Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
Water level drops to 66% in 91 major reservoirs across India.
- According to an official statement, the water level in 91 major reservoirs across the country has gone down to 66% of their total storage capacity from 67% last week.
- As of November 9, the water storage in the reservoirs was 105.984 billion cubic metres (BCM). It has now decreased to 103.527 BCM.
- The reservoirs in states such as Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Odisha, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Telangana have reported lesser storage level than last year.
Hindu Mahasabha pays tribute to Nathuram Godse.
- Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha members on Thursday observed the death anniversary of Nathuram Godse at Mahatma Gandhi Marg in Ranchi.
- This is the first time that such an event has been organising in Jharkhand to pay tribute to the person who assassinated Gandhi.
Former US President Obama to visit India on December 1.
- Former US President Barack Obama will be in New Delhi on December 1 to participate in a Town Hall organised by the Obama Foundation.
- The Town Hall is aimed at expanding the conversation about what it means to be an active citizen and make an impact.
- The event in India comes after similar programmes were held in Germany, Indonesia, and Brazil, this year.
More National Affairs – Latest Current Events
Oxford launches first-ever Hindi word of the year – Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
- Oxford Dictionaries will have a Hindi word of the year for 2017.
- The Hindi word of the year will be a word or expression that has attracted a great deal of interest this year.
- Following the public suggestions, the word will be chosen by the Hindi Dictionaries team at Oxford University Press (OUP) along with an advisory panel of language experts who each bring a unique perspective
- This word of the year will be announced in January 2018.
India set to host Cyber Security Meet.
- Union government is preparing to host a conference on cybersecurity in November.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference and will be attended by IT and cyber ministers from nations across the world.
- Union IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the ‘Global Conference on Cyber Space’ will be held on November 23-24.
- Policymakers, innovators, industrialists and cybersecurity experts are expected to attend the conference.
- Cyber diplomacy will be the topic of focus in this conference.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Pakistan unveils 1,700-year-old sleeping Buddha.
- Pakistan unveiled the remains of a 1,700-year-old sleeping Buddha image as a part of an initiative to encourage tourism and project religious harmony in a region roiled by Islamist militancy.
- Abdul Samad, director of Bhamla’s archaeology and museums department said this is from the 3rd century AD, making it the world’s oldest sleeping Buddha.
- The region was once the centre of Buddhist civilization that took root under the Mauryan king Ashoka 2,300 years ago.
Lebanon’s PM Saad Hariri accepts the invitation to Paris – Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
- The French president’s office said that Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri has accepted an invitation to come to France after his surprise resignation from Saudi Arabia.
- Hariri announced his resignation from Saudi Arabia in Nov.4, citing meddling in the region’s affairs by Iran and its Lebanese ally, Hezbollah.
- Hariri resigned from Saudi Arabia in a televised speech that blasted Iran’s role in the region.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
Global Gene Corp announces collaboration for cancer research in South Asian.
- Global Gene Corp recently announced a collaboration with the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center to develop a better understanding of rare cancers in South Asian and Indian populations.
- The collaboration with the OSUCCC – James reinforces Global Gene Corp’s vision of focusing on personalized healthcare data at a global level.
- Global Gene Corp will provide access to longitudinal, genomics data, insights and analytics for unexplored patient populations in South Asians.
- Global Gene Corp is an innovative genomics data platform and applications company, focused on building a longitudinal, genomics data foundation and insights for under-explored patient populations.
As per the survey Ambanis top Forbes list of Asia’s richest families.
- The Mukesh Ambani family became the richest in Asia after its net worth rose from USD 19 billion to USD 44.8 billion.
- South Korea’s Lee family is in the second spot after their wealth risen from USD 11.2 billion to USD 40.8 billion this year.
- Hong Kong’s Kwok family which is Asia’s richest real estate company ranked third with USD 40.4 billion.
- Thailand’s Chearavanont family of the Charoen Pokphand Group, with USD 36.6 billion took the fourth spot.
- According to Forbes, the 50 families on the list combined are worth USD 699 billion, up from USD 200 billion last year.
Business News – Latest Current Events
Paytm has partnered with ICICI to provide instant loans.
- Country’s largest e-payments platform, Paytm, has tied up with ICICI Bank, to launch a digital credit facility.
- The scheme enables Paytm customers to get instant loans for various purposes including bill payments, flight tickets, etc.
- The Paytm-ICICI Bank Postpaid is a digital credit account with instant online activation.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma, founder and CEO, Paytm said that the credit facility will be based on a new Big Data-based algorithm by ICICI Bank for real-time credit assessment of customers.
- The software uses financial and digital behaviour of the customer such as credit bureau check, purchase patterns, the frequency of purchase to check the credit worthiness of a customer.
November 17th 2017 Current Affairs – Appointment News
IAS officer Sanjiv Kumar is the new Chief Electoral Officer of Karnataka.
- Election Commission of India appointed IAS officer Sanjiv Kumar as the chief electoral officer (CEO) for Karnataka.
- The appointment is made for the Karnataka assembly elections, which took place in the first week of May 2018.
- Sanjiv Kumar is a 1986-batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre and additional chief secretary.
- He will replace IAS officer, Anil Kumar Jha, who has been serving as the CEO since January 1, 2013.
Agreements Updates – Current Affairs Nov 17 2017
Tata Power SED signs an agreement with Indian Navy for Diver Detection Sonar – Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
- Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division signed an agreement with the Indian Navy to supply a Portable Diver Detection Sonar or the PDDS.
- The device will enhance the Navy’s surveillance capability.
- The PDDS detects and tracks underwater threats, and allow the Navy take preventive measure.
- The Navy entered into the contract with Tata Power SED under the ‘Buy and Make’ category.
- The company in a statement said the order for the sonars is one of the largest in the world market.
- The Navy also signed a contract for the supply of Surface Surveillance Radar for warships.
Today Current Affairs November 17 2017 – Resignation Affairs
TA Sekar resigned as the Director of Delhi Daredevils.
- Former India fast bowler TA Sekar has stepped down as Delhi Daredevils director, the franchise announced through a media release.
- Delhi Daredevils chief executive Mr Hemant Dua confirmes that the former India fast bowler will no longer be part of the franchise for personal reasons.
- During his term, several players like Manprit Juneja and Pawan Negi were spotted and given Daredevils contracts for performing well in the domestic season.
Sports News – Daily Current Affairs Updates
Peru beat New Zealand and qualified for FIFA World Cup after 36-year – Today Current Affairs November 17 2017
- Peru ended their 36-year wait for a FIFA World Cup berth after overcoming New Zealand 2-0 in Wednesday’s inter-confederation playoff.
- Jefferson Farfan and Christian Ramos scored as Peru defeated New Zealand to reach the FIFA World Cup for the first time since 1982.
Prannoy breaks into top-10 in BWF rankings.
- Newly-crowned national champion H S Prannoy broke into top-10 by jumping a spot in the latest BWF World rankings.
- Prannoy moved up a place and attained 53,285 points in total, while Srikanth remained static at the second place.
- In the women’s doubles, Ashwini Ponnappa and N. Sikki Reddy moved up a position to be at 24th
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 16-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 16-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs October 2017||Current Affairs PDF Oct 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.