CLAT Syllabus 2020 is given below for free download. Check the CLAT Syllabus available on our website for download. Find the details like Educational Qualification, Selection process, etc. at the official website @ www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Here is good news related to the CLAT Exam Syllabus and exam pattern for all the aspirants. We have gathered some latest updates of the CLAT Exam recruitment and Exam Pattern for the candidates who have applied for the posts and are searching for the CLAT Previous Papers. The Selection of candidates will be made based on their performance in the Written exam conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities Officials. People can also get the CLAT’s Previous Papers direct link on this page. You can also find the CLAT Admit card on our website.
Common-Law Admission Test Syllabus 2020
Candidates who are going to attend this CLAT exam are advised to check and download the Official recruitment notification at the official website to verify the details like educational qualification, Age limit, and Selection Process, etc. The official Common Law Admission Test direct link will be updated on this page for the guidance of candidates. Click on the link we have provided and download the Official recruitment Notification. The officials of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU’s) will conduct the exam to provide admission in BA LLB, BSc LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSW LLB, and LLM Courses.
CLAT Exam Syllabus Details
|Name of the Organization||Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU’S)|
|Name of the Examination||Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Common-Law Admission Test Date||August 2020|
What’s New in CLAT 2020?
- The number of questions to come down to 120-150 from 200.
- The reason cited for a reduction in the number is “asking students to answer 200 questions in 120 minutes is not right as it puts students under a lot of mental stress” as per Prof. Faizan Mustafa, Vice-Chancellor, NALSAR.
- Comprehension-based questions to be asked from Quantitative Techniques, English, Current Affairs, Deductive Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning.
- The changes in exam pattern are also made with a view to attracting students with better competence in reading texts and who have demonstrated skills in inferential reasoning.
Common-Law Admission Test CLAT Exam Pattern
The exam Pattern may help the candidate at the time of preparation. So all the candidates who are ready to join for BTech courses. They can also check the CLAT Notification for more details. The application details have been given. The CLAT exam will be conducted in 2 parts. The CLAT UG Exam and CLAT PG Exam. The subjects that the candidates have to prepare for CLAT UG Exam are English including comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude, Logical reasoning. There will be 200 questions for 200 marks each. The CLAT UG Exam will be conducted for 2 Hours. The subjects in the CLAT PG Exam are Constitutional Law, Other Law Subjects including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, and Jurisprudence. This exam will be for 100 marks. All the questions will be of objective type (Multiple Choice Question). 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The CLAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern have been provided on this page. Meanwhile, the applied candidates need to follow the Test Pattern and Syllabus we update on this page.
Common-Law Admission Test Pattern 2020 | UG, PG
CLAT UG Exam Pattern
|Name of the Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|English including comprehension||40||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
CLAT UG Exam Pattern
|Name of the Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|Other Law Subjects including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence||60||60|
Download CLAT Syllabus 2020
The CLAT Syllabus is the major part of the test preparation. Candidates can guess the Topics covered in the written exam with the help of Syllabus. You can also download the CLAT Syllabus PDF from the link below.
CLAT 2020 Syllabus:
- English Including Comprehension: The English section will test the candidate’s proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidates ‘ on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
- Mathematics: This section will test the candidate’s knowledge of elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/ Standard.
- Legal Aptitude: This section will test the candidate’s interest in the study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning: The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.