Read the latest Today Current Affairs October 31 2017 here. This page has important Current Updates. Current Affairs Today will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 31st October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 31st October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 31st October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Today Current Affairs October 31 2017
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Today Current Affairs – 31st October 2017 Current Affairs
National Updates – Today Current Affairs Updates
India, China hold border meet in Arunachal Pradesh.
- India and China held a Border Personnel Meeting at Bumla near Arunachal Pradesh.
- The meet that comes months after a stand-off along the Sikkim sector which ended on August 28.
- Located at an altitude of 15,134 feet and situated 42 km north of Tawang town, Bumla is one of the five designated BPM venues, between Indian and Chinese troops.
- The Indian delegation was led by Brig MP Singh, and the Chinese by Senior Col Liu Jiang Xun.
PM Modi Flags off ‘run for Unity’ on Sardar Patel’s 142nd birth anniversary.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Run for Unity’ to commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in New Delhi.
- The 1.5 km run in Delhi came to an end near the India Gate C-Hexagon-Shah Jahan Road radial.
- The prime minister said everyone in the country is proud of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s contribution to India.
- The central government observes October 31 by celebrating it as a ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel.
More National Updates – Latest Current Affairs
Indian Army team to bring back remains of world war I soldiers – Today Current Affairs October 31 2017
- A team of the Garhwal Rifles will travel to France in November to identify and bring back the remains of its two soldiers killed during the First World War.
- The decision came after the French government recently found the remains of four soldiers, including two unnamed Indian soldiers.
- They found it at a construction site near Laventie, about 70km from Dunkirk, in France.
- Notably, during the time of World War I the now Garhwal Rifles regiment was known as ’39 Garhwal Regiment.
Railway forms will now carry ‘T’ option for transgenders.
- Transgenders will now have the option of identifying themselves as the third gender.
- The railway board has modified rail reservation forms to provide the option ‘T’, besides’ (male) and ‘F’ (female).
- In a letter to all zonal railways, the board has said that ticket booking and cancellation forms will be modified from the current option of ‘Transgender (male/female)’ to just ‘T’.
Today Current Affairs October 31 2017 – International News
London mayor Sadiq Khan tops Asian Power List again.
- Now in its seventh year, the 101-member power list compiled by the Asian Media Group was announced at an event in central London
- London mayor Sadiq Khan topped the 2017 Asian Power List that celebrates the achievements of influential Asians in Britain.
- Communities secretary Sajid Javid and international development secretary Priti Patel ranked second and third.
- Film and television actor Riz Ahmed was in the fourth position, with Nobel laureate and Royal Society president Venkatraman Ramakrishnan at number five.
China plans 1000-km tunnel to take Brahmaputra water to Xinjiang.
- The Chinese scientists have suggested to the government that the Brahmaputra be drained in southern Tibet, close to the Indian border, and the water diverted to Xinjiang
- They are working on a plan to drain the Yarlung Tsangpo (Brahmaputra) river near the Indian border and divert the water through a 1,000-km tunnel, the world’s longest, to arid Xinjiang.
- The Tsangpo flows into India through Arunachal Pradesh as the Siang before becoming the Brahmaputra in Assam.
Business Affairs – 31st October 2017 Current Affairs
IDFC, Shriram call off merger on differences over valuation.
- Shriram Group and IDFC Ltd on Monday called off their planned merger following differences over valuation.
- IDFC management said that it will continue to look at buying or merging with other non-banking financial companies at the level of IDFC Bank.
- Ashutosh Mishra, the banking analyst at Reliance Securities says the decision to call off the deal is good for the shareholders of both the entities as it would have value destructive.
Bharti Infratel plans to create on India’s largest mobile tower company – Today Current Affairs October 31 2017
- The Bharti Infratel said it will explore acquiring the additional stake in Indus Towers, a move likely to create India’s largest mobile tower company.
- Bharti Infratel and Vodafone India hold 42 percent stake in Indus Towers and rest is held by Idea Cellular.
- Indus had 1,23,073 mobile towers and Bharti Infratel owned 39,264 towers on the standalone basis at the end of September.
- Both the companies jointly command 40.8 percent market share in terms of installed mobile tower base in the country.
Current Affairs Today – Agreement News
India signs $200 mn deal with World Bank for rural transformation in Assam.
- The finance ministry and the World Bank announced the signing of a loan agreement worth $200 million for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
- The project will support Assam Govt. to facilitate agri-business investments, increase agricultural productivity and market access among others.
- The World Bank will release its Doing Business report on October 31.
Science and Technology Updates – Latest Current Events
ISRO to launch 30 satellites in one go in December – Today Current Affairs October 31 2017
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said it will launch 30 satellites in a single mission on board its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) in December.
- The mission will be the first PSLV mission after the unsuccessful launch of navigation satellite IRNSS-1H in August.
- PSLV-C40 will be used for the launch from the spaceport in Sriharikota, about 100 kilometres from Chennai.
- The mission will be a combination of 25 nanosatellites, three micro-satellites and one Cartosat satellite, along with “maybe” one university satellite.
Today Current Affairs October 31 2017- Sports Updates
At National Boxing Championship Manoj strikes gold and Shiva settles for silver.
- Manoj Kumar claimed his second successive National Championships’ gold but Shiva Thapa settled for a silver.
- Manoj (69kg) got the better of Duryodhan for his second successive gold at the event.
- Shiva lost on a split verdict to Manish, settling for the silver in the lightweight (60kg) category.
- Mandeep Jangra won his maiden national title in the middleweight (75kg) category.
Mithali Raj rises to top spot in ICC batswomen ranking – Today Current Affairs October 31 2017
- India captain Mithali Raj moved up one place to occupy the number one spot in the latest ICC ODI rankings for batswomen.
- Mithali has 753 points, while Perry and Satterthwaite are on 725 and 720 points respectively.
- Among women bowlers, Jhulan Goswami remained on the second spot with 652 rating points.
- Australia has regained the top spot in the women’s team rankings.
Obituary News – Current Affairs October 31st 2017
Former BCCI GM MV Sridhar passes away.
- Former Hyderabad captain MV Sridhar, who recently resigned as BCCI’s general manager of cricket operations, passed away in Hyderabad.
- Sridhar played 97 first-class matches for Hyderabad, where he scored 6,701 runs, with 21 tons and 27fifties.
- Sridhar has the distinction of the third-highest individual score in the history of the Ranji, hitting 366 vs AP.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 30-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 30-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.