SSC JE Syllabus 2024-25
Candidates who have applied for the SSC JE Exam they are Searching for SSC JE Syllabus 2025 here we have given the SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the Aspirants who are attending the SSC Exam.
Click on the below link to get New SSC JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern details.
Staff Selection Commission JE Civil Syllabus 2024
SSC JE Civil Syllabus: SSC Junior Engineer Exam Notification has released. Many of Engineering students are looking for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus & SSC JE Exam Pattern. Number of Aspirants are applied for this exam. Here this might be very useful for the people who are applied for the SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2024. Here we are providing SSC Civil Junior Engineer Syllabus. Grab SSC JE Civil Syllabus and prepare well for the Exam.
This is the place for the people who are preparing for the SSC JE Exam. From here the candidate can download the SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Subjects. Download SSC JE Electrical Syllabus, SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus, SSC JE Admit Card 2024. Get SSC JE Civil Syllabus pdf, this might be very useful for the SSC JE Exam. Aspirants can also get the syllabus at the official site: ssc.nic.in.
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering
Staff Selection Commission Junior Exam Syllabus is different for civil, mechanical, electrical branches. Here we are giving the SSC JE Civil Syllabus & SSC JE Exam Syllabus for Structural Engineering. From here the respective branch student can Download the SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2024. Aspirants can download the complete SSC JE Civil Syllabus from here. By using SSC JE Civil Syllabus candidates can easily prepare for the exam.
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- JE (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)
SSC JE Civil Engineering & Structural Engineer Syllabus:
SSC JE Civil Syllabus is different for the Civil Engineering Students. The people who are belonging to the Civil Engineering Branch can get the SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2024.
- Physical and Chemical properties, Classification, Standard Tests,Uses and manufacture/quarrying of materials e.g. building stones, silicate based materials,Cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood based Products, Laminates,bituminous materials, Paints, Varnishes.
Estimating, Costing, and Valuation:
- Estimate, Glossary of technical terms, Analysis of rates, Methods, and unit of measurement, Items of work – Earthwork, Brick work (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, Plastering.
- Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule. Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule.
- Cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolated and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles and pile-caps.
- Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
- Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying, working of prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying, theodolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Levelling, Definition of terms used in levelling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections, temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring, uses of contour map, tachometer survey, curve setting, earth work calculation, advanced surveying equipment.
- Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions- void ratio, porosity, a degree of saturation, water content, a specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses.
- Index properties of soils, Atterberg’s limits, ISI soil classification, and plasticity chart. Permeability of soil, coefficient of permeability, determination of the coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quick sand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, the degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement. Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test.
- Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, Bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test.
- Fluid properties, hydrostatics, measurements of flow, Bernoulli’s theorem and its application, and turbines.
Irrigation Engineering :
- Definition, Necessity, Benefits, III effects of irrigation, types and methods of irrigation. Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, run off coefficient, rain gauge, losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc.
- Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies.
- Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals. Canal lining – types and advantages.
- Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well. Weir and barrage, Failure of weirs and permeable foundation, Slit and Scour, Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity. Lacey’s theory of uniform flow.
- Definition of flood, causes, and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measures.
- Land reclamation, Characteristics of affecting the fertility of soils, purposes, methods, description of land and reclamation processes. Major irrigation projects in India.
SSC JE Syllabus for Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures: Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate, bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported, cantilever and over hanging beams.
- Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections, bending moment and shear stress for tee, channel and compound sections, chimneys, dams and retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams, critical load and columns, Torsion of circular section.
- Properties, Advantages, and uses of concrete, cement aggregates, the importance of water quality, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, storage, batching, mixing, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, hot weather and cold weather concreting, repair and maintenance of concrete structures.
- RCC beams-flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, the design of singly reinforced and doubly reinforced beams, cantilever beams. T-beams, lintels.
- One-way and two-way slabs, isolated footings.
- Reinforced brick works, columns, staircases, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
- Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams roof trusses plate girders.