India’s languages, religions, dance, music, architecture, food, and customs differ from place to place within the country. The culture of India refers collectively to the thousands of distinct and unique cultures of all religions and communities present in India. Indians and the heritage of India is completely immersed in cultural diversities. India with its vibrant states has cultural diversities in terms of traditions, rituals, beliefs, values, attitude, behavior, food, clothes and lifestyle. Our portal is one of the best educational and job portals. We are having immense pleasure in providing you the latest and the best articles related to the static general knowledge questions and answers. Here is the best collection of the Indian Culture Questions for the aspirants who are preparing for the competitive Exams.
Culture of India – Indian Culture and Heritage
Each state of India differs from the other providing you so much to learn about. India is known for treasuring rich cultural heritage that no other country. Today, we are here to provide the huge collection of General knowledge questions and answers based on Indian Culture and Heritage. We all know that Basic general knowledge plays a key and a prominent role in any type of competitive exam. One must have to be confident and smart enough to have the complete grip on the field of general knowledge. And Now, We are going to cover the General knowledge questions and answers of Indian Culture. Be ready to download the Indian culture General Knowledge questions and answers pdf version given below.
Cultural Heritage of India – Indian Culture Questions
|Andhra Pradesh||Kuchipudi||Kodi Kura|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Lion and Peacock dance|| |
|Bihar||Jata Jatin|| |
Khubi ka Lai
|Faguna or Fag|
Red Ant Chutney
|Gujarat||Dandya Ras|| |
|Garba Lasya Nritya|
Kadhi Pakoda (Snack)
|Himachal Pradesh||Luddi Dance|| |
|Jammu and Kashmir||Rouf|| |
Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Azha
Marua (Raagi Flour) Roti
|Madhya Pradesh||Macha|| |
Bhutte (corn) Kheer
|Gaur maria dance|
|Mizoram||Chiraw (Bamboo Dance)|| |
|Manipur||Thang ta|| |
|Meghalaya||Tungtap (Fish Chutney) &Jadoh (Flavored Rice)|
|Bengali||Nongkrem Dance Festival|
Indian Culture Questions – Indian Cultural Heritage
|Odisha||Odissi||Chena Poda (Cheese Cake from Odisha)|
|Punjab||Bhangra||Makki ki Roti, Sarson ka Saag|
|Sikkim||Singhi chham|| |
|Tamil Nadu||Bharatnatyam|| |
|Telangana||Perini Thandavam|| |
|Uttar Pradesh||Nautanki|| |
|West Bengal||Jatra|| |
General knowledge questions related to Importance of Indian Culture and Heritage
Before dealing with the Indian culture questions, one must know about the type of questions asked in Indian Culture related to general knowledge session. The GK Questions on Indian culture involves:
- What is India Country?
- The traditions of India.
- The lifestyle of people of India.
- Various cultures and Tradition followed in India
So these are the basic categories related to the gk questions on the Indian Culture in your competitive exam. We have collected nearly around 1000+ GK questions on Indian culture and heritage.
Indian Culture Facts – Indian Culture Questions
- The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is 2:3
- The words Satyameva Jayate inscribed below the base plate of the emblem of India are
taken from Mundaka Upanishad.
- Sangeet Akademi is responsible for fostering the development of dance, drama, and music in India.
- The book of Parsis is called Zend Avesta.
- The National Anthem was first sung in the year 1911.
- Thillana is a format of Bharatanatyam
- Kathak is a classical dance of North India
- The headquarters of Sahitya Akademi is at New Delhi
Indian Culture free practice questions – Indian Culture and Tradition
- The dance encouraged and performance from the temple of Tanjore was Bharatanatyam
- The last Maha Kumbh of the 20th century was held at Haridwar
- Bankim Chandra Chatterji composed the National Song of India.
- Mohammad Iqbal composed the famous song Sare Jahan Se Achha.
- In Onam festival, the boat races a special feature.
- Lucknow is famous for Chikankari work, which is a traditional art of embroidery.
- Madhubani painting is famous in Bihar state.
- Aripana, an art form of Rangoli is practiced in Bihar.
Indian Culture Quiz – Indian Culture and Art Quiz
- Lohri is celebrated in the month of January.
- 101 classical Kathakali stories are in traditional Kathakali dance
- Kathakali dance is a combination of 5 elements of fine art.
- Indian classical dance forms are based on the instructions of Natya Shastra book.
- 12 Asanas are in Suryaa namaskar process.