons systems.
- It is considering the evolving security threats including along India’s borders with Pakistan and China.
- The army is set to launch a fresh hunt for assault rifles, light machine guns (LMGs) and carbines after a string of failed attempts to equip its soldiers with these basic weapons during the past decade.
- The force plans to buy 9,000 light machine guns in the first phase.
- The new weapons could be inducted in six to seven years.
Union Minister Alphons Kannanthanam is BJP’s Rajya Sabha candidate from Rajasthan.
- Union minister Alphons Kannanthanam will be the BJP candidate for the Rajya Sabha by-poll in Rajasthan which will take place on November 16.
- The Rajya Sabha seat was vacated by former Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu when he became the Vice President.
- Alphons Kannanthanam served as the district collector of Kottayam in 1988 and helped make it the first 100 percent literate town in India the following year.
- He joined the BJP in 2011 and is a member of the BJP National Executive.
India sends the first wheat shipment to Afghanistan via Chabahar port.
- India today sent its first consignment of wheat to Afghanistan through the Chabahar port in Iran.
- The shipment was flagged off from the Kandla port in Gujarat with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Afghan counterpart Salahuddin Rabbani joining the ceremony through video conferencing.
- The Ministry of External Affairs says the shipment of wheat is a landmark moment as it will pave the way for operationalisation of the Chabahar port.
- They say six more wheat shipments will be sent to Afghanistan in the next few months.
Today Current Affairs Updates – National Events
PM Modi unveils Bidar to Kalaburgi railway line.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday dedicated the 110-km railway track from Bidar to Kalaburgi in Karnataka.
- It will reduce the distance from Bengaluru to New Delhi and upcountry destinations by 380 km and save 6-8 hours of travelling time.
- The new track, laid over 16 years, was originally estimated to cost Rs. 370 crores.
- The Prime Minister also flagged off the first train on the new line from Bidar station to Kalaburgi.
- The diesel-electric multiple trains (DEMU) local service will cover the 110km between Bidar and Kalaburgi in two hours with brief halts at 12 stations en route.
International Updates – 30th October 2017 Current Affairs
India, Russia Tri-Service exercises conclude in Vladivostok.
- Indra-2017′, the first The Indo-Russian tri-service military exercise concluded in Russia’s Vladivostok, on Sunday.
- It concluded after 11 days of joint training in counter-terrorism operations.
- Personnel from the Indian as well as Russian contingents got medals of excellence for their outstanding performance during the exercise.
- Fighters and helicopters co-piloted by Indian and Russian pilots took part in the flypast along with an IAF IL-76 aircraft.
- In the joint tactical exercise which began on October 19, the two countries conducted training focused on combating terrorism.
Massud Barzani to step down as Kurdish leader in Iraq – Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
- Massud Barzani, the president of Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region, is stepping down from his post.
- He is stepping down admitting the fallout from a controversial independence referendum.
- Barzani says in a letter which is read out to parliament in the Kurdish capital Arbil that after November 1, I will no longer exercise my functions, and I reject any extension of my mandate.
Twitter bans Trump’s ex-adviser Roger Stone for abusing journalists.
- Twitter has suspended the account of US President Donald Trump’s former adviser Roger Stone after he sent a volley of tweets threatening several journalists at the CNN news channel.
- Stone attacked several CNN anchors as well as New York Times columnist Charles Blow.
- This is not the first time Stone’s account got ban from Twitter.
- Twitter suspends his account in March and again in April after he wrote threatening tweets to a spokeswoman of Media Matters.
Today Current Affairs October 30 2017 – Business News
LIC may take part in govt. bank recap programme.
- State-owned Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) may be roped in to participate in the Rs. 2.11 lakh crore recapitalisation initiative for public sector bank.
- As part of the programme, LIC will also increase its stake in various PSBs which will raise Rs. 58,000 crores from the capital market.
- LIC, in the past, has pumped in the capital in PSBs through preference share allotment and Qualified Institutional Placement.
Science and Technology News – Current Affairs Today
New artificial intelligence system can predict earthquakes – Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
- Researchers from University of Cambridge in the UK and Boston University in the US have claimed that they have developed an artificial intelligence system to successfully predict earthquakes in advance.
- They said that it may help to be prepared for natural disasters and potentially save lives.
- They studied the interactions among earthquakes, precursor quakes and faults to develop a method which can help predict earthquakes well in time.
- The researchers used machine learning techniques to analyse acoustic signals which comes from the fault and records the seismic signals and sounds that are emitted.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
David Miller hits the fastest T20I century.
- David Miller smashed the fastest century in Twenty20 international cricket.
- Miller’s 35-ball hundred kept South Africa to 224 for four before Bangladesh got out for 141.
- The previous fastest T20 international century was made off 45 balls by fellow South African Richard Levi against New Zealand in Hamilton in 2011/12.
- Miller was only the fourth South African to hit a century in 100 T20 Internationals.
Virat Kohli becomes the fastest batsman to score 9000 ODI runs.
- Virat Kohli became the sixth Indian and the fastest to complete 9000 ODI runs during the series-deciding third game against New Zealand on Sunday.
- Kohli has become the 19th batsman to breach the 9000-run mark.
- Dhoni had reached the milestone last year while other Indians who have done so are Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Azharuddin.
- He had surpassed Ponting in the list of most ODI hundreds with his 31st ton.
India beats Malaysia to win bronze at Sultan of Johor Cup.
- Indian junior men’s hockey team thrashed hosts Malaysia 4-0 to claim the bronze medal at the seventh Sultan of Johor Cup.
- Goals from Vishal Antil, Vivek Prasad and Shilanand Lakra made India to win the bronze at the Taman Daya Hockey Stadium.
Higuain scores his 100th Serie A goal.
- Gonzalo Higuain scored twice, including his 100th Serie A goal, to give Juventus a 2-0 win at AC Milan.
- It was the Argentine’s 100th Serie A goal in 153 games for Juventus and Napoli.
- He also scored 107 goals in La Liga for Real Madrid.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the only other player in the last 20 years to have scored 100 goals or more in two of Europe’s big five leagues
October 30th 2017 Current Affairs – More Sports Updates
Titles for Rohan Bopanna and Myneni-Prashanth pair.
- In a memorable day for Indian tennis, Rohan Bopanna won the Erste Bank Open title in Vienna with Pablo Cuevas.
- The team of Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth clinched the Vietnam Open trophy at the Ho Chi Minh City.
- It was the third title of the season for Bopanna, having won Chennai Open with Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and Monte Carlo Masters with Cuevas.
- It was the first title of the season for Myneni and maiden Challenger level trophy for Prashanth.
Kidambi Srikanth wins French Open Super Series – Today Current Affairs October 30 2017
- Kidambi Srikanth defeated Japan’s Kenta Nishimoto in straight games to win the French Open Superseries
- This was the Indian’s fourth Superseries crown this year.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 29-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 29-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.