GMAT Syllabus 2017 Pdf is available here for free download. Candidates who are seeking for GMAT 2017 Syllabus can get it here. Hope, this will be a great place for the students who are preparing Graduate Management Admission Test Exam 2017 to download the GMAT Exam Syllabus 2017 and Test Pattern. With the help of Graduate Management Admission Test Syllabus, individuals can easily prepare for the exam. Hence, download it to your personal computer to use it later.
GMAT Syllabus 2017
|Name of the Board||Graduate Management Admission Council|
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Selection Procedure||Written Test|
GMAT Exam Pattern 2017 | GMAT 2017 Online Test Pattern
The GMAT exam consists of 4 separately timed sections:
- Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) Essay
- Integrated Reasoning Section
- Quantitative Section
- Verbal Section
|S.No||Test Section||No. of Questions||Question Types||Timing|
|1||Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of Argument||30 Minutes|
|2||Integrated Reasoning||12||Multi-source reasoning|
|Total||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
The above-mentioned GMAT Exam Pattern will help you to know the exact pattern and how/where the questions will be. There are nearly 4 sections you need to cover before the exam. The number of questions from each section might vary. And, the time duration for first two sections are 30 minutes and the remaining two is 75 minutes. Lastly, the total exam duration for this GMAT exam is 3 hours 30 minutes and the candidates can get two breaks during the exam.
Download GMAT Exam Syllabus 2017 Pdf
Here our main motto is to provide complete details regarding GMAT 2017 Exam. Candidates who are preparing for GMAT Exam can download GMAT Syllabus pdf directly from here. We are also providing Exam Pattern and Exam Material, such that Aspirants can easily prepare for the Exam by using this stuff.
GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment Syllabus
As per the GMAT 2017 syllabus, the Analytical Writing Assessment measures an individual’s ability to think critically. During this test, the aspirants have to analyse the reason behind a given argument and write a critique. The following section explains what does the candidate should do,
- Examine and analyse the given argument
- Consider various viewpoints
- Support your answer with appropriate examples and explanation
- Figure out the reasoning behind an argument and write a critique of the same
- Work out a methodical approach to present your answer
- Ensure that you’ve used the right grammar usage while presenting your answer
The scores for this Analytical Writing Assessment section are on a six-point scale. Your essay is given two independent ratings and then an average is considered. One of these scores is done by an automated essay-scoring engine. If the difference between both the ratings is more than one point, a third rating would be provided by an expert reader which would then be the final score.
GMAT Quantitative Syllabus
The Graduate Management Admission Test Quantitative section measures the ability to reason quantitatively, solve quantitative problems, and interpret graphic data. Two types of multiple-choice questions are used in the Quantitative section:
- Problem solving
- Data sufficiency
- Maths Formulas List
- Linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Sets Theory
- Statistics: Average, Median, Mode, Range, Standard deviation
- Powers and roots
- Pipes, cisterns, work, time
- Lines and angles
- Number properties
- Order of operations
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and loss
- Simple and compound interest
- Speed, distance and time
- Permutation & combination
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Volume and surface area
Problem-solving and data sufficiency questions are intermingled throughout the Quantitative section. Both types of questions require basic knowledge of:
- Elementary algebra
- Commonly known concepts of geometry.
GMAT Integrated Reasoning Syllabus
- The Integrated Reasoning section measures your ability to understand and evaluate multiple sources and types of information – graphic, numeric, and verbal.
- You have to use both quantitative and verbal reasoning to solve complex and multiple problems that are related to one another.
- Four types of questions are used in the Integrated Reasoning section:
- Multi-Source Reasoning
- Table Analysis
- Graphics Interpretation
- Two-Part Analysis
You have access to an online calculator with basic functions for the Integrated Reasoning section, but the calculator is not available on the Quantitative section.
This section of GMAT 2017 requires the aspirants to interpret a graph and pick correct answer option from a drop-down list.
In this section, the individuals have to select one answer from each column to solve a problem with a two-part solution. And, the possible answers will be presented on a table with a column for each part.
In this question, examinees have to sort the table to organise the data to determine whether certain conditions are met. Each question will have statements with opposing answers (e.g. yes/no, true/false, inferable/not inferable); aspirants have to select one answer for each statement.
Graduate Management Admission Test Analytical Writing Assessment Syllabus
- The Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) consists of one 30-minute writing task of Analysis of an Argument.
- The AWA measures your ability to think critically, communicate your ideas, and formulate an appropriate and constructive critique.
- You have to type your essay on a computer keyboard.
GMAT Verbal Syllabus
- The Verbal section measures the ability to read and comprehend written material, to reason and evaluate arguments, and to correct written material to conform to standard written English.
- Because the Verbal section includes reading sections from several different content areas, you may be generally familiar with some of the material; however, neither the reading passages nor the questions assume detailed knowledge of the topics discussed.
- Three types of multiple-choice questions are used in the Verbal section:
- Reading comprehension
- Critical reasoning
- Sentence correction.
- Basic Sentence structure: Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives
- Verb Tense
- Idioms & Idiomatic Expressions
- Pronoun Agreement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
And, the question types will be based on the following,
- Reading Comprehension: The individuals will be given a passage and you need to answer questions related to it.
- Critical Reasoning: A short passage would be given to you. You need to find the premise, conclusion, assumption, and much more.
- Sentence Correction (SC): A part of the sentence would be underlined and five options would be provided. The candidates need to spot the error and mark the right option.
Download GMAT Syllabus Pdf
Here, we have given the direct links for downloading the GMAT Syllabus for downloading the GMAT Syllabus 2017 Pdf. Download it from here for further use and score maximum marks to be eligible for higher studies.
Graduate Management Admission Test syllabus – Click Here
About GMAT 2017
GMAT is nothing but Graduate Management Admission Test, Which is an objective test conduct throughout the world at various centers. The Exam is very important to the candidates who need an Admission in MBA. More than 5,200 programmes offered by more than 1,900 institutions all over the world use the Graduate Management Admission Test as part of the selection criteria for their programmes.