- 1 Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus 2015
- 2 About Kolkata Police
- 3 Kolkata Constable Exam Pattern
- 4 Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus
- 5 Info about Kolkata Constable Exam 2015
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus 2015
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for the posts of Constable and Lady Constable is available here. Candidates who are attending for the West Bengal Police Constable Exam need to know the Police Constable Syllabus for the Exam. Aspirants who are looking for the Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for the posts of Constable & Lady Constable have reached the right place. We are providing the detailed Police Constable Syllabus for the ease of the aspirants. Candidates can have a look at the Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus & Exam Pattern and prepare well for their exam. Our site recruitment.guru is providing the direct link for syllabus at the bottom of the page. Aspirants can also download Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus pdf enclosed below.
For further updates regarding Kolkata Police Recruitment Notification, Kolkata Police Previous Papers, Kolkata Police Constable Admit Cards, Kolkata Police Results, etc. bookmark our site and stay connected with us!!!
For more Exam Syllabus for Various Government Jobs visit – Government Exam Syllabus
About Kolkata Police
The Kolkata Police Force is one of the six police forces of the Indian state of West Bengal. It was formed in the year 1856. The primary functions of the forces are maintaining law and order in the city, traffic management, prevention and detection of crime and coordinating various citizen-centric services for the people of Kolkata. Kolkata Police Recruitment Board has recently released a recruitment notification to fill 1167 vacancies of Constable & Lady Constable. Interested & eligible candidates who are seeking Police Jobs in Kolkata can apply in Online/Offline mode on or before 19 December 2015. For more details visit the Official website www.kolkatapolice.gov.in.
Kolkata Constable Exam Pattern
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus is given below. Exam Pattern for the Police Constable Exam is given below. Aspirants can follow the given pattern and prepare well for the exam.
The selection procedure for Kolkata Police Constable/Lady Constable will be based on the following aspects:
- Physical Measurement Test(PMT): – The candidates submitting valid applications will be called for Physical Measurement. Photograph and Finger Print will be taken through webcam/biometric device when the candidates appear for Physical Measurement. After that Physical Measurement will be taken through Digital Measurement Device. Chest Measurement will be taken for only those candidates, who will qualify in the Height and Weight Measurement (for the post of Constable only).
- Physical Efficiency Test(PET): – The candidates, who will qualify in Physical Measurement, will be considered for Physical Efficiency Test. The timing of individual runner may be taken with the help of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID).
NOTE: The Qualifying Standards for the post of Constable & Lady Constable are given below.
(a) For the post of Constable:- 1600 metres Run to be completed within 06 minutes and 30 seconds.
(b) For the post of Lady Constable:- 400 metres Run to be completed within 02 minutes.
- Written Test:- (Full marks 90) The candidates, who will qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test, will be considered for ‘Written Test’. The Written Test will have objective type questions on Current Affairs, General Knowledge, General English, Elementary Mathematics and Analytical Aptitude in multiple choice answer system.
-> The Written Test will have objective type questions.
-> The Exam is of 90 Marks.
-> Duration of the exam is 1 hour.
-> 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
-> The answer sheet may be evaluated in Optical Mark Recognition (OMR System).
S.No Subjects Total Marks Duration 1 Current Affairs 90 Marks 1 Hour 2 General Knowledge 3 General English 4 Elementary Mathematics and Analytical Aptitude
- Interview:- (Full marks 10) The candidates, who will qualify in the Written Test, will be considered for Interview. After the interview, a Merit List of provisionally selected candidates will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in ‘Written Test’ and ‘Interview’.
- Medical Examination (For all Posts): – Provisionally selected candidates will have to undergo a medical examination at the Hospital, designated by Govt. of West Bengal and earmarked by Kolkata Police.
- Verification of Character and Antecedents (For all Posts): – Provisionally selected candidates will have to fill up and submit ‘Verification Roll’ which will be thoroughly enquired into by the authority concerned.
- Training (For all Posts): – Provisionally appointed candidates will have to undergo a prescribed course of training / probation successfully before their confirmation in the rank. In the case of resignation, before confirmation is tendered by the employee, he shall have to pay the training cost, as per existing Govt. rule.
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for the posts of Constable/Lady Constable is given below.
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for Current Affairs/General Knowledge
- Current events.
- Important days.
- General Politics.
- Economic Scene.
- Scientific Research.
- Indian Constitution.
- Countries & Capitals etc.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for General English
- Unseen Passages.
- Error Correction.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for Elementary Mathematics
- Profit and Loss.
- Ratio and Time.
- Time and Work.
- Number Systems.
- Time and Distance.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Use of Tables and Graphs.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- The relationship between Numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations.
Kolkata Police Constable Syllabus for Analytical Aptitude
- Statement & Condition.
- Statements & Conclusions.
- Linear Sequencing.
- Seating Arrangement.
- Ordering & Sequencing.
- Routes & Networks.
- Binary Logic.
- Blood Relations.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Quant-Based Reasoning etc.
Info about Kolkata Constable Exam 2015
Name of the Organization: Kolkata Police Recruitment Board.
Name of the Post: Constable/Lady Constable posts.
Number of Vacancies: 1167 vacancies.
Job Location: Kolkata (West Bengal).
Job Category: State Government.
Last Date of Apply Online/Offline: 19-12-2015.
Official Website: www.kprb.kolkatapolice.gov.in