- 1 HPAS Mains Syllabus 2015
- 2 HPPSC
- 3 HPAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015
- 4 HPAS Combined Competitive Exam Mains Syllabus
- 5 Details about HPAS CC Mains Exam
HPAS Mains Syllabus 2015
HPAS Mains Syllabus is available for the aspirants, who are preparing for the exam. Aspirants who are going to attend for the HPAS Combined Competitive Mains Exam are searching for the HPAS CC Mains Syllabus. We are providing the HPAS Mains Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Aspirants can see the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service Competitive Examination Syllabus and prepare well for the exam. Candidates can make use of the direct link provided below for more information. Aspirants can also download HPAS Mains Syllabus 2015 pdf which is enclosed at the bottom of the page.
Applicants who are looking for Government jobs can visit our website. For further updates regarding HPAS CC Exam Important dates, HPAS Mains Syllabus, HPAS Mains Previous Papers, HPAS Mains Admit Cards, HPAS Mains Results, etc. bookmark our site recruitment.guru and stay connected !!!
For more Exam Syllabus for Various Government Jobs visit – Government Exam Syllabus
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission was formed on 8th April 1971 under the Act of 315. The commission every year organizes various examinations to appoint employees for various posts in the organization. The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Examination (HPAS). The recruitment to this exam is followed by viva-voce. For more details visit the official website of HPPSC hp.gov.in/hppsc/
HPAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015
HPAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015 is given here. The Examination shall include compulsory subjects and one of the optional subjects. The standards and contents of the papers, in general, shall be similar to those of degree level i.e. B.A or B.Sc. etc and the standards and content of compulsory papers of English and Hindi shall be 10+2.
Duration of all the Papers will be three hours.
|2||Paper-II||Hindi in Devnagri Script||100 Marks|
|4||Paper-IV||General Studies Paper-I||150 Marks|
|5||Paper-V||General Studies Paper-II||150 Marks|
|6||Paper-VI||General Studies Paper-III||150 Marks|
Optional Subject (One):
Viva-Voce consists of 150 Marks. The Grand total of 1+2+3 is 1200 Marks.
HPAS Combined Competitive Exam Mains Syllabus
HPAS Mains Syllabus is given here. Detailed Himachal Pradesh Administrative Main Competitive Examination syllabus is given for the guidance of the candidates.
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-I
HPAS CC Exam Mains English Syllabus for Paper-I is given here.
Objectives: This paper is designed to test candidates in the following:-
- Comprehension of English Language.
- Correct grammatical expression.
- Clarity and precision in expression.
Areas of Testing: Candidates will be tested in the following areas:
- English Grammar.
- Usage and vocabulary.
- English Composition
Letter / Application / Report / Note writing.
- Comprehension of unseen passages.
- Precis Writing.
Evaluation / Marking: Credit will be given for the following:
- Writing of précis, comprehension, composition and usage according requirements of format
- Coherence and sequence in expression.
- Correctness of grammatical structures.
- Originality of thought and expression.
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-II
HPAS CC Exam Mains Hindi in Devnagari Script Syllabus for Paper-II is given here.
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Translation of Hindi passage into English.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
- Composition (Idioms, corrections etc.).
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-III
HPAS CC Exam Mains Syllabus for Essay Paper-III is given here.
Objective: This paper is designed to test candidate’s
(i) knowledge / awareness of a variety of subjects and
(ii) their ability to compose a sustained piece of writing in the form of an essay.
Contents: A fair choice of topics covering
(i) current affairs.
(ii) socio-political issues.
(iii) aspects of culture and history and
(iv) reflective topics will be given to test the candidates’ understanding of these issues and their flair for expressing themselves in the English or in the Hindi language.
Areas of Testing: This paper would test the following:
- Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing.
- Ability to express coherently and sequentially.
- Awareness of the subject chosen.
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-IV
HPAS CC Exam Mains Syllabus for General Studies Paper-I is given here. Detailed syllabus is provided below for download. This paper contains 4 sections.
Section-1: This section contains 20 Multiple choice questions comprising of 20 marks. The questions will be asked from History, Geography, Knowledge of current events of National & International importance, & socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- History of the world.
- Indian Culture.
- Modern Indian history.
- Socio-religious reform movements.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- Indian freedom struggle (1857-1947).
- Physical Geography.
- Important Geophysical phenomena .etc
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- The role of women, Population & related issues, Urbanization & their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-V
HPAS CC Exam Mains Syllabus for General Studies Paper-II is given here. Detailed syllabus is provided below for download. This paper contains 5 sections.
Section-1: This section contains 20 Multiple choice questions comprising of 20 marks. The questions will be asked from Political, Art & Culture and Economy of Himachal Pradesh.
Section-2: Governance, Indian Constitution & Polity
- Indian Constitution.
- Functions & responsibilities of Union & the States.
- Separation of powers between various organs.
- Parliament and State Legislatures.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of Executive and the Judiciary.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts.
- District Administration.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi – judicial bodies.
- Important aspects of governance.
- The Role of Civil Service in democracy.
Section-3: International Relations
- India and its neighborhood relations.
- Important International institutions, agencies, and fora
Section-4: Indian Economy
- Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, etc.
- Issues related to direct and indirect subsidies, etc.
- Land reforms in India.
- Infrastructure – Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Human Resource Development.
- Importance of Human Capital in economic development.
Section-5: Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams
This part will test the candidates ability to draw conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to interpret the same.
HPAS Mains Syllabus for Paper-VI
HPAS CC Exam Mains Syllabus for General Studies Paper-III is given here. Detailed syllabus is provided below for download. This paper contains 3 sections. This paper contains Essay type questions comprising of 50 marks. The questions will be asked from the Political, Art & Culture, Economy, History, Geography and socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
Section-1: Science & Technology
- Developments & Applications of science & technology
- Achievements of Indians in science.
- Modern trends in Life science.
- Human diseases & Microbial infections.
Section-2: Biodiversity & Environment
Section-3: Ethics Integrity & Aptitude including Problem solving & Decision making
Details about HPAS CC Mains Exam
Name of the Organization: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Name of the Exam: HPAS CC Mains Exam.
Location: Himachal Pradesh.
Official Website: hp.gov.in/hppsc/
Download HPAS Mains Syllabus PDF
For more details visit the official website !!!