CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 2017 is available here. Interested Students can acquire the Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE and Test Pattern here for free. Furthermore, you can get the recent CBSE Class 9 Syllabus and Exam Pattern on this page which is mentioned @ www.cbse.nic.in. Read on here to know more about the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Pdf 2017 and Test pattern in the Pdf format.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 2017 – CBSE Exam Details
|Name of the Education Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Syllabus Available Subjects||English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Maths, Science, Social Science, etc|
Are you studying CBSE Class 9? Do you like to know the CBSE Syllabus Class 9 in prior? Fed up of searching the syllabus for Class 9 CBSE on the internet? Don’t worry. This is the one-stop page for all your queries regarding CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 2017-18 and Exam Pattern. Here, you can get CBSE Class 9 Syllabus for the academic year 2017-18 in the Pdf format. Moreover, you can also download the syllabus and exam pattern of all subjects including Science, Mathematics, Social Science, Hindi, English, and other subjects. If you read this page, you can get to know the new course structure and CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 in a detailed manner. In addition to this, we have covered the course structure of the academic year 2017-18, unit-wise weightage, subject-wise syllabus, and much more.
Students who are studying CBSE 9th Class should know the subject wise syllabus and the exam pattern for the academic year 2017-18. Knowing the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 in prior will improve the quality of education. Hence, the students are advised to go through the latest syllabus for Class 9 before start preparing a subject. This is because it will help the students make their exam preparation easier than ever. Furthermore, the students can manage their time and score maximum marks in the annual exam. Read below to know the entire CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 of all subjects.
- Written Exam
- Practical Test
Latest CBSE Exam Pattern for Class 9| CBSE Annual Test Pattern 2017-18
Students who are studying the Class 9 should be aware of the Exam pattern of every subject. This is why it helps to know which section to cover while preparing for the exam. To help the students, we are providing the subject wise exam pattern along with the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9. Moreover, you can also download the Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE and Test Pattern Pdf through the available links on this page. Let’s read the Exam pattern for all subjects.
CBSE Maths Exam Pattern 2017-18
|6||VI||Statistics and Probability||10|
Internal Assessment Marks Structure – Maths
CBSE English Communicative Exam Pattern 2017-18
|2||B||Writing Skills with Grammar||30|
|3||C||Literature textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
CBSE Science Exam Pattern for Class 9
|1||I||Matter – Its Nature and Behaviour||23|
|2||II||Organisation in the living world||20|
|3||III||Motion, Force, and Work||27|
|5||V||Food: Food Production||04|
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Exam Pattern
|1||I||India and the Contemporary world – I||20|
|2||II||Contemporary India – I||20|
|3||III||Democratic Politics – I||20|
For Hindi course A and B Exam Pattern, please refer the CBSE Syllabus for class 9 2017 Pdf links available below.
Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 9
Not only it’s important to be aware of the CBSE Exam Pattern but also it’s quite necessary to check the syllabus for class 9 before the annual exam. So, here we listed out the topics included in each subject. Refer the CBSE Syllabus at least once before the exam as this will help you to score good marks.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Maths
Unit I – Number Systems
- Real Numbers
Review of representation of natural numbers, integers, rational numbers, and operations on real numbers.
Examples of non-recurring decimals. The existence of non-rational numbers and their representation.
Definition of nth root of a real number and so on.
Unit II – Algebra
- Polynomials – Definition of a polynomial in one variable with examples. Coefficients of a polynomial, terms, and zero polynomial.
Degree of a Polynomial
Constant, Linear, quadratic, and cubic polynomials
- Linear equations in Two variables (Recall of linear equations in one variable), etc.,
Unit III – Coordinate Geometry
- The Cartesian plane, Coordinates of a point, Names and terms associated with the coordinate plane
- Plotting points in the plane
- Unit IV – Geometry
- Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
- Lines and Angles
Unit V – Mensuration
- Surface Areas and Volume
Unit VI – Statistics and probability
CBSE English Syllabus for Class 9
Section A – Reading
- A factual Passage 300-350 words with eight very short answer type questions
- A discursive passage of 350-400 words with four short answer type questions
Section B – Writing and Grammar
- Writing a diary/article in about 100-120 words using visual or verbal cue/s.
- Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 200-250 words.
- Gap Filling
- Editing or omission
- Sentences reordering or sentence transformation in context
Section C: Literature Textbook and Extended Reading text
- One out of two extracts from prose/poetry/play for reference to the context and so on
- Four short answer type questions from the literature reader to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas.
- One out of two long answer type questions to assess how the values inherent in the text have been brought out.
- One out of two very long answer questions on the theme, a plot involving interpretation, inference and character sketch in about 150-200 words based on the prescribed extended reading text.
CBSE Science Syllabus for Class 9
Unit – 1 Matter – Nature and Behaviour
- Definition of Matter
- Nature of matter
- Particle Nature, Basic Units
- Mole Concept
- Structure of Atoms
Unit II – Organization in the living world
- Cell – Basic Unit of Life
- Tissues, Organs, Organ System, Organism
- Biological Diversity
- Health and Diseases
Unit III – Motion, Force, and Work
- Force and Newton’s laws
- Work, Energy, and Power
Unit IV – Our Environment
- Physical Resources
- Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature
Unit V – Food Production
- Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management
- Use of fertilizers and Manures
- Protection from Pests and diseases
- Organic Farming
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Science
Unit – I India and the Contemporary World – I
Sub-unit 1.1: Events and Processes
- The French revolution
- Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
Sub-Unit 1.2: Livelihoods, Economies, and Societies
- Forest Society and Colonialism
- Case Studies
- Pastoralists in the Modern World
- Peasants and Farmers
- Case Studies
Unit 2 – Contemporary India – I
- Physical Features of India
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
Unit 3 – Democratic Politics – I
- What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- Constitutional Design
- Electoral Politics
- Working with Institutions
- Democratic Rights
Unit 4 – Economics
- The story of Village Palampur
- People as Resource
- Poverty as a challenge
- Food Security in India
- Project Work
Direct links for downloading the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9
Here are the direct links for downloading the Syllabus for Class 9 to your mobile or desktop. Download it to your devices and use it later for further reference.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 – Click Here