UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2017 for 110 Vacancies
Latest IFS Notification in Union Public Service Commission!!! UPSC is going to conduct Indian Forest Service Exam for the eligible candidates. Now, UPSC is inviting the online application form from the eligible individuals who wish to appear for the UPSC IFS Exam Notification. Eligible aspirants can fill the IFS Application Form 2017 through the online mode @ upsc.gov.in. The last date to submit the online application form is 17th March 2017. Furthermore, information about the IFS Notification 2017, Application form, Exam Date is available in this article.
What is UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam – UPSC Recruitment?
Union Public Service Commission has dispatched the Notification for the IFS Recruitment at the official portal upsc.gov.in. In general, Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted in two stages i.e., Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination & and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main) Examination. An enormous number of applicants will apply for the UPSC IFS Exam and wish to be part of the UPSC Department.
UPSC IFS Recruitment 2017 Overview – upsc.gov.in
- Department Name: Union Public Service Commission
- Name of the Exam: Indian Forest Service Examination
- No of Posts: 110 Posts
- Official Website: upsc.gov.in
- Application Mode: Online
- Starting date to apply online: started
- Closing date to apply online: 17th March 2017
UPSC IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Applicants who wish to apply for the UPSC IFS Exam must be either:-
- A citizen of India, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- An Individual of Indian origin who has roamed from Srilanka, East African countries like Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia.
IFS Educational Qualification:
- Graduation in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ Agriculture/ Forestry/ Engineering.
- Refer the official UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Notification for the educational qualification details.
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 32 Years
- SC/ST candidates will be given 5 years relaxation and OBC candidates will be given 3 years relaxation as on 1st August 2015.
- Applicants of the UPSC IFS Application Form have to pay the application form of Rs. 100/- through any SBI
- SC/ ST/ OBC, physically handicapped and female candidates – No Fee.
- Prelims Examination.
- Mains Examination.
How can I Apply for UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2017? – UPSC Application Form @ upsc.gov.in
- Applicants of the UPSC IFS Exam have to fill the IFS Exam Application Form through the official portal of Union Public Service Commission.
- Click on “Notification – Indian Forest Service Examination, 2017” link.
- On the UPSC home page, click on the “UPSC Online Application”.
- Now, click on Part-I Registration and enter the required details, upload the photographs and signature.
- Later, apply for Part-II Registration and fill the details in the required format.
- After completion of the details, click on “Submit” button.
- Finally, take a printout of the application for future reference.
Important Dates for IFS Notification:
- Date for issue of IFS notification: 22/02/2017
- Last date to submit the application form: 17/03/2017
- Prelims Examination Date (Pre): 18/06/2017
- Mains Examination date (Main): December 2017.
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern / UPSC Syllabus
- There will be two types of obligatory papers.
- The First paper will be objective type and second paper will be the evocative type.
- Each paper will contain 200 marks and the duration of the prelims examination will be 2 hours.
- There will be 0.33 negative marking for every wrong answer.
There will be six papers and UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) takes the charge to conduct the examination.
- Paper I is General English for 300 Marks
- The Paper II is General Knowledge for 300 Marks
- Paper III, IV, V & VI: Each paper will be subdivided into two parts i.e., part-A & part –B. Each section contains 8 questions in which 5 questions are attempted mandatory. 200 marks for each paper.
List of subjects of IFS Exam Syllabus for the main examination:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Important Links for UPSC IFS Exam Notification:
Examination Centers for Preliminary Examination:
- Aurangabad Itanagar Ranchi
- Ahmedabad Gurgaon Port Blair
- Agartala Gaya Navi Mumbai
- Ajmer Gorakhpur Patna
- Allahabad Imphal Raipur
- Ananthapuru Indore Rajkot
- Agra Ghaziabad Panaji (Goa)
- Aizwal Gwalior Puducherry
- Aligarh Hyderabad Pune
- Bengaluru Jabalpur Sambalpur
- Bilaspur Jodhpur Siliguri
- Bhopal Jammu Shimla
- Barielly Jaipur Shillong
- Chandigarh Jorhat Srinagar
- Coimbatore Kohima Thiruvananthapuram
- Chennai Kochi Thane
- Cuttack Kolkatta Tiruchirapalli
- Dehradun Kozhikode Tirupati
- Dharwar Ludhiana Varanasi
- Dispur Madurai Vellore
- Delhi Lucknow Udaipur
- Faridabad Mumbai Vijaywada
- Gautambuddhnagar Nagpur Warangal
- Gangtok Mysuru Vishakhapatnam
Centers for Main Examination Centres:
Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair and Shimla
Candidates who wish to apply for the UPSC IFA Exam need to check Official Notification i.e., IFS Notification 2017. If you have queries regarding the UPSC IFS Recruitment 2017, leave your comment in the comment box available below. Keep checking our web portal www.recrutiment.guru for getting time to time updates.