Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 PDF along with the exam pattern is available here for the latest Vacancies. Candidates can get here the complete Union Public Service Commission Indian Forest Services Syllabus Pdf along with the Exam Pattern @ www.upsc.gov.in. Aspirants need to appear for the Prelims and Mains Written Examination for which we have given here the detailed links for the Syllabus here.
Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 PDF
Union Public Service Commission Board Authority is going to conduct the written examination on 04th October 2020 for filling various vacancies Under UPSC IFS Recruitment 2020. Applicants who have filled the IFS Application form 2020 can begin their preparation by knowing the Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 and also the Exam Pattern. Applicants can get the UPSC Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 and the Exam Pattern 2020 from the below sections. It is the perfect destination for the candidates who are searching for the Union Public Service Commission IFS Syllabus 2020.
Job seekers who are going to take part in the Indian Forest Service Examination need to concentrate more on their preparation. Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 and the Exam Pattern provides information about the Examination. Knowing the UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2020 details will help the applicants to stay ahead from competitors. Download the Indian Forest Service Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and also the Indian Forest Service Previous Papers to prepare well for the examination. Scroll down to know more information about How to Get into Indian Forest Service through scoring superiorly in the Prelims & Mains Exam.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 – Overview
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|No of Vacancies||Various|
|Name of the Examination||Indian Forest Service Examination|
|Indian Forest Service Prelims Examination Date||04th October 2020|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the Subject||Maximum Marks|
|IFS Prelims Examination|
|Paper-I General Knowledge||200|
|Paper-II General Studies||200|
|IFS Mains Examination|
|Paper I – General English||300|
|Paper-II General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III, IV, V & VI – Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers.||200|
(For Each Paper)
|Interview for Personality Test||300|
- Questions will be set in both English and Hindi.
- The IFS Forestry Exam questions will be of Multiple Choice (Objective Type).
- Paper-II of Civil Services Forestry (Prelims Examination) is the qualifying paper.
- The Fixed Minimum Qualifying marks are at 33%.
- The Prelims Examination will be with a Total of 400 marks (Paper I & II).
- The Time duration each of Two Hours (Paper I, Paper-II).
Indian Forest Service 2020 Selection Procedures:
Candidates who are applying for the Indian Forest Service Examination will be selected based on the following selection criteria
Download UPSC Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2020 PDF
UPSC Indian Forest Service Prelims Syllabus 2020
Paper- I: General Knowledge
- Current Event of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian polity and Governance.
- Economic and Social Development.
- General Science.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
UPSC IFS Exam Paper-II: General Studies
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation.
General English Syllabus
- The English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write the summary
- The standard level of papers in General English is for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
- Other questions are to test the general understanding of English and everyday use of words.
UPSC IFS Mains Optional Subjects
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
Optional Subjects IFS Syllabus 2020 PDF
UPSC Indian Forest Service Mains Exam Syllabus 2020
- Candidates will be required to write an essay in English.
- Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of the workmanlike use of words.
- Passages will usually be set for summary or precise.
- General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.
The Union PSC Indian Forest Service Exam Optional Subjects consists of 14 Subjects they are as follows:
- It consists of 2 papers Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- The detailed information regarding Paper 1 & Paper 2 is enclosed in the below pdf.
- Agricultural Engineering:
- It consists of two papers. In that Paper, I include two sections A & B. Paper II also consists of two sections, i.e., A & B.
- The Detailed Information regarding Paper 1 & Paper 2 is enclosed in below pdf.
- Paper 1 Section A consists of:
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Aerial Photography and Remote Sensing.
- Paper 1 Section B Consists of:
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Agricultural Structures.
- Paper 2 Section A Consists of:
- Farm Power and Machinery
- Paper 2 Section B Consists of:
- Agricultural Process Engineering
- Instrumentation and computer applications in Agricultural Engineering.
3. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science:
Paper I Topics
- Trends in protein nutrition
- Minerals in animal diet
- Vitamins, Hormones and Growth Stimulating, substances
- Advances in Ruminant Nutrition-Dairy Cattle
- The Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition-Poultry
- Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition
- The Advances in Applied Animal Nutrition
- Growth and Animal Production
- Milk Production and Reproduction and Digestion
- Environmental Physiology
- Semen quality
Livestock Production and Management
- Commercial Dairy Farming
- Commercial meat, egg and wool production
- Feeding and management of animals.
Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Population Genetics Applied to Animal Breeding
- Breeding Systems.
Health and Hygiene
- Histology and Histological Techniques
- Bovine Anatomy-Regional Anatomy
- Anatomy of Fowl
- Physiology of blood and its circulation, respiration; excretion, Endocrine glands in health and disease
- Blood constituents
- Endocrine glands
- General knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics of drugs
- Veterinary Hygiene with reference to water, air, and habitation.
- Veterinary Public Health
- Milk and Milk Products Technology
- Milk Technology
- Veterinary Jurisprudence
- Milk Products Technology
Meat Hygiene and Technology
- Meat Hygiene
- Poultry Products Technology
- Meat Technology
- Rabbit/Fur Animal farming
UPSC Indian Forest Service Botany Syllabus
- Microbiology and Plant Pathology
- Phanerogams: Gymnosperms
- Plant Utility and Exploitation
- Cell Biology
- Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Evolution
- Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, and Biostatistics
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Ecology and Plant Geography.
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Solid State
- The gaseous state
- Thermodynamics and statistical thermodynamics
- Phase equilibria and solutions
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface phenomena and catalysis
- Bio-inorganic chemistry
- Coordination chemistry
- General chemistry of ‘f’ block elements
- Non-Aqueous Solvents.
- Delocalized covalent bonding
- Reaction mechanisms
- Reactive Intermediates
- Substitution reactions
- Elimination reactions
- Addition reactions
- Pericyclic reactions
- Chemistry and mechanism of reactions
- Polymeric Systems
- Physical chemistry of polymers
- Preparation and properties of polymers
- Synthetic uses of reagents
- Principles of spectroscopy and applications in structure elucidation
- Rotational spectra
- Vibrational spectra
- Electronic spectra
- Nuclear magnetic resonance
- Mass spectra
- Electron spin resonance.
- Fluid and Particle Dynamics
- Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Noval Separation Processes
- Process Equipment Design
- Process Dynamics and Control.
Important Links Related to Union Public Service Commission
- UPSC IFS Syllabus 2020 PDF
- UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers
- Download UPSC Admit Card 2020
- UPSC IFS Result 2020