- 1 SSC JE Syllabus 2017
- 1.1 SSC JE Exam Syllabus 2017 Details
- 1.2 Check SSC JE Exam Centres
- 2 Staff Selection Commission JE Civil Syllabus 2015
Latest SSC JE Syllabus 2017 is available to download. Participants of Staff Selection Jr Engineer Recruitment 2017 can get exam syllabus and test pattern. Download New SSC JE Syllabus Pdf along the Exam Pattern. Check Staff Selection Commission Exam Syllabus, Scheme of the Examination, Exam Dates, Timings, Exam Centers, etc. – www.ssc.nic.in.
SSC JE Syllabus 2017
Are you Searching for SSC JE Syllabus 2017? Then you are in the right place to get SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus. Here we have provided the Syllabus and exam pattern for SSC JE Exam. Candidates who are attending the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Exam they have start preparation immediately because there is huge competition for the SSC Jobs. Aspirants use the information provided for the SSC JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern to score good marks in the SSC JE Exam. Visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in for Jr Engineer exam details. Applicants can also download the SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus Pdf through direct link provided on our website. In our website, we also update the previous year question papers for Jr Engineer examination. Hence, practice the SSC JE Electrical model question papers Pdf for better performance in the written examination.
SSC JE Exam Syllabus 2017 Details
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Total Vacancies||various Posts|
|Name of the Exam||SSC Junior Engineer Exam|
|Closing date to apply||28th October 2016|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Interview|
|Paper II Exam date||Inform Soon|
[All State Government Recruitment updates available in Sarkari Naukri ]
SSC JE Syllabus 2017 pdf download: www.ssc.nic.in
According to the Latest Employment News, the Staff Selection Commission has recently announced the Jobs notification for Junior Engineer Posts. SSC is conducting the Junior Engineer Exam to recruit Eligible and Talented candidates. It is great news for the Job seekers who is seeking for the Central Govt Jobs. Applicants can check the more details regarding the SSC JE Recruitment 2017 like Application fee, Age limit, Educational Qualification, etc. at our site. The online application for SSC JE Jobs available from 1st October 2016 to 28th October 2016.
Selection Process for SSC Junior Engineer Posts
Applicants who have applied for the SSC JE Jobs they will be selected based on the following tests conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
- Written Examination.
|SSC JE Answer Key|
New SSC JE Exam Pattern 2017
- Paper 1.
- Paper 2.
Staff Selection Commission JE Exam is Conducted in 2 Papers.
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam Pattern 2017
|S. NO||Examination Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||General Intelligence||50||50||2 Hours Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon] Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]|
Part A (Civil & Structural)
Part B (Electrical)
Part C (Mechanical)
|SSC JE Result|
- Paper 1 is Conducted for 200 marks.
- It is Objective Type Exam.
- It Contains 200 questions.
- Duration of SSC JE Exam is 2 hrs.
- There will be a negative marking for Paper 1 i.e., 0.25.
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2017
|S. NO||Exam Type||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Descriptive Type||General Engineering
Part A (Civil & Structural)
Part B (Electrical)
Part C (Mechanical)
|300||2 Hours Date to be intimated later on.|
- Paper 2 is conducted for 300 marks.
- It is Descriptive Type.
- Duration of the Exam is 2 hrs.
(Also Check: SSC CHSL Tier 1 Result)
The SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2017 Consists the Following Subjects.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus Pdf 2017
- General Intelligence.
- General Awareness.
- Technical Subjects.
With the presented exam pattern, candidates can know the subject topics and its weightage in the examination. Note down the SSC JE syllabus 2017 electrical pdf given down the page. Hence, make a schedule for preparation accordingly.
SSC JE General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
It Includes both verbal and non-verbal.
- Space Visualization.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Verbal And Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series Etc.
- Abstract Ideas And Symbols And Their Relationships.
- Arithmetical Computations.
- Other Analytical Functions.
General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Science.
- General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering
- Building Materials.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Theory of Structures.
- Concrete Technology.
- RCC Design, Steel Design.
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts.
- Circuit law.
- Magnetic Circuit.
- AC Fundamentals.
- Measurement and Measuring Instruments.
- Electrical Machines.
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors.
- Synchronous Machines.
- Transmission and Distribution.
- Estimation and Costing.
- Utilization and Electrical Energy.
- Basic Electronics.
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design.
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Properties of Pure Substances.
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics.
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
- IC Engines Combustion.
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
- IC Engine Performance.
- IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication.
- Rankine cycle of System.
