Latest CEED 2018 Syllabus | CEED Entrance Exam
We believe that lots of applicants are applied for the CEED Exam 2018. And, those candidates are now waiting for the CEED Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018 to decide how to prepare for the exam. So, we have gathered the in-depth syllabus of the Common Entrance Examination for Design examination and test pattern. In the latest CEED Exam Syllabus, you can find the topics for every section that comes for the written examination. Check the CEED Syllabus 2018 Pdf and read all those topics to attend the exam in a good manner and score well. And, if you read the whole article, you will also get the exam pattern as well. Consider both the CEED 2018-19 Syllabus and Exam Pattern before preparing for the written exam. Read the entire topics and prepare well for the upcoming exam.
The selection criteria for the Common Entrance Examination for Design is as follows,
- Part – A – Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Part – B – Paper Based Test.
- English Language Test.
- Personal Interview.
CEED Syllabus 2018 Details – www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
|Name of the Board||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Name of the Examination||CEED Test|
|Application Release Date||9th October 2017|
|Last Date to Submit Application||10th November 2017|
|CEED 2018 Exam Date||20th January 2018|
|Declaration of Result||5th March 2018|
CEED Entrance Exam Pattern 2018 Details | CEED 2018
|S. No.||Question Type||No of Questions|
|1.||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||10|
|2.||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10|
|3.||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||30|
|Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Question Type||Drawing Based Questions|
|Mandatory Question 1- Memory Drawing||Perspective Drawing of mentioned products with 2 human figures|
|Mandatory Question 2- Sketching of Ideas||5 ideas for a mind-reading device|
|Mandatory Question 3- Story writing||Creative story writing using 3 words given|
|Optional Designing||Product Design, Visual Communication, Interaction design and Animation|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
Download CEED Syllabus pdf for Part A
Environmental And Social Awareness
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed art fact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses, History of art, sculpture, and literature.
- Implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc.
Visualization And Spatial Ability
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test.
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Analytical And Logical Reasoning
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- The ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question, Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
Design Thinking And Problem Solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols, Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Language And Creativity
- Knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc.
- Ability to understand and use Standard English, Reading comprehension.
- Vocabulary skills, Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Observation And Design Sensitivity
- Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting, Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
Check the CEED Previous Papers
Check the CEED Syllabus for Part B
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
Creativity: Ability to think out-of-the-box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions
Analytical and Problem-Solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories etc.
CEED Syllabus and Exam Pattern for 2016 Exam are updated here. is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D. programmes in Design at some Institutes. Applicants who are interested in Fashion designing are preparing seriously for CEED 2016 Exam. So, for them, Recruitment.guru is providing CEED Syllabus, CEED 2016 Previous Papers, and CEED 2016 Exam Pattern. So, the candidates who are seeking for the CEED 2016 Syllabus can download directly from Recruitment.guru.
IIT Bombay is going to conduct a CEED 2016 Exam on December 6th, 2015. Below we enclosed the complete details regarding CEED 2016. So, Candidates who are seeking for the CEED Syllabus can download directly from here.
Latest CEED 2016 Syllabus
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D. programmes in Design at some Institutes. CEED is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). The objective of CEED is to assess the candidates’ aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity and communication skills. Qualifying in CEED alone does not guarantee admission to any of the above programmes. Admitting Institutes may conduct further tests and/or interviews for the final selection/admission in addition to the weightage given to the CEED score. Admitting Institutes will also verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other documents along with the CEED score. There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
IIT CEED 2016 is the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the CEED Admissions Committee. The performance of a candidate in the examination ‘Common Entrance Examination for Design 2016 (CEED 2016)’.
Indian Institute of Technology IIT Bombay under the guidance of the CEED Admissions Committee invites Online Registration for CEED Exam 2016. CEED 2016 will be held in the following 14 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune.
CEED 2016 will be conducted on Sunday, 6th December 2015. Candidates who are seeking for the Master of Designing Syllabus for CEED Entrance exam can download Common Entrance Examination for Design Syllabus pdf that is enclosed below. So, download CEED Syllabus and Prepare well for the Exam.
Important Dates for CEED 2016
|Availability of Admit cards for downloading||7th November – 5th November|
|Date of Examination||6th December 2015|
|Announcement of Results||Jan 15, 2016|
|Availability of score cards for downloading||22nd January 2016|
We will update each and everything regarding CEED 2016 Application. So, bookmark Recruitment.guru for mare info regarding CEED 2016 like CEED Previous Papers, CEED Online Application, CEED Online Applying Procedure, CEED Material etc………..!!!!!!!!!
CEED 2016 Exam Pattern
- The language of the question paper in English. December 2015, 10:00 -13:00 Hours.
- The examination will consist of two parts, Part A and Part B. Candidates have to attempt questions from both the parts.
- Part A contains objective type questions (MCQ, MSQ, and NAT) and Part B consists of design and hand drawing type questions.
- Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 Hrs followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 Hrs.
Here we are providing a brief description of CEED Syllabus & CEED Previous Papers. So, Candidates who are preparing for the CEED 2016 Exam can download CEED Syllabus & CEED Exam Pattern. This might be very helpful to the Applicants for Fast Preparation.
- Answers to Part A have to be given as one of the choices in the computer itself.
- Answers to Part B have to be given in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
- These answer books will be collected for manual correction at the end of the examination.
- Part A will be used as a screening test.
- If N is the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes, then approximately the top 10xN candidates will be shortlisted from Part A.
- Part B will be evaluated only for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A.
- ONLY the scores from Part B will be used for preparing the list of qualified candidates (merit list) in CEED 2016.
- After the declaration of the results on 15th January 2016, CEED 2016 scorecards will be available for downloading to all the qualified candidates from January 22, 2016 onwards.
- The hard copy of the CEED scorecards will not be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified candidates.
Download Common Entrance Examination for Design Syllabus pdf
Download CEED Syllabus for All Subjects. The exam will have questions on the following six topics:
- Color theory
- Communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Design concept
- Drawing abilities and skills
- How to develop characters
- Light and shadow
- Logical reasoning
- Logo designing
- Problem identification and design problem solving
- Product designing
- Scale and proportion.