- 1 GPAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016
- 2 About AICTE
- 3 About GPAT
- 4 GPAT Exam Pattern 2016
- 5 GPAT Syllabus 2016
- 6 Details about GPAT Syllabus 2016
GPAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016
GPAT Syllabus 2016 Details:
GPAT Syllabus is available here. Aspirants who are attending the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test for the year 2016 will be confused about the GPAT AICTE Syllabus and GPAT AICTE Exam Pattern. We are here to clear the confusion regarding the GPAT Syllabus & GPAT Exam Pattern. Applicants who are applying for the GPAT Exam will be searching for the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Syllabus. Our website recruitment.guru is providing detailed Syllabus and Exam Pattern about the GPAT Exam 2016. We are providing the direct link for students to download the GPAT Exam Syllabus 2016. Applicants need AICTE GPAT syllabus & exam pattern for the better preparation of exam. GPAT Syllabus PDF is also available for candidate’s convenience. If you are looking for GPAT Syllabus 2016, you can download it in PDF format on this page. Students have to prepare thoroughly for the GPAT Exam to score good rank.
Aspirants can check thoroughly the GPAT Previous Papers and prepare well for Exam. For further updates regarding GPAT Notification 2015, GPAT Exam Important dates, GPAT Sample papers, GPAT Admit cards, GPAT Exam Date, GPAT Results, GPAT Score Cards, etc. bookmark our site.
AICTE stands for All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). At first AICTE was established as an advisory body in the year 1945. Then in the year 1987 it is given a statutory status by an Act of Parliament. The headquarters of AICTE is located in New Delhi. Every year AICTE conducts GPAT as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. AICTE is responsible for Technical and Management Education system in India. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is assisted by 10 Statutory Bodies of Studies namely UG Studies, PG and Research in Engineering and Technology, Information Technology, Town & Country Planning, Architecture, Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Management Studies, Vocational Education, Technical Education, Pharmaceutical Education etc.
GPAT Stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. GPAT is an online test that is conducted in a single session. Until now GPAT is conducted twice a year. But from 2016-2017, the AICTE has decided to conduct GPAT only once in a year. GPAT registration starts from 3rd November 2015. The GPAT Exam is scheduled on 17th January 2016. A trial test for GPAT exam will be conducted on 12th December 2015. All the Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges that are approved by AICTE will accept GPAT scores. All the other information regarding GPAT is available at its official website i.e.www.aicte-gpat.in
GPAT Exam Pattern 2016
The features of Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) are:
- The exam is of Objective type i.e. it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours (i.e. 180 minutes).
- In total, there will be 125 questions holding 500 marks.
- Each question carries four marks.
- For an incorrect answer, one mark will be reduced.
The Exam pattern for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is given below:
|S.No||Test Type||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Written test||125||500||180 minutes (i.e.3 hrs)|
GPAT Syllabus 2016
The GPAT Syllabus 2016 is composed into four major sections namely:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
GPAT Exam Pharmaceutics Syllabus
- Physical Pharmacy.
- Microbiology In Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics.
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy.
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing.
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation.
GPAT Exam Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Medicinal Chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
GPAT Exam Pharmacology Syllabus
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases.
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology.
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy.
GPAT Exam Pharmacognosy Syllabus
- Sources of Drugs.
- Volatile Oils.
- Glycoside Containing Drugs.
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs.
- Studies of Traditional Drugs.
GPAT Syllabus for General Techniques
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies.
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis.
- The role of plant-based drugs on the National economy.
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy.
- Marine pharmacognosy.
Details about GPAT Syllabus 2016
Name of the Organization: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Name of the Exam: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
Location: All over India
Date of Exam: 17th January 2016
Official Website: www.aicte-gpat.in
Direct Link for GPAT 2016 Syllabus