- Fitting & Accessories.
- Air Compressors & their cycles.
- Refrigeration cycles.
- The principle of Refrigeration Plant.
- Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
- Properties & Classification of Fluids.
- Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure.
- Fluid kinematics.
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids.
- Measurement of Flow rate.
- Basic principles.
- Hydraulic Turbines.
- Centrifugal Pumps.
- Classification of steels.
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Syllabus
Click on the below link to get SSC JE Paper 2 Syllabus.
Direct Link to Download the Staff Selection Commission JE Syllabus 2017 Pdf
The provided SSC JE Syllabus 2017 is for referral only. We may not guarantee that same related questions are asked in the written examination. You may also check the official website www.ssc.nic.in for exam and Syllabi details.
Check SSC JE Exam Centres
Staff Selection Commission JE Civil Syllabus 2015
SSC JE Civil Syllabus: SSC Junior Engineer Exam Notification has released. Many of Engineering students are looking for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus & SSC JE Exam Pattern. Number of Aspirants are applied for this exam. Here this might be very useful for the people who are applied for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2015. Here we are providing SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern. Grab SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus and prepare well for the Exam. SSC JE Exam Pattern
This is the place for the people who are preparing for the SSC JE Exam. From here the candidate can download the SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Subjects. Download SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Electrical, SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Mechanical, SSC JE Admit Card 2015. Get SSC JE Civil Syllabus pdf, this might be very useful for the SSC JE Exam. Aspirants can also get the syllabus at the official site: ssc.nic.in.
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering
Staff Selection Commission Junior Exam Syllabus is different for civil, mechanical, electrical branches. Here we are giving the SSC Junior Engineer Civil Syllabus & SSC JE Exam Syllabus for Structural Engineering. From here the respective branch student can Download the SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2015. Aspirants can download the complete SSC JE Civil Syllabus from here. By using SSC JE Civil Syllabus candidates can easily prepare for the exam.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus details & Complete Subjectwise Syllabus:
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- JE (Electrical)
- SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus.
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical & Civil Engineering & Structural Engineer Syllabus:
SSC JE Civil Syllabus is different for the Civil Engineering Students. The people who are belonging to the Civil Engineering Branch can get the SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2015.
- Physical and Chemical properties, Classification, Standard Tests, Uses and manufacture/quarrying of materials e.g. building stones, silicate based materials, Cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood based Products, Laminates, bituminous materials, Paints, Varnishes.
Estimating, Costing, and Valuation:
- Estimate, Glossary of technical terms, Analysis of rates, Methods, and unit of measurement, Items of work – Earthwork, Brickwork (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, Plastering.
- Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule. Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule.
- The cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolated and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles and pile caps.
- Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
- Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying, working of prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying, theodolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Levelling, Definition of terms used in levelling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections, temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring, uses of contour map, tachometer survey, curve setting, earthwork calculation, advanced surveying equipment.
- Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions- void ratio, porosity, a degree of saturation, water content, a specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses.
- Index properties of soils, Atterberg’s limits, ISI soil classification, and plasticity chart. the Permeability of soil, a coefficient of permeability, determination of the coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quicksand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, the degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement. Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test.
- Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, Bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test.
- Fluid properties, hydrostatics, measurements of flow, Bernoulli’s theorem and its application, and turbines.
- Definition, Necessity, Benefits, III effects of irrigation, types, and methods of irrigation. Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, runoff coefficient, rain gauge, losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc.
- Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies.
- Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals. Canal lining – types and advantages.
- Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well. Weir and barrage, Failure of a weird and permeable foundation, Slit, and Scour, Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity. Lacey’s theory of uniform flow.
- Definition of flood, causes, and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measures.
- Land reclamation, Characteristics of affecting the fertility of soils, purposes, methods, description of land and reclamation processes. Major irrigation projects in India.
SSC JE Syllabus for Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures: Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate, bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported, cantilever and over hanging beams.
- Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections, bending moment and shear stress for a tee, channel and compound sections, chimneys, dams and retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams, critical load and columns, Torsion of circular section.
- Properties, Advantages, and uses of concrete, cement aggregates, the importance of water quality, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, storage, batching, mixing, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, hot weather and cold weather concreting, repair and maintenance of concrete structures.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus Pdf
- RCC beams-flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, the design of singly reinforced and doubly reinforced beams, cantilever beams. T-beams, lintels.
- One-way and two-way slabs, isolated footings.
- Reinforced brickworks, columns, staircases, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
- Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams roof trusses plate girders.