- 1 UPSC Geologist Recruitment Vacancy Details – UPSC Jobs
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Recruitment 2016
- 1.2 UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam 2016 Details
- 1.3 UPSC Geologist Syllabus
- 1.4 Download UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2016 Notification – 4/2016-GEOL
UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2016 Notification has recently released on 6th February 2016. Union Public Service Commission had been published this advertisement under the notice no. 4/2016-GEOL to fill 208 vacancies of Geologist, Geophysicist, and other posts by conducting Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2016. Aspirants who were searching for UPSC Jobs may apply for these posts released under UPSC Recruitment 2016. Interested and Eligible Candidates can apply to this UPSC Exam through UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2016. Applicants can also check the official website www.upsc.gov.in for more details regarding the UPSC Notification 2016. The UPSC Online Application will be available on the site from 6th February 2016 to 4th March 2016. Other details like UPSC Vacancy details, Educational Qualification, Age limit, etc. regarding UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam 2016 are mentioned below.
UPSC Geologist Recruitment Vacancy Details – UPSC Jobs
A. Category-I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts.
|S.no.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1.||Geologist, Group A||121|
|2.||Geophysicist, Group A||56|
|3.||Chemist, Group A||29|
B. Category-II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts.
|S.no.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1.||Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A||02|
Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Recruitment 2016
Age Limit for UPSC Geophysicist Recruitment
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- For Category-I, Maximum age: 32 years.
- For Category-II, Maximum age: 35 years.
- Age relaxations are applicable for different categories as per the rules of the Union Public Service Commission.
Educational Qualification for Union Public Service Commission Recruitment
- Aspirants must have done M.Sc. or any Master’s Degree in the consistent stream from any recognized University or Institution.
NOTE: Click the link for more UPSC Jobs.
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam 2016 Details
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
Name of the Post: Various Posts.
Examination Name: Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2016.
No. of Posts: 208 Posts.
Application Mode: Online.
Job Location: Anywhere in India.
Selection Process: Candidates applying for UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2016 will be selected based on the following process.
- Written Exam.
UPSC Exam Date:
- Starting date for filling online application: 06/02/2016.
- Last date for fee payment by cash: 03/03/2016.
- Closing date for submission of the application form: 04/03/2016.
- Last date for fee payment(Online mode): 04/03/2016.
- Examination date: 13/05/2016.
Application Fee: Aspirants need to pay the application fee by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card. The application fee for various categories is mentioned below.
- For Unreserved Candidates: Rs. 200/-.
- For SC/ ST/ Female/ PH Candidates: Nil.
UPSC Online Application – www.upsc.gov.in
Application form for this Geologist, Junior Hydrogeologists, and other jobs released under UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2016 is available on our site attached below. The link for applying online was already activated on 6th February 2016. Kindly open the online form of the relevant post from the given link and submit it before the due date. The online application form will be available on the site up to 4th March 2016.
How to Apply:
- Read carefully the notification before applying online.
- Go to the link given on our site for online application.
- Click on Part-I/ Part-II Registration.
- Fill the form in the given format without mistakes.
- Upload scanned copies of Photograph and Signature.
- Submit the form on completion of the last date.
- Make fee payment through online or offline mode at any branch of SBI.
- Take a printout of the application form for future use.
UPSC Geologist Syllabus
Aspirants who have applied for this Geologist, Geophysicist, and other posts of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2016 will be waiting for the updates of UPSC Geologist Syllabus, UPSC Exam Pattern. Here, we are having some updates regarding the Syllabus of UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2016. The direct link for UPSC Syllabus 2016 PDF will be updated very soon on our site.