Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam Syllabus 2020: Get SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Syllabus Pdf here. SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is Approaching; all the aspirants are in search of SSC CGL Syllabus 2020 Pdf. So we are Providing here Latest Exam Pattern and SSC CGL exam Syllabus Pdf Free Download Links. Make use of this Page and Prepare for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Tier I, II, III, IV Examinations without Fail.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020 Pdf
SSC CGL Examination 2020 is approaching very soon. The official notification was released regarding SSC CGL Tier I CGL Exam from 4th June to 13th June 2020. SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is conducted from 11th September to 13th September 2020. Candidates need to focus more on studies if planning to appear for this SSC CGL exam. Because for cracking all the phases of the exam one has to be prepared at a high level. Thus, it takes a smart plan along with your hard work.
The important ingredient for smart study plan is to first understand the structure of the exam and syllabus involved in it. The latest SSC CGL exam pattern and SSC Combined Graduate Level syllabus pdf is provided on this page to download. Here we have compiled the complete detailed syllabus of SSC CGL 2018 Exam for Tier 1, 2, 3, & 4 which will help in the SSC CGL exam preparation in an effective manner.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Syllabus 2020
|Name of the Board||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2018 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Section Officer, Assistant Enforcement Officer, JSO, Sub Inspector & Other posts|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date for Tier 1||02nd to 11th March 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date 2020||22nd June – 25th June 2020|
|Exam Date for SSC CGL Tier 3 2020|
|SSC CGL Official Website||ssc.nic.in|
The eligibility for SSC CGL exam is Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. The application process & exam, both are through online mode. Since SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Date is not yet announced, it will be updated as soon as it is released by the Board.
SSC CGL Exam Syllabus & Test Pattern 2020
The applicants who are all interested in SSC CGL posts and have applied for SSC CGL online test can get detailed information related to SSC CGL like Exam date, Exam Pattern, Selection Process on this page. Read the entire article to understand the SSC CGL Recruitment procedure completely & get complete details about the SSC Syllabus. For any latest updates related to SSC exam CGL Syllabus & other information visit our recruitment guru site. Also, we have given a link to download SSC CGL previous papers, study materials for better preparation of the exam.
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Selection Process
|Tier I||Multiple Choice Questions||Online|
|Tier II||Multiple Choice Questions||Online|
|Tier III||Descriptive Paper in English and Hindi||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Tier IV||Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency||Wherever applicable|
Staff Selection Commission CGL exam pattern was changed completely in the year 2016. Now, the SSC CGL exam pattern consists of Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4 set of Papers. In which Tier 1 & 2 are compulsory for all the posts and Tier 3 & 4 depend upon the applied post.
SSC CGL (Tier 1 / Tier I) Exam Pattern 2020
|SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||TIME ALLOTTED|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A Cumulative time of 60 Minutes|
- SSC CGL Tier I exam is an online-based examination. It has 4 sections.
- The total time duration to complete the exam is 60 minutes.
- There will be 200 marks allotted for the entire sections.
- The cumulative time of 80 minutes is allotted to physically handicapped students.
- There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL (Tier 1 / Tier I) Syllabus Details
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Simplification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.)||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Interest||Science||Fill in the Blanks|
|Puzzle||Percentage||Sports||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Ratio and Proportion||Books and Authors||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Problem on Ages||Important Schemes||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Speed, Distance and Time||Portfolios||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||Number System||People in the News||–|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work||–||–|
SSC CGL (Tier 2 / Tier II) Exam Pattern 2020
|SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||TIME ALLOTTED|
|Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
- Tier 2 Exam consists of 4 sections.
- There will be 100 questions in each section except in the English language as there will be 200 questions.
- The time duration allotted to complete the exam is 2 hours. And, cumulative time of 2 hours 40 minutes allotted to physically handicapped students.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL (Tier 2 / Tier II) Syllabus 2020
|General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics|
|Finance and Accounting||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data|
|Fundamental Principles||Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion|
|Financial Accounting||Averages||Fill in the Blanks||The measure of Central Tendency|
|Basic Concepts of Accounting||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis|
|Self-Balancing Ledger||Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression|
|Error Spotting and Correction||Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables|
|Economics and Governance||Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Comptroller and Auditor General of India||Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory|
|Finance Commission||Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance|
|Theory of Demand and Supply||Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis|
|–||Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number|
SSC CGL (Tier 3 / Tier III) Exam Pattern 2020
|Mode of Exam||Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|Written Exam||Descriptive paper in Hindi/English|
(Essay & Letter Writing)
|100||60 Minutes (80 minutes|
for students suffering
like Visual Handicap
& Cerebral Palsy)
SSC CGL (Tier 3 / Tier III) Syllabus 2020
|Letter Writing||Precis Writing|
|Application Writing||Essay Writing|
SSC CGL (Tier 4 / Tier IV) Exam Pattern 2020
The SSC CGL Tier IV exam consists of two tests include Data Entry Skill & Computer Proficiency Test. This Tier IV stage is only for few posts like TA (Tax Assistant), CSS, MEA, and Inspector.
- Word Processing Test on MS Word: 2000 Key Depressions
- Test in Microsoft Excel or Spreadsheets: 15 minutes
- Test in Microsoft PowerPoint: 15 minutes
SSC CGL (Tier 4 / Tier IV) Syllabus 2020 Pdf
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): If you’ve applied for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), then you’ve to write DEST examination. This is to test your typing speed. There will be given an English article and you have to type 2000 words in the given duration of 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): This exam is to test aspirants proficient in Word Processing, Spread Sheets, and Generation of slides for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
Important Exams 2020 – Syllabus Details
- IBPS RRB Syllabus – Click Here
- SSC CHSL Syllabus – Click Here
- SSC MTS Syllabus – Click Here
- UPSC Syllabus – Click Here
FAQ’s of SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2020
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Selection Process for SSC CGL 2020 Exam?
- Online Examination
- Written Examination
- Skill Test
- Physical Test
- Document Verification
2. How Many Tiers are there in SSC CGL Exam 2020
- Tier I – Multiple Choice Questions Online
- Tier II – Multiple Choice Questions Online
- SSC CGL Tier III – Descriptive Paper in English and Hindi Offline (Pen and Paper Based)
- Tier IV – Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Wherever applicable
3. Is SSC CGL Tier 1 of Qualifying Nature Only?
There are many rumors are going around of making SSC CGL Tier-I of qualifying nature only. But it’s not true and not at all possible in case of Staff Selection Commission. So, clear these taught in your mind. SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam marks are included in the further selection steps so you can not take it in this manner.
4. Is Tier 3 Compulsory in SSC CGL Exam?
Yes, it is compulsory to appear for SSC CGL 2018 Tier 3 Exam. SSC has issued a New Test Pattern in 2017 and as per that same interviews have dragged and Tier 3 is Descriptive Examination.
For much more detailed information on the exam check the official website.