Assam Animal Husbandary Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern details are updated on this page. So aspirants who have registered for the Assam Animal Husbandry Recruitment can check the Syllabus along with the exam pattern details from this page. Candidates who are interested in scoring more marks in the Assam Animal Husbandary Exam 2020 can look at the given exam related details and then plan for the exam preparation. While analyzing the topics to be covered for the written exam, you could plan better for the exam preparation.
Assam Animal Husbandry Exam Syllabus 2020
Aspirants who have applied for the Veterinary Field Assistant can start your preparation work for the Assam Animal Husbandry Exam 2020 with the help of this page. Interested people should reach down to know more information like Assam Animal Husbandry Exam Syllabus Subject Wise and Exam Pattern. Aspirants can utilize this page as useful material to achieve the desired job that is Assam Animal Husbandry Veterinary Field Assistant Job. Go through the page well and prepare well to score the best marks in the written exam.
Assam Veterinary Field Assistant Exam 2020
|Name of the Organization||Animal Husbandry Assam|
|Post Name||Veterinary Field Assistant|
|Exam Date||Updated Soon|
Assam Veterinary Field Assistant Exam Pattern
|Category||Subject Name||No.of. Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Part – A||General Studies and Mental Ability||50||50||50 Minutes|
|Part – B||Subject related to Animal Husbandry||100||100||100 Minutes|
Assam Animal Husbandry Recruitment Exam Syllabus
Part – A General Studies and Mental Ability
- General Mental ability and reasoning.
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
- General English.
- Current affairs of regional, national, and international importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary development in science and Technology and Information Technology.
- History & Culture of India with a specific focus on AP.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments, public policy, reforms ad center-state relations with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Society, Social justice, rights issues.
- Physical geography of the Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Key welfare & development schemes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Part – B Syllabus Topics
Basics in Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology:
- Major bones and joints of Animals
- Important organs & functions of Digestive
- Nervous and endocrine system.
Infectious Diseases of Livestock Poultry:
- Characteristics of different infectious agents
- Bacteria, Virus, parasite (external & Internal)
- Transmission of diseases of Livestock poultry Bacterial Diseases
- Anthrax, HS, BQ, Mastitis, TB, JD, Brucellosis
- Pullorum Disease, fowl Cholera.Viral: PPR, FMD, POX, Rabies, RD, IB, ILT,
- Gambaro.Parasitic: Ascariasis, strongylosis, amphistomiasis, mange, ticks, lice.
- Fungal: Ring Worm, Vaccines for infectious diseases General hygiene prevention &control measures of infectious diseases of livestock &poultry
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Veterinary Pharmacy
- Drugs, forms, weighing, measuring (units) routes of administration of drugs, oral parenteral ( SC, IM, IV)
- Forms of drugs – Powders, mixtures, lotion, ointment, paste, tablet, electuary, enema, tinctures, bolus, emulsion, Standards of drug manufacturing I.P, B.P., B.Vet.C.,
Fundamentals of Animal reproduction and Gynaecology
- Genital organs of different livestock species
- Sexual maturity
- Estrus cycle
- Gestation, pregnancy diagnosis
- Parturition, infertility, and sterility and their treatment
- Common reproductive disorders
- Dystocia & Retention of placenta
Basics in artificial insemination
- Advantages of AI
- Preparation of AV
- Semen collection
- Management of Frozen „semen
- Handling f liquid nitrogen container
- Detection of heat in different livestock
- Insemination techniques
- Precautions for successful AI, follow up of AI
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Basics in Surgery
- General surgical conditions –abscesses, wounds, fractures.
- Antiseptics & disinfectants.
- Pre-operative &Post operative surgical care.
- Surgical pack preparation.
- Sterilization techniques.
- Castration & different bandaging techniques.
Fundamentals of Veterinary Medicine
- Definition of Health, disease, symptoms.
- Physical & clinical examination of animals.
- Collection of History.
- General Diagnosis, treatment, and control of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, respiratory system, skin
- Uro-genital tract, nervous system, metabolic and deficiency diseases
Introduction of Veterinary Biologicals and Vaccines
- Veterinary Biologicals and their importance in Veterinary practice.
- Handling & storage of various Biologicals.
- Vaccination schedule for livestock and poultry.
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Veterinary First Aid and clinical Management
- Restraining of various Livestock species.
- Registration of cases.
- History taking, Recording of Body temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Methods of medication, (Oral and Parental)
- First-aid measures in emergency cases.
