- 1 Assam Police SI Syllabus
- 2 About Assam Police
- 3 Assam Police Sub-Inspector Exam Pattern
- 4 Assam Police Asst. Jailor Syllabus
- 5 Details about Assam Police SI Exam
Assam Police SI Syllabus
Assam Police SI Syllabus 2015 is available for the Candidates. Police Department of Assam has published an advertisement to fill 373 vacancies of Sub Inspector and Assistant Jailor posts. Candidates who are searching for Police Jobs can apply for these posts released under Assam Police SI Recruitment 2015. Applicants who are searching for Government jobs in Assam can start applying for these posts. Candidates who are applying for these posts may be confused about the details of the Assam Police SI Syllabus. Our website recruitment.guru is providing detailed Assam Police Assistant Jailor Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Candidates applying for the posts can view the Assam Police SI Syllabus & Exam Pattern here. Aspirants can download the Assam Police SI & Assistant Jailor Syllabus pdf from the link provided below.
For more information regarding Assam Police Important dates, Assam Police SI Previous Papers, Assam Police SI & Asst. Jailor Hall tickets & Assam Police SI & Asst. Jailor Results, bookmark our site.
About Assam Police
Assam Police Department is the Law Enforcement agency for the state of Assam. Assam Police comes under the direct control of Department of Home Affairs, Government of Assam. The department maintains its own Reserve Armed police force, Special Armed Police and Armed Police, which is responsible for emergencies and crowd control issues. Assam Police is a mammoth organization with a sanctioned strength of approximately 65,000 (sixty-five thousand). It is led by the Director General of Police and the Inspector General of Police with its Headquarters located at Ulubari, Guwahati. For more details visit the official website www.assampolice.gov.in
Assam Police Sub-Inspector Exam Pattern
Assam Police SI Syllabus is given below. Assam Police sub-Inspector Exam Pattern is given here for the guidance of the candidates.
The Final Merit List will be prepared with the following criteria:-
|1||Written Exam||50%||100 Marks|
|2||Extracurricular Activities||10%||20 Marks|
|3||Computer Proficiency||10%||20 Marks|
|4||Physical Efficiency Test (PET)||20%||40 Marks|
|5||Interview / Personality Test||10%||20 Marks|
- The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based.
- There will be 100 questions, and each question will be of 1 (one) mark.
- There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer.
- The questions will be set in three parts
(i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension.
(ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and
(iii) General Knowledge.
- Candidates will use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet.
- Duration of the test will be of 3 (three) hours.
Physical Standard Test:
After the documents are found correct, the candidates will have to appear in the PST (Physical Standard Test). It will carry no marks. Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only males) of the candidates after which the candidate will be inspected by a medical officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, color blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities, etc. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. Once a candidate clears the PST he / she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
Physical Efficiency Test:
The Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks. it will have 2 (two) events viz.
- 3.2 Km race for male candidates /1.6 Km race for female candidates.
- Long Jump – for male 335 cm (minimum) / for female 244 cm (minimum), 3 chances (longest will be considered).
For Male Candidates:
- Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 3.2 Km race to be completed within 15 minutes (900 seconds). Maximum qualifying time 15 min (900 seconds)
- Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
- 3.2 Km race to be completed within 15 minutes (900 seconds).
For Female Candidates:
- Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 meters. Race to be completed within 8 minutes (480 seconds). Maximum qualifying time – 08 min (480 sec).
- Long Jump: Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
- 1600 meters race to be completed within 8 minutes (480 seconds).
Proficiency in Computers:
Extra Curricular Activities:– 20 Marks
20 (twenty) will be the maximum marks that a candidate can score in this category.
It consists of
- National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- Home Guards.
- Extra Academic Achievements.
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Extra Academic Achievements
Assam Police Asst. Jailor Syllabus
Assam Police SI Syllabus is given here for the guidance of the candidates.
- Logical Reasoning, Aptitude & Comprehension.
- Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam & India.
- General Knowledge.
Assam Police SI Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving.
- Syllogistic Reasoning.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Number Series.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Alphabet Series.
- Mirror Images.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Number Ranking.
- Blood Relations.
- Embedded Figures etc.
Assam Police SI Syllabus for Aptitude
- Time & Work.
- Profit & Loss.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Time & Speed.
- HCF & LCM.
- Problem On Ages.
- Bar Graph.
- Pictorial Graph.
- Pie Chart.
- Data Interpretation.
- Number Systems.
- Fundamental Arithmetical operations.
- Statistical Charts.
Assam Police SI Syllabus for General Knowledge
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Awards and Honors.
- Books and Authors.
- Important Days.
- Current Events.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- International & National Organizations.
- Countries & Capitals etc.
Details about Assam Police SI Exam
Name of the Organization: Assam Police.
Name of the Post: Sub-Inspector of Police & Assistant Jailor.
No of posts: 373.
Mode of Application: Online.
Job Location: Guwahati, Assam.
Last date for submission of the application form: 15/12/2015.
Official Website: www.assampolice.gov.in