- 1 UPSC SCRA Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016
- 2 About UPSC
- 3 UPSC SCRA Exam Pattern 2016
- 4 UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016
- 5 Details about UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016
UPSC SCRA Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016
UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016 Details:
UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016 is available here. UPSC released the Notification of UPSC SCRA Examination 2016 which is to be held on 10th January 2016. Candidates who have applied for UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination will be searching for UPSC SCRA Syllabus. We are providing the UPSC Railway Apprentice Exam Pattern for the guidance of the candidates. Applicants who are attending for the UPSC Railway Exam can follow the SCRA Syllabus. We also provided SCRA Railway Exam Pattern for the convenience of the Aspirants. Students can start their preparation for the SCRA UPSC Exam by following the UPSC Syllabus for Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam. Our website recruitment.guru provides the direct link for the Applicants. For the ease of the Aspirants, we also provided a download link. Candidates can also download the UPSC SCRA Syllabus pdf from the link enclosed below.
Applicants who are interested in applying for Government Jobs can start applying to this. For more updates regarding UPSC Recruitment & Notification, SCRA Admit Cards, SCRA Question Papers, SCRA Results, etc. bookmark our website and stay tuned!!!
UPSC full form is Union Public Service Commission. The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. It is established on 1st October 1926. UPSC is a Central Agency authorized to conduct various exams like Civil Services Exam, IES, IFS, CDS, NDA, INA, SCRA, CAPF, etc. It is having its Headquarters in New Delhi. UPSC Official Website is www.upsc.gov.in.
About SCRA Exam
Special Class Railway Apprentice is abbreviated as SCRA. SCRA is conducted by UPSC on behalf of Indian Railways for four years of apprenticeship. On successfully completing the apprenticeship, they are taken as Class-1 officers in Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME). SCRA is conducted by UPSC in offline mode on 10 January 2016 at centers all over India.
UPSC SCRA Exam Pattern 2016
UPSC SCRA Syllabus is given below. SCRA Exam Pattern is provided below for the guidance of the candidates. Students can follow the pattern and prepare for the SCRA Exam.
UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam consists of 2 parts.
- Part I is a Written Examination carrying a maximum of 600 marks.
- Part II is a Personality Test carrying a maximum of 200 marks, and it is conducted for only those candidates who are qualified in the written examination.
Keep points to be kept in mind for the SCRA Written Exam are:
- The Exam is of Objective type i.e. it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Question Papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.
- Written Test is conducted in Offline mode.
- There will be 3 Papers in the Written Examination.
. The First paper is of General Ability Test.
. The Second paper is of Physical Sciences.
.The Third paper is of Mathematics.
- Each paper is of 200 marks.
- Time allotted for each paper is 2 hours ( i.e. 120 minutes).
- Total marks for the exam are 600.
- Total time alloted for all 3 papers is 6 hours.
- There is Negative Marking.
UPSC Railway Apprentice Exam Pattern for Written Test
SCRA Exam pattern for the written test is given here for the guidance of the candidates. UPSC Railway Apprentice Exam Pattern for Written Test is as follows:
|Paper-I||General Ability Test (English, General Knowledge
and Psychological Test)
|Paper-II||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)||02||2 hours||200|
After the Written Test, Personality Test will be conducted for those who are qualified in the written test.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016
Union Public Service Commission SCRA Exam Syllabus is given below. Aspirants who are preparing for the SCRA Exam conducted by UPSC will be searching for the UPSC SCRA Syllabus. Candidates can follow the SCRA Syllabus and prepare for the exam.
There are Three Papers in this Examination. They are
- Paper I: General Ability Test (English, General Knowledge, and Psychological Test).
- Paper II: Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry).
- Paper III: Mathematics.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for General Ability Test
The General Ability Test for UPSC SCRA Syllabus consists of English, General Knowledge, and Psychological Test. Detailed syllabus for each subject is given below.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for English
The Questions asked here will be designed to test your understanding and command of the English language.
- English Grammar.
- Reading skills.
- Sentence formation and structure.
- One Word Substitution.
- Logical Sequencing.
- Error Correction.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for General Knowledge
The Questions asked here will be designed to test your general awareness of the environment around you and the society. Questions asked should be of standard XII or equivalent.
- General Awareness.
- Current Affairs.
- Personalities in News.
- Science in everyday life.
- Corporate & Sports News.
- Social Disorganization in India.
- Indian Constitution.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Psychological Test
The questions asked here will be designed to assess the basic intelligence and mechanical aptitude of the candidate.
- Basic intelligence.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Physical Sciences
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Physics
Questions asked here will be from Topics up to class 12th level. Few topics are given below. Be prepared with all the topics of Physics up to 12th standard.
- Measurement of time and mass.
- Momentum, impulse, work, energy and power.
- Straight line motion and relationships among displacement, velocity and acceleration.
- Equilibrium of bodies under the action of forces.
- Pressure in a fluid and its variation with depth.
- Mechanical equivalent of heat.
- Coefficient of friction.
- Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Mass & Weight.
- Velocity and Acceleration.
- Simple Harmonic motion.
- Reflection and refraction of light.
- Microscopes and telescopes.
- Electric current.
- Magnetic effect of current
- Laws of electrolysis.
- Electromagnetic induction.
- Nuclear energy: fission and fusion
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Chemistry
It contains Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry up to class 12th level. Detailed syllabus is explained below.
UPSC Railway Exam Syllabus for Physical Chemistry
The UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Physical Chemistry is given. Candidates can refer to the Syllabus below and should thoroughly prepare the topics.
- Atomic structure.
- Atomic radii, Electro-negativity in period and groups.
- Chemical Bonding.
- Energy changes in a chemical reaction.
- Chemical Equilibria and rates of reactions.
- Oxidation – Reduction.
- Effect of Pressure.
- Natural and Artificial Radioactivity.
UPSC Railway Exam Syllabus for Inorganic Chemistry
The UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Inorganic Chemistry is given. Candidates can refer to the syllabus below and should thoroughly prepare the topics.
- Brief Treatment of Elements and their industrially important compounds.
- Group I Elements.
- Group II Elements.
- Group III Elements.
- Group IV Elements.
- Group V Elements.
- Group VI Elements.
- Group VII Elements.
- Group O (Noble gases).
- Metallurgical Processes.
UPSC Railway Exam Syllabus for Organic Chemistry
The UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Organic Chemistry is given. Candidates can refer to the syllabus below and should thoroughly prepare the topics.
- Tetrahedral nature of Carbon.
- Single and multiple bonds.
- Shapes of molecules.
- Geometrical and optical isomerism.
- General methods of preparation, properties and reaction of alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes.
- Halogen derivatives.
- Hydroxy Compounds.
- Ethers, Aldehydes, and Ketones.
- Nitro compounds amines.
- Carboxylic Acid, Esters, Polymers.
- Nonstructural treatment of Carbohydrates, Fats and Lipids, amino acids and proteins – Vitamins and hormones.
UPSC SCRA Syllabus for Mathematics
UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016 for Mathematics Exam is given here. Candidates can check the syllabus and prepare well.
- Analytic Geometry.
- Differential Calculus.
- Integral Calculus.
- Differential Equations.
- Vectors & its Applications.
Details about UPSC SCRA Syllabus 2016
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Name of the Exam: Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) 2016.
Exam Date: 10th January 2016.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in