- Collection & dispatch of clinical samples.
Assam Animal Husbandry Exam Syllabus – Analytical Laboratory Techniques
- Common equipment for laboratory analysis, guidelines for handling chemicals & equipment, disposal of laboratory wastes.
- Sampling and sample preparation for chemical analysis.
- Sterilization techniques of laboratory chemicals and glassware.
- Media preparation, serodiagnosis –antigen, antibody.
Laboratory Diagnostic Techniques –II
- Collection, preservation & dispatch of various materials for parasitological examination
- Skin scrapings, etc.
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Dairy Management:
- Importance of Milk
- Advantages of Dairy farming important breeds of cattle & Buffaloes.
- Important exotic dairy cattle.
- Importance of cross-breeding.
- Advantages of crossbred cows and upgrading of buffaloes.
- Ideal dairy animals.
- Dairy Farm practices.
- Feeding and Management of different classes of dairy animals.
- Milking methods.
- Clean Milk production.
- Importance of Colostrum.
- Housing of dairy animals.
- Identification of Dairy animals.
- Package of practices in calf rearing.
- Heifer rearing.
- Management of high yielding cows and buffaloes.
- Composition and Chemical properties of milk.
- Farm records and their maintenance.
- Biogas production.
- Economics of Dairy Farming.
- Role of Milk co-operatives.
- Milk Chilling, Pasteurisation in milk –Important products.
- Marketing of dairy cattle, milk & milk products, important dairy products.
Principles of management of Meat animals
- Importance of meat-producing animals –sheep, goat, swine, and rabbits.
- Popular breeds of sheep, goat & swine and their characters.
- Mating practices, feeding, and general management & guidelines.
- Care and management of pregnant & lactating animals.
- Rearing of lambs, kids, and piglets.
- Housing of sheep, goat, & swine.
- Debugging, docking, castration, vaccination, deworming, detickingin meat animals
- Livestock insurance.
- Marketing of Live meat animals
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Livestock Farm Management
- Livestock farming vs mixed farming
- Record keeping
- Farm inventory marketing of Livestock
- Livestock products
- Distribution channels
- Organization of co-operative societies.
Principles of Livestock feeding
- Importance of feeding –classification of feeds and fodders –the importance of cultivated fodder & legumes, roughages &concentrates –chaffing of fodder-preparation of concentrate mixture
- Formulation of rations-fodder conservation (Hay & Silage making)–common crop residues in animal feeding.
- Important fodder trees.
- Animal feeding & drought and natural calamities –storage feeds
- Thumb rules for Livestock feeding
- Urea treated paddy straw.
Basics of Pet & Zoo animals management
- Common pet animals and their utility, common breeds of dogs, handling & restraining of pet animals
- Feeding & Management of dogs, important zoo animals -care, management & health cover of zoo animals Vaccination schedule, deworming –administration of medicines in different routes in dogs and cat.
Avian Hatchery Management:
- Layout of Hatchery-incubators-setters –Hatchery incubation –management.
- Hatching eggs – Collection, selection, and storage –fumigation –a requirement of incubation –temperature, humidity, ventilation, turning candling of eggs –sexing, vaccination, grading of chicks, dubbing, and toyclipping.
Assam Animal Husbandry Syllabus – Poultry Management
- Advantages of Poultry farming
- Present status of the poultry industry
- Different breeds
- System of poultry rearing
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Poultry farm equipment
- Breeding management
- Feeding and management of different classes of poultry
- Feed supplements
- Mixing of poultry feeds
- Measure of sanitation
- Disinfection and disease control
- Reconstitution of vaccine and their preservation
- Routes of vaccination
- Designing of the vaccination program
- Litter management
- Handling of eggs.
- Farm records –record keeping.
- Feeding management of other avian species.
- Economics of poultry farming ( Layers& Broilers)
- Marketing of poultry eggs and chicken meat
Basics in Meat production &Handling
- Importance of meat yielding animals
- Selection of ideal meat animals
- Optimum for slaughter
- Common instruments used to handle meat animals
- Dressing percentage
- Transportation of meat animals
- Care during transport
- Pre-slaughter handling
- Methods of slaughter
- Major cuts and their yields
- Components of abattoir
- Optimum facilities principles of meat preservation
- Ageing of differing species of Livestock.
Download Animal Husbandry Assam Veterinary Field Assistant Syllabus – Click Here