SSC JE Electrical Syllabus 2015
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus: SSC Junior Engineer Exam Notification has released. Many number of Engineering students are looking for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus & SSC JE Exam Pattern. Number of Aspirants are applied for this exam. Here this might be very useful for the people who are applied for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2015. Here we are providing SSC Electrical Junior Engineer Syllabus. Download SSC JE Civil Engineer Syllabus, SSC JE Mechanical Engineer, SSC JE Admit Card 2015. Grab SSC JE Electrical Syllabus and prepare well for the Exam.
This is good place for the people who are preparing for the SSC JE Exam. From here the candidate can download the SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical, Mechanical, Electrical Subjects. Get SSC JE Electrical Syllabus pdf, this might be very useful for the SSC JE Exam. Aspirants can also get the syllabus from official site: ssc.nic.in.
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
SSC Junior Exam Syllabus is different for Electrical, mechanical, electrical branches. Here we are giving the SSC JE Electrical Syllabus & SSC JE Exam pattern. From here the respective branch student can Download the SSC JE Electrical Syllabus 2015. Aspirants can download the complete SSC JE Electrical Syllabus from here. By using SSC JE Electrical Syllabus candidates can easily prepare for the exam.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)
SSC JE Electrical Engineering Syllabus:
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus is different for the Electrical Engineering Students. The people who are beloning to the Electrical Engineering Branch can get the SSC JE Electrical Syllabus 2015.
- Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
- Kirchhoff’s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
- Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
- Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
Measurement and measuring instruments:
- Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and Voltmeter (both moving coil and moving iron type), Extension of range, Wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses.
- Earth Fault detection.
- (a) D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
- (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase / 3 phase transformers. Auto transformers.
- (c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque- speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics.
Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors:
- Characteristics and applications. Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
Generation, Transmission and Distribution:
- Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations.
- Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C.
- Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars. Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different system. Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
Estimation and costing:
- Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
Utilization of Electrical Energy:
- Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors.
- Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET. Simple circuits using these devices.