HSEE Syllabus 2016
HSEE Syllabus 2016 is available for download on this page. HSEE Department, IIT Madras was Released HSEE Entrance Test Notification 2016 to provide Admission into the IIT Madras. Candidates will be searching for HSEE Syllabus 2016 & HSEE 2016 Exam Pattern. Our site recruitment.guru is providing Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern for the guidance of candidates. The direct link for HSEE Syllabus 2016 is given below. Candidates can download the HSEE Syllabus 2016 Pdf from the bottom of this page.
Aspirants can bookmark our website for more updates regarding HSEE 2016 Notification, HSEE Syllabus 2016 & Exam Pattern, HSEE Previous Papers, HSEE 2016Admit Cards, IIT-M HSEE Results, etc.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is an institute of national importance established by an Act of Parliament in 1959. It is an autonomous college public engineering and research institution located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is prestigious university provides various Engineering and Arts courses for the students who wish to complete their graduation and post graduation courses. IIT-M has released HSEE 2016 notification for providing admissions in Humanities and Social Sciences Department. Candidates can verify the other details of HSEE 2016 like HSEE Admission Details, Exam Dates, etc. on our site recruitment.guru. Online Application for the HSEE Entrance Exam 2016 is available on the official site hsee.iitm.ac.in
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam Pattern 2016
HSEE Syllabus 2016 is available for download below. HSEE Exam Pattern is given here for the guidance of the candidates.
- HSEE 2016 examination is of three hours duration and has two parts.
- Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration (150 Minutes), administered through computer.
- Part II involves essay writing for 30 Minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of Part I.
- Question Paper will be in English.
Part I covers the following topics:
- English and Comprehension Skill.
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability.
- General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economics (since Independence), Indian Society, Contemporary World Affairs (post-World War II).
- Environment and Ecology.
Part II requires the candidate to write an essay on a general topic involving description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
IIT-M HSEE Syllabus 2016
IIT-M HSEE Syllabus 2016 for the respective subjects is given below. Detailed syllabus is provided in the Pdf given below.
IIT-M HSEE Syllabus for English
This section tests the candidate’s ability to understand and use standard English, and to appreciate the literary language. Questions are related to the following areas:
- Reading Skills.
IIT-M HSEE Syllabus for Analytical and Quantitative Ability
This section tests the candidate’s analytical skills and quantitative abilities. Questions are related to the following areas:
- Highest Common Factor (HCF).
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Basic Statistics – Average.
- Ratio and proportion.
- Profit and Loss.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Work and time.
- Age sums.
- Linear equations.
- Elementary trigonometry.
- Data Interpretation.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Brainteasers, & Patterns.
IIT-M HSEE Syllabus for General Studies
It consists of four parts.
- Indian Economy.
- Indian Society and Culture.
- World Affairs.
- Environment and Ecology.
HSEE Indian Economy Syllabus:
- Understanding the Economy.
- Main Features of Indian Economy.
- Major Economic problems.
- Economic Growth and Development.
- Sectoral Development.
- Foreign Trade and International Economy.
- Money, Banking and Public Finance.
HSEE Indian Society and Culture Syllabus:
- The structure of Indian Society.
- Social Change in India.
- History and the Making of Indian Society.
- Indian Philosophy and Thinkers.
HSEE World Affairs Syllabus:
- Emergence of the US and USSR.
- Democracy and Development.
- Hunger and Poverty.
HSEE Environment and Ecology Syllabus:
- Global Environmental Picture.
- Structure of Ecosystems.
- Principles of Solar Energy.
Details about IIT-Madras HSEE Exam 2016
Name of the Conducting Organization: IIT Madras.
Name of the Exam: HSEE 2016.
Application Mode: Online.
Official site: hsee.iitm.ac.in
Direct link to download HSEE Exam Syllabus